Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=599&start_row=1

Sodom and Gommorrah

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 2/9/2005 12:15:01 PM

Can any of the I's give I an overview of what happened in sodom and gomorrah I haven't really got the fullness of it all...I'm just hearing that homosexuality started there..can any of the I point out the scripture so i can get the fullness of it for I-self.

Blessed Love
Sista Susan

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 2/9/2005 1:06:08 PM

I too contemplate this issue.
I think the Bible passage you are looking for is Genesis 19:5
In the King James Version (the only english translation I read)it reads:
And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them".
Many of my Christian bredren tell me the language in the King James version is too hard for them to understand so they read the NIV (New International Version) Bible, where the traslation is clearly changed. Here is the verse in the NIV:
They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
I recommend reading this whole Chapter, in both versions if you can and draw your own conclusions.
I think every one shall be judged by their own iniquity, therefore it is most important to look deep within ourselves for it so that we may better overstand it. The trick of the devil is to create conflict between us, that is why JAH word is edited and confused in so called "versions" of the Bible, so that he split us up and pit us against each other.
give thanks and praises,
Selah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/9/2005 1:08:39 PM

Homosexuality started in Greece

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/9/2005 1:56:22 PM

i'm not sure of its origin, i know it was prevalent as the only heterosexual activity was strictly for reproduction

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 2/9/2005 7:01:00 PM

Scripture should be read, meditated on, and reasoned with others in order to bring about the wisdom and knowledge. Sista, you shouldn't accept anyone else's interpretation but your own. I left the church because they tried to feed me one interpretation summarizing "all I needed to know", But only one's self has the key to their own overstanding.
TEF, this dosn't mean I disagree with you on the meaning of this chapter, I am saying don't undermine Sista's ability to interpret for herself. If her heart is good, she will eventually come to overstand.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/10/2005 5:45:40 AM

Tef interprets well and especially in this moment, because their is not much else to say after reading both chapters in KJV and NIV. I dont overstand why an I would like to learn of it, but Tef makes a good example of what happened.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 2/10/2005 1:46:32 PM

The reason I try to analyze this particular section of the Bible is because many try to hurt homosexuals and rob them of their rights and use this chapter to justify it. Regardless if Batty's are wrong or not, is it right to villify them? Oppress or hurt in the name of JAH? To punish and condemn is the job of the Almighty, and none else. Don't worry if you are not guilty of this, but we must not dare judge others for thier iniquity, for the same judgements will fall upon our heads
Ras Elijah, what is not overstood? Is there something specific that needs to be asked here?
Respectfully,
Osiris

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/10/2005 1:55:00 PM

Umm, I didnt even state whether hurting homosexuals is right or wrong, I simply didnt overstand why the I was asking about it, and also I said Tef Interprets well. You simply changed this subject from being about a passage from a chapter into a reasoning on wether it is right or wrong to hurt homosexuals.

Dont come at me with this, this is a reasoning on a passage, create a new topic if you want to talk about something new.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 2/10/2005 2:09:47 PM

I apologize. I meant no offense Brother Ras.
I am just from a culture that uses the Bible for mind control and not what it was intended to do. I still get defensive when certain verses are brought up. Sista Susan should be the one to explain why she was asking.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/10/2005 2:47:46 PM

i agree, tef offers sound interpretation and reasoning

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I