Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5973&start_row=1

King David Psalms

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dub Thomas Sent: 1/29/2015 2:40:55 AM

I have recently started reading the Psalms of David but as I understood there are so many different versions of them .... different translations and of course this means different interpretations.

Perhaps can somebody advice me which of the many versions would be the most appropriate to read.

I would like to do a project with chanting psalms and music and would like to stay as close as possible to the originals. Since i have no knowledge of Amharic language what is the best English translation of them?

Give thanks

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/29/2015 7:42:00 AM

Isis I. Check your blue letter bible and study the concordance with the original Hebrew

Messenger: IyahHottaFyah Sent: 2/1/2015 5:13:17 PM

In addition to the concordance with the original Hebrew, also invest in a bible lexicon as many words have been mis-translated. David Bauscher has done a great job with The Original Aramaic New Testament in Plain English with Psalms & Proverbs, which you can purchase from Amazon.
However, I&I has just learned to substitute certain words while reading for the purpose of manifesting a fuller Livity.

Psalm 34 Nyabinghi Version (NV)

1. I&I will bless Almighty Rastafari at all times: Almighty Rastafari's praise shall continually be in I&I mouth.

2 I&I soul shall make boast in Almighty Rastafari the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

3 O magnify Almighty Rastafari with I&I and let I&I exalt Almighty Rastafari's name together.

4 I&I sought Almighty Rastafari and Almighty Rastafari heard I&I and delivered I&I from all I&I fears.

5 I&I looked unto Almighty Rastafari and were lightened: and I&I face were not ashamed.

6 I&I cried, and Almighty Rastafari heard I&I and saved I&I out of all troubles.

The vanguards of Almighty Rastafari encamps around I&I because I&I fear Almighty Rastafari And Almighty Rastafari delivers I&I.

8 Oh, taste and see that Almighty Rastafari is great;
Blessed is I&I who trusts in Almighty Rastafari !

9 Give honor and praise to Almighty Rastafari all I-trens of the most high. There is no want to I&I who fear Almighty Rastafari .

10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger;
But I&I who seek Almighty Rastafari shall not lack any good

11 Come, you I-tren listen to I&I; I&I will teach I&I the fear of Almighty Rastafari .

12 Who is the I-tren that desires life,
And loves many days, that I&I may see good?

13 Keep I&I tongue from evil,
And I&I lips from speaking deceit.

14 Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.

15 The eyes of Almighty Rastafari are on the righteous,
And Almighty Rastafari's ears are open to I&I cry.

16 The face of Almighty Rastafari is against those who do evil,to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

17 The righteous cry out, and Almighty Rastafari hears,
And delivers I&I out of all I&I troubles.

18 Almighty Rastafari is near I&I which have a repenting heart. Almighty Rastafari saves the I-tren with a contrite spirit.

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But Almighty Rastafari delivers I&I out of them all.

20 Almighty Rastafari guards all I&I bones;
Not one of them is broken.

21 Evil shall slay the wicked, And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.

22 Almighty Rastafari redeems the soul of I&I
And none of the I-tren who trust in Almighty Rastafari shall be condemned!

Blessed-

Messenger: Dub Thomas Sent: 2/3/2015 2:23:45 AM

give thanks for the link GARVEYS AFRICA ... did not know this side.
Will keep me busy for some time :)

and also give thanks brother IyahHottaFyah for the nice transcription of the psalm.

I&I let you know how far with the project and post something here to listen when i&I have something ready.

blessings

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I