Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5965&start_row=1

Rastafarians and Stealing?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SourDieselKing1 Sent: 1/19/2015 2:48:52 AM

Hello all. Non Rastafarian here, but new to studying it's roots and such. although I do smoke the herb. I do however have a question though in regards to Rastafarians and their view of stealing and theft, crime and illegal activity whether it's for necessity or other reasons. So a friend of mine who I know claims to be a Rastafarian, who's name I won't say. He steals cars for a living and counterfeits stuff, deals hard drugs as well as weed too, and some other things. but nothing violent id say, just crime to make money. I asked him politely if what he does for a living is against his religion? he said basically all different Rastas have different views but said solely no it isn't against it because of the rule of surviving and doing things when it's a need and you have to protect your family. And also as long as you're not harming anyone physically and you don't personally know them and continuously do it to them. And also not from family or friends.

so what is your guys view of this id love to know does this violate your religion and beliefs? does it disqualify someone of being a Rastafarian?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2015 5:17:50 AM

Theft is wrong as are hard drugs.
But poverty and ghetto living is Real.
Yes man must do what he needs to survive.

The most important thing is not to judge the life of other Rasta. Kinda thing that?

More power and consciousness for the brethren.

Haile I

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/19/2015 11:30:45 AM

I would agree that hard drugs are always wrong.
But theft in I opinion is not wrong in every situation.
As I don't see what's wrong with theft from a corrupt government wich is itself a great thief,in order to survive or extortion of corrupt individuals who rob the poor for example.
Working hard and earning money honestly is the best way of course.
But if that's not an option for some then...

Also NOTE that RasTafarI is not a religion.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 1/19/2015 12:51:28 PM

InI would say it is wrong aswell, on both account. (Hard drugs/stealing). But like Iya GA a say, a so it go. The ghetto/street life is real. It is hard. One haffi survive and provide. InI have personally done things of which InI would nah wanna do anymore, because InI had to survive and live in the streets. (Gangs, drugs, etc).

JAH guide I-man to Rastafari, now InI livity is guided by strict morality and love.

It is a difficult/different situation. I-man know through experience. InI and King GA had reasoned previously how when ones come up inna roughness, it can at times help lead ones to HIM livity and truth and love.

JAH guide

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/19/2015 1:20:30 PM

theft is wrong, theft is evil. Strugling fo survival doesn't mean one should steal. What kind of Rasta steal cars? Rasta don't steal, Rasta not a blood sucker. When somebody steal anada person s' car, Its more like sucking dat person s' blood. Infact dat man ain't Rasta but him is Babylon. He is a wolf in a sheep skin. Dealin with drugs is overstandable as a survival means but stealing someone s' car is unjustifiable. Rasta is not a criminal, Rasta is a Black liberator. Fireburn stealing,

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2015 1:55:29 PM

Progressive youths. Anyone see the example at the end of the movie Rockers (lol)?? Really tho

Big up NaZir I remember that reasoning, more strength rasta

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/19/2015 3:01:25 PM

^
A good Ixample of what Iman was talking about.
This may be against 'the law'.
But by wich principles or standards exactly is theft considered WRONG in such a situation?
IDK.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 1/19/2015 6:16:03 PM

I would da both a dem wrong but survival is survival.
Selling drugs tho different angles different thoughts but would redda not but at least both individuals agree but one can't agree on a stolen car!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/19/2015 10:51:21 PM

Ras Nate. Rasta not a blood sucker but Rasta is a Black liberator. Let dis be clear to Idem. Rasta promote iquality & justice. Stealing is against Rasta livity. Rasta teach & promote peace, love & inity. So tel I people, what kind of love u promote by stealing somone s' car? It ain't love but its wickedness. Right now Black people @ home & abroad are fighting one anada because of theft, blood shed ina Africa because of theft. Theft is one of de stumbling blocks to de inification of Africans. Fire!

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/19/2015 10:59:26 PM

Rastafarian and stealing should not be mentioned in the same sentence. I and I need to blaze out any negative reference when referring to Ras, Rasta, or Rastafarian.

Babylon is the great thief, they steal people's money, families, and even their very souls.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I