Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5923&start_row=1

Water

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble one Sent: 12/18/2014 2:38:15 AM

Dear All,

Living in the city, the only water that I have access to is tap water (as if for most of the population). I know that they add many chemicals to the tap water, yet I still have to drink it everyday.
I have spoken to others about this who said that I was very extreme not even want to drink the tap water. I think it is extreme of Babylon to add chemicals to the water in the first place.

Because the chemicals have been normalised does not mean that they are not harmful to livity. Because Babylon is a system of normalised slavery.

I have read many sites that say how dangerous the water is over a long period of time; sometimes I can even taste the chemicals. I have also read how mountain spring water is the ideal; as it comes straight from the earth.

HOWEVER, I do not ask for the theory behind this as I already know that spring water is the ideal.

BUT I do not live anywhere near a mountain spring; 150 miles to be precise. It is unrealistic to drive everyday to this spring!

Does anyone have any practical advice as how to get cleaner water in my own home?

I have always been wary of water filters because just as there are chemicals in the water the filtering of them also is very un natural (how do I know that they don't add something worse to the water because Babylon's intentions are not good?) I recently read of a "Pill" that was advertised to clean the water of chemicals when added. I would not subscribe to this, because how can adding more artificial DEAD stuff help it to become less DEAD?

I would love to know if anyone has any practical advice about this.

Wishing everyone all the best,

Joe.

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 12/18/2014 9:14:27 AM

Greetings Joe,

Have you thought about boiling your water? I boil my water on the stove for 5 minutes to sterilize it when I don't have the time to visit a local store. I also buy spring water from a natural/organic store. Spring water is, from my knowledge, the best type of water to get. They have some in bottles as well as gallons. But if you must,as you say, drink from the tap, boiling water does kill bacteria. Boil and store it in containers. Hope this helps any. Others may have advice as well.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Niko Sent: 12/18/2014 9:31:53 AM

Greetings Joe,

has the I considered collecting rainwater?
InI should not worry about "acid rain" unless InI lives near a volcano or a nuclear power plant.
InI would simply take a *clean* bucket or container, wait until it fills up, then if the InI wants, could pour it through a coffee filter to remove any particles.
Blessings and good tidings to the I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/18/2014 9:44:55 AM

Rain water from a CITY is basically garbage water, Definately needs to be boiled out.

But Joe it sound like you want the best of both. The luxury of City life but the Ital resources of the Mountain side.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 12/19/2014 2:44:30 AM

Dear All,

Thank you very much for all of the suggestions.

Garveys Africa: I would love to live in the countryside and not the city. At the moment that isn't possible though. I don't think that the city is luxury by any means; if what one calls luxury is lots of possessions, ease of getting things etc. then it is, but if the man's wealth is in his soul then it is not al all.

I had not thought about rainwater. I do have a garden, and collect rainwater for my plants. We have LOTS of rain here in the UK.

It seems fitting that rainwater is better, even in the city (well, we live 8 miles away from it). This is because I notice the difference in my plants (I have many). When I have the rainwater to give them, they flourish (even though the rain fell in the city). However, during a long heat wave (which is very unusual here)occasionally I have to water them with the hose, which is tap water. Almost immediately they look a lot sadder and generally do not look as full of life (not because of the heat but because of the water).

I think even though the rainwater isn't completely pure, if I look at my plants as a measure, it must be better than water with chemicals purposefully added.

Do you boil the rainwater before drinking? Do you do this on a regular basis?

As for boiling tap water, it may sterilize it but doesn't this concentrate the chemicals; ie because pure water evaporates, leaving chemicals behind. I think with tap water chemicals are the problem more than bacteria here.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/19/2014 3:23:38 AM

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/19/2014 3:24:21 AM

Distillate the water then. Blessings.

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/19/2014 5:04:33 AM

Also can drill a borehole

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 12/19/2014 8:46:04 AM

Bottled spring water out the store would be the best solution in that situation.
Boiling water doesn't necessarily destroy chemicals as the I said.
Like fluoride wich can damge the brain.

If there is absolutely no other choice but tap water,then there are many different ways the I can purify it:

http://m.wikihow.com/Purify-Water

Ises I
JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 12/19/2014 9:09:03 AM

Dear All,

Thank you all for the suggestions, and Ras nate I think I will take your suggestion of the bottled spring water.

But what does everyone else do? Because I imagine that the majority of people on here would not have access to a live spring. Or am I wrong?

Does everyone else collect their own rainwater or buy store water?

All the best,

Joe.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I