Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5922&start_row=1

Iquality

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/16/2014 10:39:04 AM

Greetings
I have read and overstood the icept of placing oneself and thy kind above the rest as the building rock of RasTafarI to uphold black dignity and liberty . Also that for a white man to become RasTafarI is to align himself with the black mans goal of liberation and repatriation. Iman see this livity in a different way.
''Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery..'' This I see as the true representation of RasTafarI purpose.
I believe mental slavery is in all man and his Concepts. If a former slave still considers white man ''master'' then he is a slave still despite being free. If the white man considers the black man inferior, then he too is a slave-mentally- to the CONceppt which considers him superior. In Africa too we are taught how white man killed many black man and we start to think of white man as very superior. When in a shop white man is attended to first because everybody think they are richer. The white man is also shown as the savior of Africa when they send aid so we depend on them. We too are slaves. He sees needy people that could be a good investment. He too is a slave.
Sometimes we read and see that the white man used us and we get angry, call them Babylon when really, it is the state of mind from which all should be freed that should be called Babylon. both white and black. And this slavery could also be seen within each others races. See what happens with Russia and Ukraine. Here we see 2007, and what happens in Turkana, even in Tana River. Look what Idi Amin Dada did to his fellow man. Look what Hutu did to Tutsi. Even financial slavery - keeping credit. All this is form of mental slavery. Fear is mental slavery, fear is not of Jah. `Babylon infests both white and black man. So a white man becoming RasTafarI is to join in the battle against Babylon and all its trickery. If a white man upholds RasTafarI values, should I not love him as much as my black brother? And if he upholds more values should I not value him more?
Blessings. Power of the Trinity,.

Messenger: Shasatabe Makonnen Sent: 12/16/2014 12:55:56 PM

Iyah give thanks fi di I reasoning and overstanding

Jah RasTafarI

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 12/16/2014 1:13:28 PM

I completely agree. I see Babylon (confusion) and rastafari (the truth of life). I do not see definite white and black because I know many black people who are completely indoctrinated by the system and I also know some white people who are very wise; and vice versa.

A man cannot change the colour of his skin, but he can change his consciousness if he has the knowledge. Jah reveals his knowledge to people of all races. Babylon is not a race defined by skin colour, as I see many sufferers of all skin colours, but a race of those who have been confused by the system. I do not judge until I know exactly what the person is going/has been through.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/16/2014 2:09:54 PM

Give thanks for this reasoning I-Wango!
Greetings All.
Blessed Oneness. Imanity needs to rise above its identification of "self" as simply human, or one type of human! I&I are ultimately more than the confines of this flesh suit. To realEyes Iritual Oneness is bigger than a race war.
Still, RASpect and justice for all African people - that the I's have yet to have in current Iwah and fully deserve. All righteous people deserve freeItes, as does all of nature. Ites, love, oneness, harmony - that life is about, and RasTafarI is Life. One life + one love!
Bless, thANKHs.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/16/2014 10:33:01 PM

Bro J K Wango. Its not realy aboout placings oneself above de rest like de I seh but its about uplifting, liberating & preservin I & I Black race, Everyone has a responsibility to sweep his own house. It is I man duty to sweep I Black house as a Black man while it is de white man's duty to sweep his white house. So bro when I & I are sweeping I & I Black yard don't bother we about other people s' houses & yards fo it ain't I & I duty to sweep dem yard. Neva feel guilty to uplift I Black race

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/17/2014 8:54:16 PM

I think there was a thread on this a good 100 pages long already. Full of fire

Fire on mental slavery. Slavery is slavery. Who feels it knows. Rastafari is not a mental thing and Rastafari dont want mental freedom in bondage

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/18/2014 9:49:19 AM

We Africans Will Fight, If Necessary, And WE Know That We Shall Win, As We Are Confident In The Victory Of Good Over Evil

Black Liberation Black Nationalism and Black culture, are staples of Rastafari, without any apology

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/18/2014 10:16:58 AM

Blessed love.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I