Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5905&start_row=11

swearing

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 11/28/2014 7:26:47 AM

The hands that help are holier than the mouth that doesn't swear.
It's true that the words that are uttered come from within so it would be useless for someone to stop uttering swear words yet still cuss within.
Better to be cussed jokingly and uninsultingly by a friend than flattered with nice words by an enemy who hates within.A place and a time for everything sometimes swearing also in a certain situation.Morality is a must but
InI are not really religious.

Blessed I I

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/2/2014 12:03:56 PM

I may not know what de I mean by swearing but I man Iliveth dat when eva ones ear one Rasta referin to anada fellow Idren as stupid den ones haffe know dat Rasta got evil conception. Ones haffe Iware dat de moment one start to think n feel anada Idren/Istren as stupid is de moment one get possesed by evil spirits. De mentality of sightin stupidity on anada I is de mentality of arrogancy n hatred which is against de Rasta teachings of humbleness n One Black Love. Rasta word sound is upfull

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/2/2014 9:30:36 PM

Foolish argument. Check a Marley reasoning

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/3/2014 10:24:38 PM

Blessed love to All.
King GA, care to expand those statements?
Iwombman sIght that the Idrens have reasoned well in these aspects, and I&I can sIght why Idren Black Heart say that Iman uphold honor and RASpect for the fellow Istren and Idren, and not allow the Iself to look down on or scorn a bredren. I&I bless up the I's, and if the I seem acting ignorant, Iwombman would rather approach the I in love, or else just remove Iself from the situation, instead of thinking ill of the Idren/Istren.
How is this "foolish" and what is the "Marley reasoning" on this aspect of thinking disRASpectful thoughts about the Idren? (Or was that the freedom of B-C speech the I mention before? A reasoning which Iwombman Ipprecilove by the way, although that sentiment seems unrelated in this instance.)
Give Ises for lIfe, bless up the Lion.

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 12/4/2014 9:51:15 AM

'If you get down and quarrel every day your saying prayers to the devils i say'- ever wise Prophet Marley

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/4/2014 10:21:52 PM

I giv thanks to Sista Jah Child fo de positive vibes, wise mind n word sound. De Marley interview is irrelevent to dis reasoning. I must also say dat I man ain't in a quarrel or argument with no one but I man just reasoning as ussual. I must also say dat dis ain't foolish but is an upful reasoning so big up to de Idren who started dis thread. Many times when I man reason with Rastas in I area n in dis forum I find Iself facin arrogancy, bigotry n sometimes even hatred fo standin loyal to de truth

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/5/2014 10:59:20 AM

Blessed love, well reasoned Kings. Iwombman still interested to hear King GA RASponse on that. Any remarks Ras?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 12/5/2014 4:34:21 PM

Isn't the Nazarite vow a form of swearing!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/6/2014 1:18:48 PM

My point was just dat! Marley, Peter dem used cuss word at cert times - as two example as Rasta seeing as somebody mentioned 'Rasta dont cuss'. Peter even explained WHY he may choose to stray from English BC grammer. The whole language IS a cuss, hence why I sight a foolish argument. Nobody is higher than anybody based off of dialect

I not taking any high chair / judgement chair against any of I brethren and sistren on this one.

Just be wise, show manners and raspect. Thats all

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/6/2014 1:29:27 PM

Another point is WHO IS IT GOING TO OFFEND? Rasta don't business too much about offending Rome.

Muta made a point aBout this: If a man JUMPs up and bawls out A BUMBO-rars-cloth! As he sights he has just WON the lottery (for example)
- how is this wrong? Does context not play a part?

What about words like Crakkker? Is that a 'swear' word?

What about words that have historically been used to offend InI LIKE 'ETHIOPIA' - is that not a swear word?

In closing:
Burn babylon language full stop.
Actions / Heart / Intent > Dialect

All a semantics game

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I