Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5890&start_row=1

Google

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/20/2014 12:48:30 PM

Most High love Idren and Istren,
Today I was going on google's site and I saw the theme image, or whatever the term would be, for today.

The quote says, "to understand is to stand under, which is to look up to, which is a good way to understand," and the smaller words look illegible to Iyah, but I did a small amount of research to learn that the name is "Corita Kent", the name of a nun in Iowa who became famous for her artwork. Today is her 96th "birthday".
What do the I's reason up on this quotation?

Iwombman views:
As a nun it probably makes sense according to her religious training that a person should look up to something else in order to comprehend life. However, this phrase "look up to" literally replacing the word "understand" in the English language would completely change the way people use the phrase. "I understand geological science," would become, "I look up to geological science." This may be true, but it is a different statement. Iwombman idea of Overstanding is like, looking at life from the Hills. Looking at life as a patchwork of ideas, from JAH Iyest level of sIght. Iverstanding - seeing life from the Iyest Eye. Seeing the way Ivery Idea is knit together with the next, and the whole landscape of ideas flowing smoothly, with integrity, from one to the next. Like when Iwombman climb a mountain and can see the tiny communities below, all functioning as a network. Point being, Overstanding is seeing from a High vantage, whereas the idea this Sister puts forth is more like, looking at the top peak of the mountain, from the base at the bottom, and trying to imagine what the top of the mountain is like, whether rocky or muddy, cold or sunny. There is no way to really know til I&I get up there, and can see the top of the mountain along with Iverything else all around. Iyest I, Ites of Eyes, I&I&I Selassie. Haile!! Iverstanding the teachings of His Imperial Majesty, not simply listening to what others say about the words. It is blessed to "look up to" Righteousness, but how much better to BE Righteous?

One love I&I&I. Peace and Itection.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2014 2:14:36 PM

Burn Google statement. Ongl thing we lookup to is Sun of the Most High.

InI Overstand, and from long time.

Give thankhs for the reasoning you shared

Most High Jah

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 11/20/2014 3:33:03 PM

Hmm to 'look up to',Iman searching for a balance,Iman look to ones who will raise InI and observe ones tearing apart.to look up would mean not to see the whole picture ignoring the foundation and the path one is walking.InI must observe four winds,and all around,through sight in the physical realm,and through the third eye Iritically.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/20/2014 11:22:10 PM

I can Overstand a lot JAH has put under I, but JAH will always be above I as I am but a mortal man and as a man I can only understand JAH the most high. But if I rise in the Irits and BE at his right hand by his throne and see HIM I to I......InI.
Then I can just stand, in the spirit of JAH....

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/21/2014 5:36:53 PM

Blessed love Idren, thanks for the RASponses. Iwombman fully Igree with the I's GA and JAHLIONcub! Ras Jesse, I&I can see where the I is reasoning from, that JAH is an HIGH power, and hard for humans to comprehend. But I am not so quick to put those limitations on the human mind, that it could not possibly overstand JAH. The I just recently shared the videos of the lecture with the Indian Sistren, Swamiti Vimalananda, who speaks on the power of the mind. So Iwombman suggest that the best way to begin to OVERstand this ever-present Iternal power is to realEYEs that I am existing within the power, therefore, I am the power. Start to Ighten the I Eyes, see JAH from an I perspective. I&I am not trying to "understand" or "look up to" JAH neither! As Binghibobo said, observe all around and through the third eye, Selassie I.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/21/2014 6:43:12 PM

Jah is spirit and to be worshiped in spirit.

Flesh and bone has limitation the spirit must go beyond

To break free from mental and physical slavery one must be spirit...

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/21/2014 7:19:01 PM

Because its the spirit of JAH Rastafari that breaks chains and prevents them from coming back

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/21/2014 7:40:06 PM

What does it mean for the I to "worship JAH in spirit", Idren Jesse?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/21/2014 9:20:06 PM

What is making babelon fall? Physical force? Or is it iritual, brimstone, thunder, lighting earthquakes, Babylon uses its hooks to catch the carnal and psychological mind, but one who is in the spirit of JAH one is not not moved nor manipulated

It's not physical weapons , nor thinking that bring babelon down.....InI chant babelon down, its the spirit chanting, the spirit is living,and its a high vibration babelon cannot exist in.

Worship is physical action for the Divine Supreme being, to worship in spirit means the worship with the spirit, to put spirit into what one does, one can worship with just words but with out spirit the words are like dead leaves falling on the ground....no life.....jus mere repetition or regurgitation
Same with actions, is on speaking/acting from habit and repetition or is one speaking from the spirit...
If your going worship JAH it must be from the depths of the heart with sincerity,
It'd like saying I love you with out the spirit of true love being there .....one must worship/ live up in the spirit

Most High JAH Rastafari
Haile Selassie I lives and rules

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/21/2014 11:44:31 PM

Im jus learning how to.....to worship JAH in spirit. It is to live up! Like Queen Qyabingi, Like Marcus Garvey , like Ras Tafari, Like Christ, like Bib Marley, Like so many that do their part. So many have done good things with the spirit of JAHis love, truth, compassion, it is what unites us. One love

To worship JAH in spirit is to take care and love ones self , his/ her family,and serve them,

Some have a gift I would say or are appointed or deeply moved in spirit to rise up even higher to love and serve also their neighbor, strangers,
and then the community, humanity family, nation(s) . Even Mother Earth and animals .

Worship in spirit is true Rastafari livity , it thanks and praise allways remember JAH ,JAH is GOD, GOD is love let us all love

One love

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I