Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5865&start_row=1

Difference between bobo Ashanti, nyahabinghi and twelve tribes of israel

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 10/26/2014 1:18:09 AM

what's de difference between all 3? Iyah know a few things about both but i don't know everything about each. what is the main difference? thanks brother and sisters! praises to Jah!

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 10/26/2014 5:48:50 AM

Trinity and views on Haile Selassie
Nyabinghi-Haile Selassie is the one and only supreme god, he is the full trinity
Boboshanti-has a trinity of prophet,priest and King,Marcus Garvey,Emmanuel Charles Edwards and Haile Selassie
Twelve tribes-the personality of jesus christ has been revealed in Haile. Selassie,follows christian trinity,jesus is still to come in flesh

Flag
Nyabinghi-Green on top,red at the bottom which represents good over evil(green over red)
Boboshanti-Red on top,green at the bottom,(no blood under grass)represents the order of a rainbow as Haile Selassie sits on a rainbow circle throne as in Revelations.bobo flag has R symbol which represents Righteousness,black five point stars, and a lion symbol which represents the lion of judah.under the green there 4 more horizontal strips blue,then purple,then black,then white.
(Welve tribes-not sure of the Ifficial order,I have seen both,but I have seen red on top in more circumstances

Diet
Nyabinghi-Ital some avoid eating from the vine
Boboshanti-Ital avoiding mangoes,sugarcane,and food from the vine
Twelve tribes-Ital but not sure tbh

Issembly
Nyabinghi-priests administer around the centre altar,males must have their hair uncovered,women must have theirs covered,many male drummers,women with shakers,psalms read,nyabinghi chants,bible read,fire key lit
Boboshanti-7 priests hold service on a rectangular altar,Males on one side of the room and women on the other side,5 drummers,psalms read,nyabinghi chants,bible read,faces ethiopia
Twelve tribes-sometimes in church,sometimes in a binghi styled setting,adopts main christian values and ideas

Garments
Nyabinghi-nothing degrading,green over red,women wear long dresses and not trousers
Boboshanti-Turbans for the men,Falls for the women,nothing white over black,red over green,very strict bobos wear a specific colour everyday according to the flag,Red on sunday,yellow on monday,green on tuesday,blue on wednesday,purple on thursday,black on friday,white on saturday sabbath.women wear long dresses and no trousers
Twelve tribes-Im not sure if there is any ifficial guidlines for this house,but I would guess it would be nothing degrading

Sabbath
Nyabinghi-has sabbath on friday/saturday and I have heard some Binghi keep the ethiopian sabbath which is on tuesday/wednesday
Boboshanti- strictly keeps the sabbath friday/saturday and there something they do either on monday or wednesday, I can't remember what its called
Twelve tribes- no ifficial sabbath, its more of a personal preference

Ganja
Nyabinghi-smokes in issembly,in gates,amongst bredren
Boboshanti-in private
Twelve tribes- when the person wants to, maybe not in service

That's some of the main differences,apologies if some of the twelve tribes answers are a bit vague,maybe another Idren could confirm or correct what I've said

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/26/2014 6:23:32 AM

Tribesman follow Sabbath. And is not every Rasta smoke herbs that has little to do with what (if any) house one is in. There are many many many different mansion in I father house.

Remember Rastafari is a LIVity, more than a something to read up about.

Hail up all Far-I camps and any gathering of InI. More Inity

Bless up

Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 10/26/2014 10:42:12 PM

Thank the I for all the facts InI may learn from this!While Iyah read this I feel like Iman agree with Nyah life stile but the thoughts of Selassie and Jesus are where iyah agree with Twelve tribes. What would this make I? Also what does food from Vine mean? Thanks to my brothers and sisters! Have a JAH filled day!

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 10/27/2014 9:18:33 AM

The I must make the choice,the I doesn't have to restrict the Iself to just one mansion,look at it like this if you visit different peoples houses you can take away certain ideas and make your own house as the I wants it.seen one man could never be at his best living in another mans house.

Food from vine means food the that grows on a vine like grapes and tomatoes etc

Bless up!!!

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/3/2015 4:47:52 AM

theres no difference in christ
man differenciate himself
its one haile selassie same one emmanuel same one marcus garvey
one god
father son and holy spirit
one black christ kingdom

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/17/2015 3:30:42 AM

One Haile Selassie the First, the only true God.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/17/2015 5:11:16 AM

How can marcus garvey be the same one Haile when they were in disagreement

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/18/2015 3:41:22 AM

Garvey is the prophet of Jah, and Holy Emmanuel his priest. Jah is Haile Selassie the First.
Remember Abraham and Melchizedek? I am Abraham, and Emmanuel is Melchisedec.

Marcus Garvey has the ghost of Jah, and Holy Emmanuel is his Son, and Emperor Haile Selassie is God in earthly flesh.
One God, Ras Tafari

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 3:46:00 AM

There we go trying to force the Christian principle in.. The ghost of JAH would call Jah a coward? And a traitor? Marcus' words about HIM. They don't have to be one and the same you know

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I