Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5864&start_row=1

What is a shaman?

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/22/2014 8:30:14 PM

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/22/2014 10:13:23 PM

What IS a Shaman?

I think I read somewhere that the term 'Shaman' comes from Siberia somewhere in reference to the cultural traditional spiritualist.

The Beast wan gi name to erryting as e see fit.

Burn beast naming!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/22/2014 11:24:26 PM

It wasn't the beast that made that name.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/23/2014 6:41:07 AM

Then who was it king?

I know most shaman burn shamanism. It's a foreign concept dem use to paint a brush over many different forms of african spirituality. If your spiritual practice deals with the power of the ancestors dem call you shaman.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/23/2014 7:06:36 AM

Right, then why is African, South American and others indigenies traditional priestess and priest refered to as "shaman" and their spiritual ways refered to as shamanism when they have words in their respective languages to describe such?

Why isn't Christian communicating and praying Jesus on behalf a dey people refered to as shamanISM?

Why Jesus healing d sick, spitting in mud rubbing in eyes healing d blind or raising d dead, speaking to d higher diety, transfiguring, walking on water called shamanISM?

What about Moses, and he magic wand, hebrew traditional sacrifices, Aaronic preist healers, nazarite vow, all "shamanic" practices but not refered to as such, why?

It wasn't beast wha made d name but e wa d one wha spread it roun to what e perceive as primitive or evil or just lower than e ways!

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/23/2014 8:50:14 AM

Seen....I didnt knw dat,but for sure di way it is described shows some Afrikan Spirituality in it,but I hadnt heard anything like dat before.

True,now its clear di beast named it,so as to potray a demonic paganic picture on Afrikan spirituality.

FIRE!!!!
So definately they say a Rastaman a shaman also

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 10/23/2014 8:58:21 AM

There is no one agreement upon the origin of the word neither what it means.
However,it may be true that giving all people who deal with spirit world or practices percieved as strange or even foolish by the people who are not familiar with such things one name is inapropriate.Just becoz the things these healers deal with are strange to them they decide to label all with one name "shaman".But these healers and communicators to the spirit world in different parts of the world are all different.Like some deal with wickedness and evil curses and others help people..So it is kinda primitive to label all these people with one name only becoz they are all dealing with something seemingly unusual to those who use the name.

This is why many men/wombmen who are seen as shamans by regular people,themselves prefer the term medicine man,sorcerer,healer etc...

BLESS

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/23/2014 9:00:44 AM

If you can raise your consciousness to a higher level
If you can Imunicate with the Ancestors

then you a Shaman. According to babylon..

As well a Pagan, a Heathen..... etc

Lol.

Meanwhile, Christians time travel back 2000 years during each sermon/mass and receive the BLOOD sacrifice of their dead saviour to drink....... IF this isn't SHAMANISM then I don't know what is!

Yeah it just a broad term, means nothing.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/24/2014 9:28:51 PM

It is a word from the Evenki people. Just because Babylon takes up a word, book, religion, culture, philosophy, concept or something else and uses it for their own wickedness; it doesn't mean it belongs to them, and I and I shouldn't give them such a privilege, especially considering their misuse and abuse.

That is the Reason I made this Reasoning.

----------------
babylon has no claim

I and I need to blaze out any negative reference when saying Ras, Rasta, Rastafarian, ras, rasta, rastafarian, or any form of word from RasTafarI or Haile Selassie I.

I have also used some of those words to refer to those who claim to be RasTafarI but are far from RasTafarI (for example, calling them rasta instead of RasTafarI). I have been thinking about it for a while and I see that I and I shouldn't do such a thing. Those words are I and I words, they don't belong to babylon and babylon has no claim on it, and I and I should in no way be giving it to them.

I and I should call such people imposters, frauds or other words, or say they claim, pretend or imagine that they are RasTafarI. When I and I say Ras, Rasta, Rastafarian and other words like those, it should always mean RasTafarI.
----------------

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/24/2014 11:12:53 PM

We don't say it blongs to dem in reference to d Siberian ethnicities wha use d word in dey own vocabulary fa dey own people no, but d beast meaning in dey usage of d word is different and that's the usage the masses have not the Siberian one.

D I is right InI cnt gi dem power by walkin under dey umbrella! Still dey a call a Babalowa a Shaman but a Shaman is Siberian, Babalowa Is Yoruba so when referring to anyone other than those who's tounge d term belongs to it is d beast's word

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I