Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5863&start_row=1

Jamaica

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 10/22/2014 2:33:42 AM

Blessings,

Kingman n I are interested in travels to Jamaica. I want to know how it will be to move there, is there a government such as here in the US. How is school for the idren. How is work, etc insight

Messenger: anonymous Sent: 10/22/2014 3:19:07 AM

yeah i was wondering tht question too and can some1 who lives in eu get jamaican citizenship

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/22/2014 7:26:32 AM

Africa for Africans at home and abroad.

You want to move to the place Rasta iriginally identify as Babylon. The island is beautiful. The government corrupt and heavily influenced or controlled by da US. The schools ok but the main issue is poverty. Poverty lick the whole island. Hence why the murder rate is of the highest in the west... including the police murders, police brutality out deh ah different and from you a ras you will be targeted. 'P**** hole dread boy, get over here' is a common police call for 'hello Rastaman could you please come here'

And then theres Chickungunya whe coming like Jamaican ebola - epidemic right now

Still, the tourist areas have no problem.

Now with that said, if your not a part of the solution you are a part of the problem. What do you plan on doing once you move to jamdown? How you plan to beat out them problem deh?

Bless up

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 10/22/2014 4:27:49 PM

Why not look into moving to Africa? Perhaps because the I is now starting to trod Rastfari Jamaica seems like a paradise island,when the I gets deeper into the trod and overstands certain things maybe the I will be more inclined to seeking to dwell in Mama Africa.Look into repatriation a bit more perhaps. Give thanks and more blessings

Messenger: empress latrice Sent: 10/22/2014 6:16:40 PM

I actually researched living in Africa earlier. I want to maybe wait until the Idren are older. I not sure why I always refer to Jamaica when thinking about RasTafari. To I, almost majority of videos I watch the RasTas are in Jamaica. I still reading, learning, and researching. THis website has helped plenty

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/23/2014 8:52:08 AM

Blessed. You will also find JA is similar to many African countries. It all depends on resources. Why wait until the Idrin are grown to repatriate? I guess schooling is a concern..... If you don't wish to home school Ifrica is full of good schoolhttp://homecomingrevolution.com/blog/2013/07/30/100-best-secondary-schools-in-africa/

Good to see the I researching into de I repatriation. Is a MUST.

Haile

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I