Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=586&start_row=11

I-turn to Ethiopia

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/7/2005 10:43:37 PM

Everything belongs to the creator JAH. I can see the point that Anbassa is making because in that sense it would ridicule the reason for why the movement was created. However, I believe we should all be able to roam this earth freely, as long as we pay respect to our fellow men and women. Elijah, if you like to go to Ethiopia, be it so, but get your money right and dont count on anyone paying up the way for you. There will always, and I mean always be someone who has less than you who needs the support of the organization more than you. Maybe I misunderstood and you are not seeking support of that nature, than I apologize. In any event, lets get it right wherever we live before moving back to Africa. Is this not what HIS MAJESTY said when visiting Jamaica? This should apply for people everywhere.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/7/2005 10:45:09 PM

Selah

RSK

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/8/2005 10:10:28 AM

Yes, I plan to have money when I arrive, of course. I want to move to Shashemane, but not only is my direction to live their but rebuild, OVERSTAND im not looking for no cheap way in. I want to go and I want to help, rebuild and build even more than what their was. not only on Shashemane town but in all the citys and in the Government itself. The great government of Ethiopia helps the I's alot but their could always be more to be done. I want to live were all the people gravitate to RastafarI faith, it would make day by day living much easier, maybe at the price of food and other material things but I soul shall benefit.

I may live their forever or stay for as long as I can, then return to America with my experiences I will be apart of.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/8/2005 10:19:27 AM

" my home is in my head"

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/8/2005 10:25:37 AM

mine too and in my heart

............in our hearts is Mt. Zion..................

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/8/2005 11:37:25 AM

My home is where I am, my home is within myself. Agreed. I dont have so much a attachment to a place as to values and freedom

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/8/2005 12:26:23 PM

I would much rather quote, poet, Joe Ruglass, when he used Jamaica metaphorically.

Jamaica is a islan',
but is not I land'

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 2/8/2005 4:12:00 PM

"When they, mostly Japhet, left their place there NEVER happened anything good." (quote: NyahAnbassa)

but you can not just say "where japhet go, bad things happen there".
what is this ?
first, this ain't right; and second, it is a prejudice.
japhet with good intention comes to make good things. and japhet with bad intention comes to do bad things. but not EVERY japhet comes to do bad things. or do you come to do bad things, because you're japhet ? don't think so.

- - - - - -

if the promised land is in africa, why shouldn't also so called "white" people have the right to live in their promised land ?
for InI (japhet) land isn't where the so called "black" man came from, but where the nation of Israel came from and are told to go by the Lord Himself.

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 2/8/2005 7:30:10 PM

InI agree with Bredda Alex's last post.

I was confused by this earlier post, part of which read:

"White man has no right to repatriate to africa, this is a big misunderstanding among some white Rases.
Repatriation means for all to return where they belong to, Europe for the Europeans, Africa for the Africans, Asia for the Asians etc... and Mt Zion for the Israelites. Ethiopia is Zion I and Israelites come in this Iwah from all colours, the bible says.
So I n I trod ah mt Zion no matter what colour... but we shouldn't do it under the banner of Repatriation... but under the banner of Israelites!"

What does the I mean by this? If we are ALL I-dren of Jah -and I-dren of Africa (since before the continental divide, all the continents were one, Africa being the first, the foremost)...should not all Rasta people be able to go to Zion, the promised land of Ethiopia?
Please elaborate and explain.

InI and my queen would like to live there, someday. InI want to be able to contribute to building / re-building of Shashmane in whatever capacity we can.
We are light-skinned Rastas, I guess what ones would refer to as "white" but not really (she's part Native American, I'm 1/2 Colombian)....Where does this leave all Rasta people who may want to go there, who are of mixed Ethnicities and nationalities?
One Love
Jah Bless
Joseph

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/8/2005 8:57:10 PM

Thank thee I's for supporting I Ideals. I think Ithiopia is foremost Zion, the promised land. We should all be able to populate it, for there are problems like how much land is actually provided for the repatraition of the Africans of the West. That problem being after the re-establishment of the Crown of Solomon in Ithiopia not all the land was given back to the RastafarI's. Also problems with citizenship that have been, being reported. All these things can be fixed if we stay strong and raise Ithiopia to be the Kingdom of God, once again Zion.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I