Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5848&start_row=1

Nudity

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/5/2014 6:13:21 AM

Greetings ones n ones. Whats yo views in as far as nudity is concerned? I man ask becah when I sight ina Africa nudity was not a big issue in de past yet today most Rastas tend to frown pon wombman wearin short dresses or semi naked! When I man sight ina ancient iwa man n wombman would sometimes just walk around nude or semi nude without anyone makin a big deal of anything. In rural areas today ina Africa it is a comon sight when u cross some rivers to see man or wombman bathing nude in public.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/5/2014 7:03:42 AM

Iman think purpose for doing so and perception!

In a village in Africa or other places removed from much of western thought and thinking and where people have being going about in those ways for generations it's just normal life and not sexual. Tho some who would go about in revealing clothing may not do for sexuality and just comfort or something but how are they perceived and what type of unwanted attention might they attract to themselves with all the perverts and rapist and others just lookin to use and abuse the Sistren.

I think ones with a certain consciousness have more respect for sisters who go about in certain ways and less ones who go about in other ways, and with certain upbringings and conditionings more revealing is viewed negatively because of it's association wit whoredom. When one looks on the Queen Omega and the many others in their majesty one sees not skimpy wear but majestic gowns and dresses and the like so bredren may see this as more queen like and the way conscious Sistren should go about.

Just I Inlook, Bless'It UP!!!!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 10/5/2014 2:01:36 PM

Bless my Lord. Giv thnks fe de word sound. One Black Love.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I