Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5825&start_row=1

In the search of God...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 9/21/2014 8:26:23 AM

Greetings.
This is my first post, so let I introduce Iself ;). I'm Tom from Poland, 24 yrs old. At the beginning of 2012 I've returned to Roman Catholic Church, which I've abandoned not long after my First Communion. Everything seemed to be ok. I was trying to go to the confession and communion every month, to be aware of my sins and fight them, and so on. I believe in the Almighty God (or Jahveh, or Yehovah, or Yah, or Allah, or Krishna, or whatever one wants to call Him), who's the source of true and endless love, truth, and everything that's good. I understand Jesus Christ's words: "Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." and I think it's the basic principle of life, regardless of one's religion.
On the other hand, I don't consider my religion as the only one which is true.
Sadly, my spiritual life has started to fall apart recently :<. As time passed by, I've started to notice more and more hypocrisy in the Church. A lot of people go there and pray just to show off, and as soon as they cross the exit door they start to behave "normal" (and this behavior is often veeeeery far from what the Lord teaches us).
On the top of that, I've got some problems in my life, mostly with poverty and loneliness, and I don't know how to ask the Lord to help I with them.
It makes I really depressed. I don't want to forsake the God, but I have a hard time attending the Mass or even praying.
I was fascinated with the Rastafari movement for quite a few years (it all started with reggae music and the great Bob Marley :P). Though I don't agree completely with all the principles, I love the positive energy that emanates from Rastas ;). That's why I write to you on this forum. I'd love to hear your thoughts about I's situation and, if possible, some advice on what to do.
One Love
Tom

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/21/2014 8:30:18 AM

Haile I

What RastafarI principles you don't agree with as a RC? The way we put fire under Vatican and the Pope? The way we put another Fire under Religion? Or the way some of we extend that Fire to Jesus and the Bible? I'm interested.... What about when 'Jesus' say to love your enemies and turn the other cheek? You agree with that???

But this website is full of Idrin whom I'm sure can and wll help you through your troubles. They just not as quick on the POST as I, Lol.

Bless + stay tuned / watch dis space

(Poverty is the biggest crime in this time)

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 9/21/2014 9:05:46 AM

Putting fire under Vatican and the Pope? Well, the RC Church is an institution led by the people (with Pope and bishops among them), not by the Almighty Himself. I don't blame anyone for not agreeing with them (to be honest, I also don't like a lot of things they do and say).
My biggest problem is considering H.I.M. an incarnation of God. He was a very wise man and His words are very inspiring to I. But for I He had too much "human" attributes for considering Him a divine being. Maybe it's because I can't find a reliable source about His life and what He really was like.
Loving your enemies is one of the hardest things a man can do, but this is what the Endless Love is about. Love someone regardless of his feelings towards you. Just like the Lord loves us, even when we purposely do wrong things and don't believe in Him.
Turning the other cheek? For I, it means that it's senseless to respond with a violence (or another evil deed) to another violence (or evil deeds). It will create an endless chain of evil. But if you respond with love, you'll break that chain. Again, it's not the easiest thing to do, but it's possible.
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/21/2014 9:17:17 AM

Interesting. WHat if I told you the true and original nature of Christ was that of a Warrior....a Revolutionary. And ther was 100% never anybody of antiquity named JESUS. Had Haile Selassie I turned his cheek to the invading parties of ROME, as blessed and funded by the current POPE at the time..Ethiopia would no longer be unconquered. It's a shame the Israelites didn't have the none violent passive attitude the RC church promote to we in this time, when they entered Canaan and slaughtered / raped all those indigenous African peoples. If the I can at LEAST tolerate dem kind of discussion deh........ The I should sight I thread 'Burn JC and the Bible' if you dare.... Lol nah I mean for an objective critique of some of the teachings ad interpretations from dem 66 books.

Who to betrust & love? If you cannot be trust you cannot be loved.
Haile I tell I to Fight for Freedom. Fight for Human rights and justice

There will be no peace before Justice

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/21/2014 9:28:14 AM

But don't let I take the thread away from it's original intention. Peace

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/21/2014 9:36:55 AM

One can't be alone if JAH is by their side.

Rastafari seemed to be alone when he pleaded for help against the fascist/ communist wickedness HIM was facing but JAH and unseen help was by HIM side.
BLESS THE QUEEN AND QUEEN who gave all their heart to prayer and works of Righteousness , who can find such unity with both mankind and JAH at the same time. t is the Conquering Lion who breaks every chain and leads all up to Mt. Zion.

Your problems are petty compared to what a true kind faces and overcomes, when we face great things and overcome them and move mountains then these little problems become crumbs on the floor to be swept up

I sight the life of the Conquering Lion of Judah , who has the Hola Spirit has Divinity! Bless INI oh JAH RASTAFARI AND FILL INI WITH THY LIGHT AND SPIRIT
I sight one who faces a struggle and takes up others on HIM shoulders fighting their fight also against the wicked downpressors, woe to the downpressors they eat the bread of sorrow, courage comes from the heart , spiritual battles are the battlefront , seek first JAH and the KINGDOM and all else will follow....

Christ came to bring heaven Kingdom to Earth, SIGHT UP Rastafari King Selassie Queen Menen words and works for JAHS KINGDOM ON EARTH

LEARN AND LIVE UP
OVER COME ALL DEMON AND DOWNPRESSORS
HEALTH IS WEALTH

JAH RASTAFARI
HAILE SELASSSIE I

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 9/21/2014 9:47:32 AM

Of course I can tolerate this kind of discussion (that's why I'm here), but I don't have all the answers :<. I rather seek for them. It's obvious that a lot of Catholics (with the Church authorities included) have nothing to do with Christ's teachings. But I still believe in God who's the Love, the Truth and the Life and I want to get closer to Him and understand Him better.

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 9/21/2014 9:59:52 AM

Jessep86, thanks ;). I realize that there's a lot of people who are in a whole lot worse situation than I. But I had a need to share my problems with you guys and read your thoughts about it.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/21/2014 10:10:42 AM

Be more specific and InI can give more specific answers

Some times.we over exagdrate things, one can be alone but not lonely

Wisdom is worth more then silver and gold

Bob Marley , when.asked if he is rich said, something like " what's that mean? I LIVE RICHLY"

STAY in tune,/ here / nature
all places of good positivity vibratingop
Every action has a reaction upon your situation

Communicate and unite with right people,
Butt better to be alone then have wickedness as company.
Bless. Have a rich livity.

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 9/21/2014 10:37:07 AM

I'm not completely alone, but sometimes I need someone to share my passions (music and photography <3) or just have a small talk eye to eye. I also didn't find a woman yet ;). I seem to be not "connected" (I can't find a better word) with people around me. Like there's no one "compatible" with me. I always preferred quality over quantity, but the way things are now, I don't have even one real friend.
As for the money, I don't need expensive toys or any extravagant expenses. But when I don't have enough funds to start and support a family, I start to worry about my future (the situation in Poland doesn't seem to get better, rather the opposite).
I also have doubts about my religion. I don't want to abandon the Church again, but sometimes I'm fed up with it :<.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I