Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=581&start_row=11

The Pope

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/7/2005 10:32:00 PM

Going to a Christian site? Well that way you only get one site of the story. Seems to be too subjective for me. Yes we shall do what we see fit, but the only thing that is fit is righteousness! I am confident in the victory of good over evil!

I do not believe that the pope has some power from above, or at least not any more power than any individual may have. Religion in my view was created to help people that have trouble with making the right choices. Basically, you give up the free choice and follow the religion. Religion is for the weak, and the church knows it and in instances takes advantage. We all have an inner voice and if we listen to it we will know the right choice, no need to give up that freedom of choice to any religion.

Myself, I only accept the word of God (besides the point that I too have trouble making some choices because of the great temptations of Babylon and how they have manifested in my life since I was young. So we all have some weakness when it comes to certain situations but the fundamental choices should not be hard to make: love one another!

Blessings
Bergy

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/7/2005 10:46:34 PM

Religion is a shitstem of rituals created for those who have mutated into a lifeform that is cut off from the nature of his/her spiritual self

RSK

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/7/2005 11:08:47 PM

What is the word of God bredren? It's certainly not the bible. The bible is a collection of metaphors, but it is not the infalable word of god.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/8/2005 9:32:52 AM

"Yes we shall do what we see fit, but the only thing that is fit is righteousness! I am confident in the victory of good over evil!
I do not believe that the pope has some power from above, or at least not any more power than any individual may have."

So if the only thing that is fit is righteousness, then you should see that the power of the Pope is fit, because it is created. And if you are confident in the victory of good over evil then you should see that the power of the Pope and his tradition is actually the victory of good over evil - creative principle of Jah rastafari.
I agree that the Pope has the power of any man, and also he has a special place just like every man has a special place. The special power of the Pope has to do with his office as Pope, which gives him great authority. Good over evil.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/8/2005 9:38:30 AM

I think you are saying again that everything that is greated is righteous. In my belief that is nonsense. Yes the power he does have is power by the people but it is earthly power not in that sense power from above.

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/8/2005 9:52:56 AM

Enough. I brought the message and I'm done. There's nothing I can do to make anyone see it other than speak in clear words. And I have done that.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/8/2005 10:25:59 AM

"take JAH Sun, and JAH Moon
And JAH Rain and JAH Stars
And forever, yes erase your fantasy
Destruction of the Poor is in their poverty
Destruction of the soul is vanity, yea"

let one aman trune night to day or day to night then i will say he has power of god, kill million's of people in the name of a chruch then i will call you the antichrist.

rastafari

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/8/2005 10:28:38 AM

the catholic church has done both

time is not counted from daylight, but from midnight

remember the bloody crusades and the christian's justification for the Afrikan haulocost

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/8/2005 10:32:59 AM

yes

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/8/2005 11:23:54 AM

Grand Inquisitor

Has anyone read this short story?

Any comments would br greatly appreciated.

I think some of it fits nicely within this post.

Let JAH LOVE REIGN

Bergy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I