Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5803&start_row=31

RASTAFARI have to go beyond the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 12/1/2015 4:59:10 AM

so

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 12/1/2015 5:00:48 AM

the bible is the story of my people
israelites

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 12/1/2015 5:00:50 AM

what are you implying

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 5:27:02 AM

mythology about israel more than the history of Israel. The difference is important

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 5:28:29 AM

People taking mythology for history

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 5:29:25 AM

"We can not continue to close out other information that is not in line with the bible. The bible is just one set of peoples’ understanding of human behavior and personality. The events recorded in the bible are on the periphery of afrikan knowledge. Stories recorded in the bible have their genesis in other indigenous people’s folk tales. What we are taking as history is other people’s mythology.

In Ethiopia, whether by design or accident, the Church has not gone beyond the story of Solomon and Sheba to justify Ethiopia’s presence in history. We can clearly see that there was a deliberate attempt to erase the feminine representation of Ethiopia’s personality and this resulted in a rise in a system of patriarchy that was very alien to afrikan culture. One would conclude that Ethiopia’s religious beginning starts with the union of Makeda and Solomon, but the only information received about Makeda is that she worshiped the sun and that she conceived for Solomon. The significance of the Queen of Sheba’s visit to Solomon is very important in validating Ethiopia’s link with a Jewish heritage because this is used to substantiate Ethiopia’s true monarchy and lso the Godhead linkage."

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 12/1/2015 5:51:20 AM

you are contradicting yourself
you call israelites (jews; hebrews) a myth and come again supporting marriage of solomon and makeda as link between jews and ethiopia

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 12/1/2015 5:53:08 AM

you are against ras tafari
ras tafari said the word (bible; christ) is one and TRUE
you say it is false
fire burn antichrist

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 8:18:05 AM

He never said that. But we are told to believe one of his speeches translates so

Myths can be true. As long as u over stand the truth is in a myth and not historical fact. This concept seems difficult for de I to grasp

And even if it was all factual and literal. Why de I dem so focus on the Solomonic part of His Majesty/Ethiopian lineage and not really too too much focus other than to curse and burn the culture and history of Makeda side.... With their sun worship and axumite kushite experience

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/1/2015 8:41:50 AM

The study of the Sun is also key to Solomonic traditions. Queen of Sheba, visited the symbolic King Solomon, it was for the purpose of proving him with hard planetary questions and thus learning the depth of his astronomical and his astrological knowledge, which, thanks to the planetary worship of the Jews, she found equal to her own.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I