Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5803&start_row=11

RASTAFARI have to go beyond the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/22/2014 12:08:59 PM

Nick-27: Just to mention a few there's ISIAH 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

and also the Revelation of St.John the Divine 5:5 & 19:16

" And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."

"And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Give thAnkh's & Praise for Life!
Haile I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafari !!

Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 10/25/2014 12:32:30 AM

Thank the I! Iyah have read ISIAH 9:6 but it always helps to idecuate iself more about the true King or Kings! Thanks and praise to JAH!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/25/2014 7:19:18 AM

The Isaiah 9:6 verse is actually NOT prophecy, and is referring King Hezekiah!

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 10/25/2014 9:38:55 AM

^Really?
Was Hezekiah called Iverliving father,Prince of peace and Mighty God?

RasTafarI come to mind..

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/25/2014 9:51:03 AM

Maybe not but that jus another biblical fallacy, but the it went meant that the one would actually be called those titles or phrases but that he would represent the power of the Iverliging father or the prince of peace would manifest its power throught dis one.

If d I read into d script it's of present deffinate tense NOT future tense so not a prophecy of someone to come but one who was there then in dem time deh.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 10/25/2014 11:17:23 AM

I see king.

I think sometimes a prophecy can also be written in the present tense as what the people shall say when the child shall be born.
The reason why many say this is a prophecy about Selassie I is becoz HIM is seen as the prince of peace,wonderful counseller,Mighty God,Iverliving father by many Rasta people.
But I don't see this prophecy as playing any major role.Even if the scripture wouldn't be about Selassie I it wouldn't change who JAH is to InI and what HE do for the world.

Give thanks

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/25/2014 1:06:21 PM

True King, a reason fa mi post dat say InI don't need to make bible verse validate HIM, HIM validate HIMself!

Just like they use verses wha ain bout Jesus to prove him so some do wit HIM but InI don't need to!

One thing when looking at statements or prophecies in bible one must look at the context and situation for the statement!

Bless!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/25/2014 2:04:44 PM

Prophesy and history is repeating its self. Over and iver and iver.
As soloman said there is nothing new under the sun.....

Until Rastafari come to break the cycle of evil.
History books are history but let us learn the lessions unless they repeat them selves and we have to learn the hard way for things that our incestors were warned about by prophecy in their times

These ARE like the days of Noah.

Ark I: why the name ark, when/where did the I receive the name and its meaning to I ? , an arc is a mysticle thing, both noahs and the ark of the covenant, but what does your name point to?..... arc means chest

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 10/28/2014 1:54:34 PM

The Bible has never been a limiting factor, IGNORANCE is.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/28/2014 2:21:26 PM

H.I.M Emperor Haile Selassie I and Wayzaro Menen I are our true parents from Iration,they manifest th Ancestral Irit of Our first parents in Ethiopia,the Supreme Being,Man and Woman

Now to reach to di Supreme being they call God in Rome,I got to trace I lineage,from I father to his father and his father's father and so on,I must reach to di Supreme Being(Mwari in I Shona language)the Greatest grandfather(Musikavanhu).

Iman can trace I Ancestors from where I am today up to Ithiopia to di same lineage of H.I.M Haile I Selassie I.
Meaning all Afrikan Istory,Dynasties,Lineages,intertwine up to di Supreme Being who has revealed to be H.I.M King Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen I.

So how does di bible come in now???how and where does jesus fit here???

I dont know how whiteman trace him lineage to H.I.M,since di jesus got no lineage

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I