Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5801&start_row=31

Rasta movement, Reggae highjacked?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 8/27/2014 11:57:52 AM

"Bob - lightskinned / half white. Peace and ONE love
Peter - darkskinned. No peace before JUSTICE."

Is the I sure about that statement brethren?

I have no doubt that Babylon tries to portay Bob as only those things.
But Bob's music is not just about those things.
For example listen to the song Revolution,Zimbabwe,crazy baldheads and many more..

Just becoz he had a one love and peace side doesn't mean he was all only about that,right..Peter also has songs that are less rough and tough and more mellow but it can't be said Peter's music is only that way right.

His majesty also has peace and one love in HIM teachings.But ones can't say that HE is just about those things.
And doesn't Babylon fight against peace and love?
Peace and love is also part of the I-ritual revolution against the downpressive heartless forces.

VoodooRuutz,I agree that racism is present everywhere in babylon among individuals who run the show.
But in I opinion,to say that the whole reggae industry is racist and all the artist with light skin came up becoz of their skin color and not talent is a bit far fetched.

Bless up

Messenger: Sister Sent: 8/27/2014 4:31:11 PM

Just a bit about the Ras Dogg, Im not a follower of the state of things too much but doesnt it tarnish the integrity of Rasta to promote non-rasta ideololgy alongside promoting rasta appearing sensibility? He might have come a bit more humble if he had just spent time with Ras in Jamaica and seen himself clearer, but with a bit more originality and integrity. Thats what people feel friction about, the sense it doesnt make. Rasta originates in the Caribbean, ras Dogg represents the US, the two have plenty to correspond on, and who says who can and cant go dread, but why mock those who gave him the inspiration by re-creating himself as Bob reincarnate?

If you feel the lack of integrity in an artist he probably identifies with a part of babylon, whether purposely or not.

Jah bless.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 8/27/2014 6:17:57 PM

"..but doesnt it tarnish the integrity of Rasta to promote non-rasta ideololgy alongside promoting rasta appearing sensibility?"

^Very well said Sistren.
Fyah blazin'.

Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/27/2014 7:42:41 PM

Artist are hueman like I and I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/30/2014 7:44:50 AM

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 8/30/2014 2:35:37 PM

Heavy Heavy chune GARVEYS AFRIKA... Big up!

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 9/1/2014 1:08:07 PM

"YUH REALLY THINK IT IS EASY BEING AN ARTISTE..???"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/1/2014 1:17:10 PM

Big Up Queen Omega. Yeah. Big up Ifrika same way but Laaaarge up Queen Omega 100%.

I-man just want to end I contribution to this thread by restating, Anthony Blair (Anthony B) is no illuminati babylon. Anthony B a real Ras. End of

Selassie I know

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 9/1/2014 4:03:31 PM

^Yes indeed.
Love Anthony B.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I