Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5762&start_row=11

The Great Emporer Tewodros II

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/2/2014 4:51:11 AM

Well remember you can braid dreadlocks no problem. And many africans especially those of mixed ancestry will have bigger kinks in their hair which could resemble curls

Infact, how many times I natty (whixh is clearly locks) gets mistaken by people who no know better as twist curl or braid!!

African hair grows in a certain way it isnt straight straight in curls like the idem suggest. Unless he isnt African

The first picture you put up in your last post especially. .... if not dreadlocks then plaitts. The locks are too thick to jus be curls. Still appears as a natty eveb if not a dread. Big up Tewodros!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/2/2014 7:15:44 AM

The paintings are said to b of accounts of European captives of the Emperor not of live portrait so he could a been natty supm prolly unfamiliar to d European captives also to I d painting seem to have Cesare Borgia Jesus influence to it, to I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/2/2014 7:16:58 AM

Looks like his death is still a matter of contention between arguing Oromo and Ahmaric factions

http://www.ethiotube.net/video/21861/SHOCKING-TRUTH-Ethiopia-Emperor-Tewodros-II-killed-by-Oromo-Queen-Workitu-of-Wollo

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/2/2014 7:18:10 AM

Yes I VDR........ Most Europeans I know really believe dread a twist or curl! So that make sense!!! Respect for the input.

It's a possibility and I can work with that lol.

FireBlaze

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 8/2/2014 7:21:03 AM

Seen but remember Natty dreadlocks = no braids, no twist curls, no anything but washing and some people prefer to seperate them. Natty is natural and knotty hair.

One thing Iman want to add: I sight that Tewodros II was a African but His hair is not so nappy or very curly or whatever I
I want to call it, as most west, south and central African People. He is not the only Ethiopian man who deal with that. However there are ethnicities in Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somalia that do have that typical african hair texture.

random woman with typical African textured hair

random Ethiopian boy with very curly hair

God HIMself

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 8/2/2014 7:32:14 AM

More Raspect !

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/2/2014 7:38:25 AM

Natty = kinky = all the above including HIM

In other words AFRO hair........ all the pics above show Afro hair, as did His Majesty. The first two pics you put up would both grow into dreadlocks if left alone.

The second pic you show - if those curly locks were to grow long they would resemble Tewodros no?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/2/2014 7:45:02 AM

Yeah I think could be a this type... a good reference point. If this person grows out dem hair naturally You wouldnt sight them as a dreadlocks? Iman would. Seems to have already started to knott up. Look alike a young Tewodros!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/2/2014 8:02:06 AM

I'm just not taking the possibility off of the table. Based on the fact that some black people have curly-kinky hair which will still knott like the brethren above. And on the possibility that it ISNT a portrait but drawn from description - If you have dread yourself you will know how people without dreads have a big misconception of what they are and quite commonly mistake them for curl or twist...... "How do you keep them in?" and all that LOL

Good to see the Incients allowing them crown and covenant to flow same way though don't it? A joy. and Strength, whether lock twiss or curl really

Bless up

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 8/2/2014 9:03:18 AM

Yes I seen give thanks brother.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I