Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5750&start_row=11

My issue with the term "White Supremacy"

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/22/2014 8:50:26 PM

BlackAfricanPower

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/22/2014 8:53:55 PM

Black Supremecy doesn't even imply my I tire race's complicity, there are certain ones and idea dat won't include in Black Supremecy.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/23/2014 9:31:52 AM

Actually it does, by the fact that it is called 'black' supremacy and not 'conscious African' or some other specific supremacy. Again... Just because you 'mean' a specific doesn't change the fact that you are using a generality. The conventions of language don't change just because you know you mean different.

I guess conscious people of European descent need to develop whole new terms for supremacy, pride, and power since nobody is willing to let them mean anything but wickedness if paired with the word white. The con of Babylon is apparently too strong. So it is.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/23/2014 10:15:27 AM

Black Supremacy is for Blacks (not other peoples), to counter White Supremacy what is pushed on everyone else. Black Empowerment is to empower blacks within their own settings not to overpower others unless they step inside of a black circle then of course try will b over powered by blacks. Whereas White supremacy pushed/pushes itself over others with out regard to those others. Maybe yourself and others of like mind don't wan do dat but the white supremacy we talk doesn't call itself as such it's known by its actions and if you wan move consciously with your people do it you don't need a title be known by your actions. Whites on a whole hasn't been down trodden like blacks so blacks need that name/title for upliftment since they have oppressed under that title so it's only natural to pressUP that very name of black as a collective.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/23/2014 3:53:50 PM

Pathwalker

You misoverstanding the language

Take an example

'Black men'

- does this mean all black people?
- does this mean all men?

NO

So why you assume white supremacy and white supremacists applies to all white people is beyond me

If your white and practice as a supremacist capitalist then yes you qualify as a white supremacist. How does this mean all white men?

I dont think its we that are gettin it wrong linguistically

And tbh white supremacy came about fairly recently. We used to jus call it 'white society' or 'the white man' !

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/23/2014 3:58:21 PM

Babylon = white supremacy

Why cant a conscious white man call himself a conscious white man? Why you wana call that supremacy? White supremacy will always be wickedness until balance has been restored

InI chant black ipremacy until then. But as we all pay taxes and internet bill etc we are all at least partly contributing to white supremacy! If you are white and in the west (no matter how conscious you are) you have at least partly benefited at some point from white supremacy

Fire

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/23/2014 6:43:15 PM

First just so I make clear, respect and love for the reasoning.

I am looking very hard for a rallying point to uplift my own people out of the unconscious stupor so many are in, and part of that involves taking the 'white' out of Babylon. To take the shame out of being white, because while my race has experienced nothing compared to the African we can learn something of how to avoid Babylon's traps from their experiences. The way Babylon tries to make you ashamed of who you are is a horrible wickedness I would not see visited on anyone. All this wickedness being labeled white contributes to that whether you realize it or not.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/23/2014 7:35:26 PM

Yes i, its a joy to reason

you think there is shame in being white?

Or better yet,

You think the global society of collective white rule feel ashamed of being white?

If white people create white and black. And commit crime based on white and black. The paradigm will remain until corrected and a balance has been restored. But the wickedness isnt in a colour. The wickedness is supporting the longstanding supremacist system controlled by the collective European ethnic groups; the fire is on white supremacy

The I nah identify as a conscious white man?

But in a way its more semantics from this tricky Babylon English language. We know who the ruling powers are and how they got there. We know wickedness and that which should be eradicated and that which should be exhaulted inna Selassie eyesight.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/23/2014 7:45:21 PM

The commonly known definition of white supremacy is what white supremacy is. The term derived from the wicked concepts of those that became known as white supremacists. That is the vibe it come with, so it is what it is.

Black Supremacy, at least when RasTafarI people say it, comes from a different place, and it comes for a Reason and a necessity.

Here is a Reasoning I made before,

---------------------
In Regards to Black Supremacy, I am in full support of that. What is wrong for black people to see themselves as High. Some white people, especially in North America may not say white supremacy, but they think that all should look at the white "civilized" nations as high, but why should a black person look to a white person for their own standard. In the centuries that north americans have oppressed people in this land and also throughout the world, they have tried to convince people that their standard is the high standard to reach.

And I would much rather hear a man speak Supremacy and deal with Peace and Love, than to see a man not speak Supremacy, but who oppresses, murders and poisons others and steals from them.

Black Supremacy is a movement to free black people from this illusion of looking to somebody else for their standard and instead to show them to look to themselves again. When that is done and the damage and illusion is removed, their will be no more need for Black Supremacy, because the proper balance will be set. The same goes for the First Nations of this land, and the others in the world that have lost sight of themselves because of oppression and propaganda.

Black Supremacy teaches Black people to never look at themselves as less than any other. If the oppression and slavery never happened, there would be no need for this because the brainwashing would not have changed people's eyes. When a black person or any other person looks at themselves as less, it will only be destructive to their Life and Happiness.

So if you pay attention to what I am saying, you will see that Black Supremacy is about ceasing from degrading yourself, and instead uplifting yourself. It is more than Black Supremacy, it is about upliftment and confidence. The reason it must come in the form of Black Supremacy is because others have been pushing the concept of Black inferiority for a long time and some black people still feel these effects. And for a black person, Black inferiority is translated into self inferiority. So in order to rise theirself in the atmosphere that has been set by others, Black people must rise up in their Blackness because it is their Blackness that has been fought against and the thought of their Blackness altered through the propaganda of the oppressors. Their Blackness has been altered to be seen as something negative, but a black man and woman should see their blackness as positive.
---------------------

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/23/2014 9:55:30 PM

Blessed Ark I!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I