Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=575&start_row=51

Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 7/25/2008 9:39:17 AM

tru Sis Ten, tru....someting to learn from every experience! seen.
Jah Bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/25/2008 5:45:02 PM

Blessed Love
Yes he does say roti to a Rasta but I thought of that as more of another word for flatbreads n things because they're called rotis by Indians n other Africans too...But yes I that is the funniest song on the album, I also like Amerikkka, Sly Fox(this track reminds me of Dead Prez Propaganda), Slave Master & Black President too...this is what hip hop is abt, telling the truth to the pple.
Jah Bless

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/27/2008 6:17:22 PM

"Sly Fox(this track reminds me of Dead Prez Propaganda),"

no wonder, it was produced by stic from Dead Prez
you have good ears for music sistren

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/31/2008 1:06:20 PM

Bless up I,
Its not I good ears, but I have the track Propaganda on I phone so when I heard Sly Fox I thought it sounded so much like it...Irieness

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 8/1/2008 2:25:41 PM

Bless up...

Messenger: righteous not criminal Sent: 3/8/2012 2:28:57 PM

I have read the orignal post, and have to agree to some extent with the original authors meaning.

The Governments that are run by extreme capitalist Wealth Supremacists do often conspire to destroy any counter culture that threatens their hold on their Babylonian slaves.

I do not think that it is necessarily a race thing. I think it is more of a materialist vs spiritualist/egalitarian vs exploititarian.

Such Propaganda has been used by the EVIL to destroy and demonize the righteous.
You only need to read the Bible to know that its not a knew phenomena. Many of the main righteous heros in the Bible had to face persecution, slander, bullying from liars, thieves, perverts and wealth supremacists. Not to mention exploiters of Jah Law.

Almost all the heros in the old testament and new testament went through hell, because of greedy, powerful, liars.

As for the Gangster culture based on the US rap scene. To some extent you can understand why some people end up turning into gangsters, when you see the injustice in a society that is structured in such a way that enslaves and closes all doors for some crowns others and open all doors for them.

I understand why some would give up on their spiritual foundations and break the worldly and Holy law so they can capitalise out of the world in the same way that the oppressors also do.

Still, it does not make them right and such people will never be righteous as they do not keep JAH LAW!

Even if those Gangsters have loads of money, are born in Jamaica, Ethiopia or another country within Africa.
Wear Rasta colours. Have the longest Dread locks.
Smoke and deal more herb than everyone.
Has the best overstanding of the Bible.
All is worthless unless you keep Jah Law!

Rasta can never be Gansta and Gangsta can never be Rasta.
A man can NOT HAVE TWO GODS!
RASTA CAN NOT KEEP CRIMINAL LAW AND JAH LAW!
No Matter how much HERB or MONEY is involved!!!

Messenger: Icey legit Sent: 4/8/2012 12:44:18 PM

As you say Ras cannot be "gangster" but InI believe gangsters can be Ras" as long as you accept Jah in your Hearts then we are all Tafari, but walking the footsteps to Righteousness is another thing! Once ur a gangster" " and classify urself as Ras and you still deal with Ganja then You would be consider'd as an Herb's-man doing Jah's bidding as to giving life(tree of life) to the people, but u will have to have a good moral ground to lead in righteousness and make positivity look cool to the people who are ignorant to Life, instead of thinking of just "money/Cars/and Bitches" besically InI feel you can be RastafarI and be a hiphop artest, but u just cant be portraying Nonsense~ Just my opinion

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/8/2014 2:42:00 PM

Ark I,the I said:Gangsta rappers need to stop rapping about the things they rap about and start teach the yuts about JAH.I fully agree with the I,coz all the rappers rap about in these days is filthiness,materialism and crime.I do know a few (gangsta) rappers that rap about the african american situation and about spirituality and JAH.Maybe you already heard about them. (Killah Priest): Killah Priest-From then till now~~ (Illuminati Congo) : Illuminati Congo and Lutan Fyah-Only love~~ BLESSED LOVE.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/8/2014 4:25:17 PM

Gangsta rappers are not the problem. Social commentary is social commentary. If the PEOPLE were dealing with Jah then the music would follow. Check VI for example. There is actually an increased level of consciousness in the States at the moment so I'm sure the music will soon follow suit.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/8/2014 4:43:07 PM

GA.But don't you think that alot of these gangsta rappers today have a bad influence on the yuts.Rappers like Lil Wayne for example demonstrate disrespect to women,immorality,corruption and foolishness.And the yuts automatically want to copy the rotten and foolish style and mess up their lifes by doing so.Also people get the wrong image of Rasta becoz of people like Wayne with his dreadlocks an so... (check the lyrics of his song A MILLI for example )

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I