Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5748&start_row=11

Seed of the father

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/21/2014 4:17:43 PM

Fasho everybody need a voice but another way of dividing and dismantling the movements of d oppressed at that time. At dat time families tie were a lot stronger than now so kids had a voice from d family unit and women had there voice as there were many involved like our beloved Queen Assata Shakur!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/21/2014 4:19:35 PM

Sis, Do males dominate? Or does white supremacy dominate?

Exactly VDR!!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/21/2014 4:25:57 PM

Sis you said "you could say that males drive evolution in that their chromosomes are exposed to environmental factors by being kept outside of the body and replaced frequently."

You would have to show that this difference in anatomy accounts for more dna mutations than diet, climate, and by chance.... ive not heard of that before but its an interesting view!!

And as far as I overstand the Y chromosome links your paternal history in the same way your mitochondria links your maternal
. Seen? ? but the difference is a male OR female can trace their maternal lineage this way. Whereas you as a female would not be able to trace your paternal. :-/ only males can

Bless up for the response sistren!!

Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/22/2014 1:23:16 AM

I understood what you meant by distraction, Im not here to represent Feminism but my comment was a general one and a balance to yours. I know this thread isnt about gender divide.

" Although black women encountered sexism within organizations prior to 1966, the sexism was not as blatant and combative as it was during the Black Power Movement. Before 1966, the anti-hierarchical and consensus-based infrastructure of organizations like the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) provided more access for female leadership. However, organizations such as the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense initially had an all-male military-like hierarchal structure in which commands were executed from the top down, not as conducive to female involvement. Instead, black women's involvement was often delegated to membership status vs. formal leadership. Female Panthers were active in the defense brigades, receiving orders from male organization superiors. The shift from nonviolence to armed self-defense also led to the open expression of anti-female sentiment in which black women, especially those in leadership positions, were accused of emasculating black men. In order for black men to reassert their manhood in U.S. society, some men in Black Power organizations felt that black women had to be dominated by and subservient to black men for black liberation to occur."

"Since they have been in the United States, black women have continually resisted the oppression present in their everyday lives. The legacy of social activism practiced by women in the Civil Rights Movement was a continuation of the anti-racist struggle that began during American slavery. During that period, black women were placed in an extraordinary position. Although they were biologically women, the institution of slavery masculinized black women, who had the responsibility of performing field labor, working in slavemasters' homes, and breeding slaves (Staples, 1973). Their biological womanhood did not prevent their exposure to and/or experience of the same physical violence inflicted upon male slaves. She had no power over her body, as it was vulnerable to the sexual desires of the master, overseer, or male slave; she was utterly defenseless (Staples, 1973)."

"The racial and gender oppression black women experienced under slavery created within them a psyche of resistance against societal forces that sought to destroy them. As women, they were subject to male-imposed physical and sexual abuse, and as enslaved blacks, they were subjected to the strenuous physical work that enriched their slavemasters in a capitalist system. Their position in the social order made them aware of their oppression, and black women, as mothers, passed this awareness on to their children, preparing them for a world, which would discriminate against them on the basis of their skin color.

The legacy of oppression as well as the resistance of black women continued throughout slavery, after slavery and well into the twentieth century. Black women became involved in the Women's Suffrage Movement, opened schools to educate black children, and sought to empower the black community, which still experienced significant discrimination. When the 1940s and 1950s arrived, black women were still challenging the racist and sexist system in the United States, taking part in activism that would later be considered the start of the Civil Rights Movement. According to Locke:

During the Civil Rights Movement, Black Women became the key element in the organization and mobilization of the black community around the struggle. Many of them were thrust into the limelight because of their articulation of the concerns of blacks, women, and the poor (1990, p. 28). "

http://cds.library.brown.edu/projects/FreedomNow/tiffany_joseph_thesis.html

I still say anything anti-feminist is more of a distraction to the cause than feminism is and to compare it to pro-masculinism (?) is far from the point. Off to look after my son and search a man that is still fighting and not distracted by guns, cars, his ego or anti-feminist women ; )

More love.
Jah bless.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/22/2014 4:12:10 PM

Assata Shakur......

I very much question the source of the above information (the first paragraph mainly). I refute the idea that women were not involved in HIGH operations within the Panther group. The story of Assata and what lengths MEN went to to secure her freedom speaks for itself.....

There are many many sources on how Feminism was a weapon from white supremacy to 1) Subdue the Black Revolution struggle and 2) Promote separation of man from wombman.

Burn Womanism Burn Manism

ManandWombmanISM strictly!! But I apprecilove your viewpoint even if we a loggerheads on this one. BLess Up.

Dr. Umar Johnson

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/22/2014 4:20:36 PM

I hope we overstand that there is NO 'seed of the father' only a seed of the mother. And that genealogical lineage is EQUALLY shared between man and wombman. IF anything, slightly more on the female side due to the dominance of mitochondria.

BALANCE!!!!!!!

Na sell out Mummy for Daddy or Daddy for Mummy, seen?

"First, the "seed" is passed through the father."

^2014 TIME THESE KIND OF DOCTRINES, DIE

http://www.bibletruthonline.com/thegeneologyofjesus.htm (Note the BIBLE source maybe you were right VDR!!)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/23/2014 1:52:47 AM

Maat
ANKH

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/23/2014 4:05:54 PM

EXACTLY what it is Jah Child. I dont know why we stray

Messenger: Ras Yohannes Sent: 8/15/2014 8:46:53 AM

Also the book tells us so from the beginning:

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and HER SEED"(Genesis 3,15)

to the end:

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of HER SEED"(Revelation 12,17)

The father has the pollen.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/15/2014 8:58:39 AM

Yes I!!

It just a shame the bible couldn't be more consistent in that ideology. .....

"From all the genealogies in the Hebrew Scriptures, two observations become apparent. With very rare exceptions, only the male line is traced and only men's names appear. The descendancy of women is not given and their names are only mentioned in passing. Since biblically it was the father who determined both national and tribal identity, it was reasoned that only his line was necessary."

- this isn't maat. Full honor and adoration. ..... bigup ALL of I maternal ancestry right back to mt-Eve. Menen I Makeda I Candace I know

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I