Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5748&start_row=1

Seed of the father

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/20/2014 3:58:00 PM

Many people claim the seed of man comes from the father. Some even claim that when talking about genealogy only the male line should be acknowledged....

Have any of the I dem encountered or follow this kind of reasoning?

I wonder where this came from? Or if it is the basis of a Patriarchal system.

Anyone who observes nature will sight the seed is not what the man carries /sperm. A seed is the embryo surrounded by nutrients which occurs after conception / pollination. The seed is formed inside the mother, and its nutrient supply all maternal.
Yes the man is the only provider of the y chromosome (or only actually a tiny part of it) in men but the mother is responsible for the mitochondrial dna, and the other 20 chromosome pairs are a balance.

Balance between man and wombman is important. The wombman is at least, equal to the male influence in genetic lineage. I would even say the original man of creation probably a wombman, no?

Man don't carry seed...

This isnt Feminism. Fire on that distraction of a movement. This is just looking for truth outside the reality given onto we.

Haile Selassie I Empress Menen high

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/20/2014 4:07:46 PM

Herbalists:

The fem or the male plant. Which one carries the seed?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/20/2014 4:46:17 PM

Iman mother spit me out, I almost a spittin image of she!

I dese time ya dat reasoning is mainly tru biblical thinking, na weh it come from before that????

I think in Akan (Ashanti, Fanti & so on) of Ghana WAfrica lineage is thru d mother and d child wholly belongs to her if parents separate d fathers has no rights over the child.
I blee the original lineage concept was matriarchal, you kno da Devine mother, Womb of creation but who really knows?

A balance indeed!!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/21/2014 12:49:51 AM

One advantage to tracing lineage through the Y chromosome is that it will always be the same Y chromosome from father to son throughout all generations. If a child is born it will get either the first or second X chromosome from the mother. If the child is a girl, she will get one X chromosome from the mother and one from the father, and then the girl may pass one or the other to each of her children, and if one of the X chromosomes don't get passed on to her children, then that X chromosome ends with her if she doesn't have another sibling that passes on that same X chromosome to one of their children. If the child (A) is a boy he will get either the first or second X chromosome from the mother as mentioned above, and the Y chromosome from the father. If the boy (A) had a girl, he will pass on his one X chromosome to the girl, and she may pass her father's (A) or her mother's X chromosome to her children. If the boy (A) had a son, he will pass on his one Y chromosome to the son, and the son will pass his mother's X chromosome to his daughters, and his father's (A) Y chromosome to his son. So from a genetic standpoint, tracing the Y chromosome will be a continuous line from the present to the beginning of the human.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/21/2014 5:30:41 AM

Right, but equally the mtDNA will always be the same from the mother to the son OR daughter, from generation to generation.

- This is why i stressed the balance but it seems as though forever, the focus has been on male inheritance only.

- And even in pre-bibilical times, throughout the Patriarchal systems of history it seems to be the same. I think the confusions is the assumption that seed=sperm, and all the mother is, is a vessel to carry that seed. False....

"In sexual reproduction, mitochondria are normally inherited exclusively from the mother; the mitochondria in mammalian sperm are usually destroyed by the egg cell after fertilization. Also, most mitochondria are present at the base of the sperm's tail, which is used for propelling the sperm cells; sometimes the tail is lost during fertilization. In 1999 it was reported that paternal sperm mitochondria (containing mtDNA) are marked with ubiquitin to select them for later destruction inside the embryo.[5] Some in vitro fertilization techniques, particularly injecting a sperm into an oocyte, may interfere with this.
The fact that mitochondrial DNA is maternally inherited enables genealogical researchers to trace maternal lineage far back in time. (Y-chromosomal DNA, paternally inherited, is used in an analogous way to trace the agnate lineage.) This is accomplished on human mitochondrial DNA by sequencing one or more of the hypervariable control regions (HVR1 or HVR2) of the mitochondrial DNA, as with a genealogical DNA test. HVR1 consists of about 440 base pairs. These 440 base pairs are then compared to the control regions of other individuals (either specific people or subjects in a database) to determine maternal lineage. Most often, the comparison is made to the revised Cambridge Reference Sequence. Vilà et al. have published studies tracing the matrilineal descent of domestic dogs to wolves.[6] The concept of the Mitochondrial Eve is based on the same type of analysis, attempting to discover the origin of humanity by tracking the lineage back in time."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_DNA

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/21/2014 9:32:14 AM

Seen, I didn't know about that.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/21/2014 10:06:27 AM

Over time understandings change, supm may b a 'fact' today and 'once believed' tomorrow like it was 'fact' that ALL males descended from one male ancestor thru DNA analysis then a Carolina male and several from Cameroon changed that into a once believed. I would say not to hold so much weight on scientific 'facts' of now as new 'facts' are always being uncovered or overcovered/coveredover.

Do say an African man, Eurpean man and a Papuan man carry d same Y chromosome???

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/21/2014 1:17:25 PM

Greetings

- - - - - - -

In human genetics, Y-chromosomal Adam (Y-MRCA) is a hypothetical name given to the most recent common ancestor (MRCA) from whom all currently living people are descended patrilineally (tracing back only along the paternal or male lines of their family tree). However, the title is not permanently fixed on a single individual (see below).

Y-chromosomal Adam is named after the biblical Adam,but the bearer of the chromosome was not the only human male alive during his time. [1] His other male contemporaries could also have descendants alive today, but not, by definition, solely through patrilineal descent.

- - - - - - -

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/21/2014 3:37:37 PM

I don’t know about fyah on feminism, Im not going to come at it from a feminist perspective because I don’t see the need but just to say that being a conscious woman kinda incorporates being consciously female and not just fi-male. As far as feminism being a movement I don’t think it has been since 1979, and a distraction, I don’t see it that way, just a voice for the needs and rights of women-and-children in a society where males dominate.

Apart from that distraction, how I see it is although mitochondrial DNA is the one we hear about most when tracing lineage, Y chromosome is mans link to his masculine past and therefore of importance to some for that reason, though the surname can give that away more easily than a DNA test. You could say that males drive evolution in that their chromosomes are exposed to environmental factors by being kept outside of the body and replaced frequently. A balance tho, in all things, mother nature requires.

Peace

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/21/2014 4:12:00 PM

Il explain why Feminism is a distraction. It has been systematically used to distract black wombman (its her I am dealing with) from the unified struggle of black people, to support the feminist view introduced strategically at the time of the civil rights movement. Homes have been divided over the difference in these two ideologies. Divide and rule, inside the actual home.

Feminism promotes the wombman being independent from the man....'you dont need a man' mentality. FIRE AND JUDGEMENT on that teaching. Wombman need man like man need wombman.

Feminism........ well could you imagine if there was a Masculine movement?

BALANCE!!!

The African consciousness promote man amd wombman as gods, equal in divine balance. Male dominance is a creation of white supremacy

Real feminism is standing with your king and fighting white supremacy together as one

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I