Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5739&start_row=11

Lucifer not satan?

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/12/2014 6:36:05 AM

It never meant satan and it's not really a name, dats trickery dey playin like dey do in so many other places. Lucifer is TWO WORDS in root, LUCIS and FERRE which is Latin for light bringer. Moses is d root of Hebrew religion, find one place where Moses say there is a devil. At different times throughout Hebrew religion different schools of thought were dominant, dats why there is contradiction. Some believed in reincornation some didn't, some believed I life after death some didn't, some believed in d devil some didn't , some believed in a messiah some didn't some looked for King David to physically return and rule Israel. Lucifer is purée propaganda tricker and Christian teaching is d snare.
Bless!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/12/2014 6:36:27 AM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/12/2014 6:36:27 AM

The Brightest star in the Galaxy, the 'morning star' which appears just before sunrise

=

Sirius.......... another Dogon/ KEMET connection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/12/2014 6:41:40 AM

Taken from a hebrew brother.....

"The KJV has really created a lot of confusion around this issue mixing up Satan and Jesus and leading people to believe that they might be one and the same. HEAVEN FORBID!! First off, the term “LUCIFER” just means shining one so there are MANY LUCIFERS out there both Good and Bad. That is why we are to try the spirits to see if they are of OUR Elohim. In order to do this, you need to know THE WORD-(Yahushuwah Ha’Mashiach), and more importantly you need to know how to rightly divide it. SATAN knows the Word! It’s a good idea to get out of the habit of saying Luciferian meaning the Devil. HA SATAN, as well, is a COLLECTIVE of the 72 fallen angels which where originally cast down to the earth, inbreeding with human females and starting their own serpent seedline. Yahushuwah refered to the evil one as SATAN so we should do so also. Now the hebrew words used describing the two beings-one good and the other evil, are two different words. The one for SATAN means DAYSTAR or dawn bringer. The greeks referred to him as PHOSPHORUS. It is the planet Venus.In the evening Venus can also be seen and the greeks referred to this as Hesperus or VESPERS. This is SATAN worship. The Mayans also tracked VENUS.
On the contrary, the BRIGHT morning star is the brightest star in the sky…ALWAYS.
It is SIRIUS. It is a real STAR, not a planet. Venus being closer just gives us the ILLUSION of being the brightest. SATAN is an ILLUSIONIST-hence the master of the MATRIX.
He is the TRICKSTER or MAGICIAN if you understand Tarot. The Heirophant is the TRUE ROYAL PRIEST in the major ARCANA. Sirius is the DOG STAR also. The great HUNTER (constellation ORION) has the dog at his heels. His faithful servant. Sirius is actually a binary star system. Sirius A and B. I believe the other represents the Ruach Hakodesh, which has given her light now to the body of believers. Sirius B was the larger of the two originally (SOPHIA? TIAMAT? Queen of heaven?)and supposedly exploded millions of years ago and is now a white dwarf. Sirius A is our Meshiach. The one and only BRIGHT MORNING STAR. I hope this helps clear up the CONFUSION. We KNOW who the author of that is! Selah."

MY QUESTION:

Why is the Bible full of Astronomy? Sirius, Morning Star, SUN of God and 'his' resurrection, Light Bringer, Heaven above and 'On earth as it is on heaven'.......its all astronomy. Which as we know has its roots in African spiritual systems. I think its time we put the book down and reinterpret the astronomy they were trying to tell us!!

Hotep

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 7/12/2014 8:52:39 AM

Yes i Rasta give thanks for the feedback, i still think it is not confusion to i maybe only that i wrote it in a unclear way. the i may be right so i do give credit to the i's reasoning but i still overstand how it. ill try and explain more clearer soon so keep still rasta.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/12/2014 9:32:16 AM

Hermeneutics.

Context, you realise the world of Antiquity which the Bible is dated to, were worshipping VENUS? From 1AD-400AD.......

Rev 2:28 (NIV) I will also give him the morning star.
Rev 22:16 (NIV) I, Jezeus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.

"In Roman mythology, VENUS was the mother of the Roman people through her son, Aeneas who was born through immaculate conception between a God and a human, and was a Christ figure"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_(mythology)

http://wordonfire.org/Written-Word/articles-commentaries/December-2013/Aeneas-or-Jesus---A-Christmas-Question.aspx

The Killer:

Acts 9:34: And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.

In Conclusion: ITS ALL GRECO-ROMAN MYTHOLOGY!!!! From their limited overstanding of more Ancient IndoAfrican concepts of spirituality and astronomy/science. AND their desire to utilize and control a 'Christ' figure.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/12/2014 10:10:30 AM

I see.Give thanks for the posts.

It does disgust I that Greco Roman mythology is present.

But to claim that Christ is a made up figure by greeks and or romans just because there is some greco roman mythology in it,is not objective viewing in I opinion.

If that was really the case,then why do some or even all earliest paintings of Christ portray a Black messiah.And the later ones show a european cesare.seen..

RASTAFARI LIVE

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/12/2014 10:10:57 AM

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, "I CREATE DARKNESS", I make peace and "I CREATE 'EVIL'", "I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS"!!!
Satan is YHWH, YHWH is Satan? Two side to d same deity?

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I