Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5724&start_row=1

honour thy parents when they don't honour you?

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 7/2/2014 4:48:28 PM

Greetings and one royal blessed love be unto the I

I'm sure the I know how parents,either one or both,can cause obstacles for ones seeking the trod and further Ivelop oneselves in Rastafari and thus in life. From Iman experience and current situation I mother is a obstacle to I in this time,her behaviours don't alow I to live up how I want to live up.I can't wake up and give thanks without a fight,I can't express any deep element of Rastafari without being mocked, I can't read certain books and materials without an interrogation,she's extremely messy and I feel very uncomfortable at home,sometimes I can't eat proper food because she can't keep the kitchen clean,I can't step into my room without having to step over something,I am nonetheless respectful to her, I have tried everything to make her see sense and change her ways but nothing works,ive spoken to her politely,aggressively,wrote a letter,asked relatives to speak to her,moved in with other people(but this is always very temporary like a week at Max),I wouldn't say I hate her or anything like that but she is ever increasingly getting on my nerves and I can't take it,I don't even feel like speaking to her,she's living dead in many ways, rasta must operate amongst life but I'm stuck here,I could say many more things about how much of hindrance she is but slandering is not really serving any good,right now I just try and stay out of the house and away from her but yh I don't want to keep running away from the problem,action is needed but to be honest I can't see anything I can really do to solve this problem.

Messenger: littleshrub Sent: 7/2/2014 7:01:10 PM

Blessings to you Idren much love and support

InI surely relate much to your struggles I, throughout life we encounter situations that at times feel as if they engulf our hardships, feel as though our light and our blessings in life are worn by outside conflict. Remember to stay firm I, only you can liberate yourself from tyranny in this material world, wether from mother father any form of any word, for it is Jah word that enlighten, manifestation in the being of the I, to find peace with yourself is to find peace with all even in the most troubling and difficult of times but I'm sure the I can relate with this. As we come into ourselves as Rasta and to see through the grace of his majesty indeed we surface our more grounded conceptions of what's right and wrong, necessary and unnecessary and in the case as we share obedient or disobedient, personally InI follow none to obstruct my path the best I can, but more allow and welcome the light of others to shine and inspire my own overstandings, to live under one of minimal grace will keep you but held in that same place, both in spirit and in mind, material and otherwise.

Live up friend! We'll all make it, remember this time is only temporary, weary and downpressed feelings will come and go same with the ignorance of others. If InI could give one important piece of insight it'd be that all action, all interaction and all ideal holds significance, that what is neglected will teach us to care, that what is battered will teach us to bandage and what that lived a good life will pass that goodness on.

Much love Iyah blessed love the father is surely with you

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 7/3/2014 5:00:28 AM

This is the situation many if not most RastafarI youth are challenged with: resistance from conservative elders. It is their amagedion.
Never the less,

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 7/3/2014 5:15:22 AM

This is the situation many if not most RastafarI youth are challenged with: resistance from conservative elders. It is Our Amagedion. Father fighting son, mothers fighting daughter, for Righteousness sake, everyone thinking they are right & the other is wrong.
The battle over the souls of men. (read the book of Malachi)
Never the less, when RastafarI win over the souls of the next man, We are bound to get acceptance after rejection, support after opposition, love after hatred, triumph for trials, honour for humitity.
Patience and long suffering are attributes of RastafarI that we have to learn.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/3/2014 7:25:43 AM

HONOR your mother and father so your days shall be longer

Nothing in Rastafari promotes distancing ones self from family or contention between an individual and the elders and ancestors.

Hostile behaviour toward the initial unfamiliarity of the blackhearted ones can be expected. If one can't even get over this in the home, how can one expect to trod through society? Where the skepticism tun up > your family. Need love & overstanding.

Messenger: Lioncub96 Sent: 7/3/2014 2:38:39 PM

A man must go through tribulation, and - overstand that this circumstance is in part strengthening I as it show I how and what Iman don't want to be.but still no problem solved,the way I see it is that the bath water is overflowing but Iman is having to mop up the water instead of turning off the tap, and this water is a chain reaction as in the sense that one thing affects something else, and then a next thing and so on, Iman feel to get radical now because Iman fed up of sitting amd watching fools fight themselves and fight I in the process,for no reason at all, love and hate can never be friends

Messenger: Lioncub96 Sent: 7/3/2014 2:44:00 PM

Lioncub and bobobinghi is one I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/4/2014 3:56:32 PM

I&I repeat the Iyah Garveys Africa's message: honor and RASpect the parents.
When Iman move out of the mother's home permanently, the I will likely see the situation differently. Age and distance from parents can often open I eyes to Overstand the parent in a more human light, and not judge for mistakes made.
The I is a bless-sing up on this planet, and for the Ixistence of I, I&I must give thanks and praises to the mothers and fathers. Even if only for the ways their parenting styles challenged I&I to become Iyer.
Bless up the I's. JAH guide and protect in every Iwah.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/4/2014 5:04:44 PM

True true.Give thanks for the word sound Iyas.

Even though InI may have strifes and misoverstandings with parents there is still non like unto family.

Here is a blessed song on this topic:

Dezarie-Always remember you

Ras TafarI Guide and Itect

Messenger: Prophet John Sent: 7/6/2014 5:22:56 PM

The highest form of honour is to pray for your parents. Prayer may be the only thing to change her habits which annoy you, or may be what InI need to get the patience and long suffering which only Yah can provide. So YES honour thy parents.... pray for them.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I