Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5716&start_row=1

Rastafari for beginners

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 6/19/2014 5:14:25 PM

I'm starting to learn more about rastafari but I want to make sure everything I know is true and what other Rastas think. tell me everything you can about the whole rastafari movement. From the small things to the big things. tell me why you became rastafari. every little thing help. I will ask questions along the way. I want to know everything I can before I decide If I'm a rasta. thank you!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/19/2014 6:47:17 PM

You are not a Rasta. If you were, you would know, and would not need to seek more information to decide.

Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 6/19/2014 7:03:04 PM

I am not claiming I'm a rasta I just want to know more about them.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/19/2014 9:34:24 PM

Ras Nick. Most High love and guide I. Iwombman sIght that Iman may need some additional explanation in order to see what Iman may already know Iself to be or not be. But I&I cannot write an encyclopedia about RasTafarI in this thread. There are too many books, Ixperiences, Istory, for I&I to write everything I&I have found so far. This is a journey Iyah, Iman have to trod a personal trod because Ixperience is the most valuable. The I's are happy to answer questions, if Iman can make the question a bit more specific?

Naturally I agree with I honorable Ras Ark I that one must know oneself. Hotep Idren.

Messenger: Nick_27 Sent: 6/19/2014 9:42:58 PM

Is there any basic things you can tell me? Or any books or movies or stories I could read to find out some basic knowledge of rastafari?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/19/2014 9:51:36 PM

Idren, I wrote this thread a little bit ago..
"Converting to Rastafarianism"
Haha I know that the Iyahs cringe upon reading this title. I cringed while typing it.
But the truth is that most uninformed people see it this way.
Let I&I dispel that mixup.
CONverting is for those who are being conned, being tricked.
Let none of the brothers or sisters be tricked, but let I&I come to full overstanding and unity within JAH presence.
Rastafari is a livity, a way of living set apart for JAH in all purity and righteousness. Not an ISM or a religion.

For those brothers and sisters who are new to Rastafari, in love and RASpect, let this thread be a place to ask questions.

For those who have mentioned converting, or asking to know more about becoming "Rastafarian", let Iwombman say that the transformation is continual and never ending. There is no acceptance prayer or baptism that can officially declare the Iman and Iwombman as Rastafari. It is a process of educating Oneself and seeing the Truth in a big picture that allows I&I to grow up into Rastafari.

Seek the Truth, seek JAH, seek the Almighty One, seek love and righteousness, and there is only one path it will lead to. Trod Rastafari to the King heights of Zion.

One love Ras Nick. What "basic information" has Iman not already found in reading and self-educating? Is there a specific question?
Truly, not knowing Iman sIghts at this time, I&I cannot be sure which angle Iman need explanation,from. Seen? Iman want to talk more privately Iman can email Amanda.elaine.burton@gmail.com

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/20/2014 12:49:58 AM

People shouldn't approach RasTafarI as something to evaluate to decide if they want to join. RasTafarI is not about joining, it is about being, so approaching it as something to evaluate will often make people who are not RasTafarI think they are for a time, until they realize they are not. People choose a church, mosque, synagogue or temple, and some choose another one at some point in their life. RasTafarI is not a thing like that, it is not something you choose now, and then not choose later, it is not about choosing, it is Sighting. A person is or is not RasTafarI, they may not know it for part of their Life, but when they know it, they could never not know it again.

Live your life, if something is pulling you to look at RasTafarI, then look. If you are RasTafarI, the I will eventually sight it, never try to convince yourself of it. There are many Righteous people in the world, people don't need to be RasTafarI to do be that. Look within and learn who you are, and make sure your path is Righteousness.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/20/2014 2:13:14 AM

True Ark I

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 6/20/2014 4:14:49 AM

Love is Haile Selassie I Itinually.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/20/2014 11:31:12 AM

Can't study rasta

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I