Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5699&start_row=1

rural development without urbanisation

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 6/3/2014 4:53:35 PM

There developments needed in the country, but which ones would prevent turning mother nature into a concrete jungle,
Electricity-if done subtly
Agriculture- yes
Water- yes
Infastructure- possibly not
Educational institutions- yes
Hospitals- argubally

What else?

Would it be wrong to say the way to develop rural environment is to make it more like a city?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 5:39:01 PM

Can't we keep the rural rural and keep the cities cities? Country and Town is a concept that works for me.

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 6/3/2014 5:59:11 PM

Most of InI, arguably, would hope to one day reside in a natural pollution free setting, the way Iman see it is that the city and its citizens will continue to go the opposite direction of InI envisage of tranquility and perfection. seen, country life obviously isn't perfect as it is as more of InI would be there and stop making excuses for remaining in Babylon.not saying it impossible to have a righteous city environ!ent but if InI are honest that doesn't exist at this moment in time, InI will naturally bring some of InI living habits wherever we go, but that's not to say InI must not adapt. What Iman is saying is that certain things inna the city should be brought inna the country in order for InI to be more comfortable,Iman don't mean like TV stations,sports arena,high street shops etc but basic amenities to a level that satisfies people and makes the stereotypical country life more efficient, enjoyable and easier, the I agree?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 6:24:17 PM

Good points,

I think its all individual. Some brethen have NO intention of adopting a country life. They may see this as taking a step backward and not forward. Many brothers who do live 'righteously' or upful, do so in the city.

On the other side, there are people in the country who wouldn't want any of the changes you suggest. Some Rasta burn electricity, burn certain materials won't even have glass window in them yard. So its all levels..........and based on individualism.

Thats why I said its important to keep certain country / rural areas protected.... and keep them as they are..... just as its important to have cities or towns elsewhere.

I'm looking at it not from a personal 'How would Garveys Africa like to live' but from a holistic / nation building post-repatriation point of view.

Haile I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/3/2014 6:27:18 PM

You have city..... town.... country.... and BUSH as far as eye see it. All with different levels of input from modern babylon, from the two extremes (0-100%).

You don't think this works? It's then up to the individual where he chooses to live based on what level of things he need: water, electric, hospital, internet, etc.

Keep dem all!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/3/2014 7:53:40 PM

True points Iyah Garveys Africa, this is a suggestion that may take all wants and Ipinions into account.
Blessed Idren Bobobinghi, I&I would like to assert that agriculture and water are the only necessary Ivelopments; and that certain things like hospitals and educational institutions can be more harm than good if operated under the same practices that govern them currently.
I&I overstand from GA comments that Iman see this topic as "post-repatriation", but how did Jahcub mean it? As of now, I&I would not like to see hospitals spring up all over and then the citizens forced to pay for health care something like USA just did.
Misgana for reasoning up on this subject Iyahs.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/4/2014 12:53:03 AM

Don't turn earth into concrete jungle, turn concrete jungle into natural earth, the world will be ruins if not, must live sustainability, the city depends on country, not the other way around

Google. ' root bridge'. And see images of living growing bridge's.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/4/2014 1:30:38 PM

Develop d country, where it needs development such as planting more trees do more farming restore the natural beauty of d country. Iman a country man and certain developments deteriorate certain aspects of country life as I have seen a lot of changes in life from I was a young'un

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/4/2014 2:43:24 PM

So much of this depends on the starting point and the ultimate goal of the community. Creating a self sustaining small commune-like village is very different than establishing even a small town.

In InI opinion smaller is better in terms of maintaining an upful livity. When man's primary occupation is no longer sustaining himself and the community then it becomes very easy for corruption to enter.

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 6/4/2014 2:51:53 PM

A school which teaches children how to be skilful and intelligent could never be a wrong thing. A school that teaches ones of Rastafari, self reliance and independence is not a bad thing.InI are lacking in knowledge and we need somewhere we can learn these things,Babylon school doesn't prepare you for life or enable you to support yourself,Babylon school doesn't teach you how to farm,how to make clothes, how to cook,how to build a house etc its that kind of school Iman would like to see arise, city and country. Similarly don't confuse yourself and let Babylon trick you into thinking a hospital is a bad thing,it just corrupted as it is now, a place which naturally cures people with ital medicine,delivers babies naturally etc could not be wrong, think about this,shashamane is in the country and the nearest hospital is 6 hours away is Addis Ababa, if a one needed to be operated on should one have to wait 6 hours in this iwa,really? And that six hours . . .by car, imagine having to walk with a serious internal defect,that must be at least double the six hours, not everyone could survive that journey and also don't forget about hospital waiting times, I hear that electricity and other worldly things can be dropped as there not necessity, but even as jah child said developments in agriculture and water are needed, hence development is a must to some level,ever forward.Brother VD talked about turning concrete jungle more like/into mother nature but that's Satan's kingdom,run by worldly minded people who don't glory in nature but see it as primitive.InI must not try to change Babylon too much because InI don't currently have much say or power where we are over drastic/large scale changes to these Babylon systems and habitations. Neither do we want to be a part of that.InI are scattered and need to collect together and build what we want,phsically,spiritually and mentally, that's not to say it has to be like what we see around us.does a building need to be fabricated from metal,concrete and glass to stand? Does a classroom have to be indoors?do we need chemical pills and injections to cure our bioligical defiencies?are we incapable of making solutions to our needs and problems that do not mimic those that Babylon had devised?

Iman would say no,what do the I say?

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I