Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5697&start_row=21

HELL

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/2/2014 10:37:39 AM

Yes King but when was it edited? If it was 'edited' from its creation then its not an edit but a lie from the start; which then puts the focus onto the authors of the bible and their intentions. It also would debunk the idea that it is the complete word of God..... On the other hand if its a later edit - after the original had been written; then thats different

I challenge ones to find a version of the NT or a source which is older than the versions with Hades and Tartarus, to then prove the 'edited' theory.

Question would then be what else has been edited that we didn't think about???

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 6/2/2014 10:59:27 AM

I would say that just about everything in the LIEble(s) has been "edited" to suit the "editors" of the times. Aswell as to CONtrol and CONdemn a populous of soul-seekers that of whom cannot think for themselves and are shackled in the chains of mental slavery.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/2/2014 12:01:40 PM

Well,I don't think the original was written by Greek or Roman deceivers themselves...And if the original wasn't written by them,there is no other possibility than that it was edited by them later.We can also see that there are things in the Bible that are true,so it doesn't make sense to think the whole book is a lie written by deceivers...

Interesting if the Ethiopian Bible sais Hades...

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 6/2/2014 12:21:56 PM

Well Iya. I am not saying that the original is lies. What I am sighting is the translations after the originals. In example council of Nicea, KJV, etc. But not limited to these translations. Because it is known that CONstantine left out books that he deemed not "necessary " for his population to read. And King James was LEARNING Hebrew as he was translating the Tanahk and other Hebrew Scriptures. Which is why one can read the Tanahk and the KJV OT and blatantly see the errors in translation that are present. Which is why when I read ANY bible, OT and NT, I read parallels aswell. That way I can read multiple translations at the same time and figure out what InI's truth is.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/2/2014 1:01:37 PM

The only thing that matters to I would be the original manuscripts.. Problem is the majoirty of what we look at in the Bible rely on translations from original manuscripts which we NO LONGER HAVE. Often the earliest source of reference is a Greek translation from a missing original or an original in ruins.

Interesting to see if Papyri 98 (remaning fragments of the original Revelation) includes Hades.

Even so, this is a debate which will never be settled. Fire on the council of Nicea and the council of Jamnia

Blessed Love!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/2/2014 1:06:53 PM

Ras Nate, Where in d books of MOSES does it talk about an afterlife?

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 6/2/2014 1:13:52 PM

King Garvey's Africa, would papyri 98 be in Nag Hammadi or DSS? Does the I know? Because I have copies of all of them text at home and I can check and see, when InI get there.

JAH love
Selassie I

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/2/2014 1:15:34 PM

DOUBLE

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/2/2014 1:17:08 PM

Seen Ras Nazir.

The I is right.There are a lot of MISStranslations wich sometimes can have a great impact on peoples views and Iverstanding.

For example,Iman has always been wondering why it sais:
Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise:why shouldest thou destroy thyself? (KJV) -ECCLESIASTES 7:16

And then I read the same verse in the Complete Jewish Bible(CJB),and it sais why should you DISAPOINT yourself instead...A strong difference in I opinion.

Here is another interesting article about the false translation of sheol,hades,tartarus... :

HEBREW AND GREEK WORDS MISTRANSLATED MEANING HELL

Blessed Ites
RasTafarI

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/2/2014 1:21:59 PM

VOODOORUUTZ,

The Isample Iman gave in that post sais:We are cut off and we fly away.I sight that as afterlife...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I