Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5692&start_row=1

LION OF JUDAH?

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/30/2014 11:39:01 PM

Wheres d origin of the "LION" representation in Africa and biblical culture. A certain Moroccan Muslim I reason wit from time to time he like the Lion symbol he would say its d "LION OF AFRICA" but he knew nothing of the "LION OF JUDAH" and the other day he made mention of the Moroccan symbol the "LION OF ATLAS". I was thinking that mayb the SPHINX mite b at d root of the LION KINGS OF AFRICA and biblical JUDAH. There was also a certain Canaanite King called 'LABAYA' (Lion Man, God(N) is a Lion, Lion of God(N)). Then again this tradition would've had to come from d interior where there are lions and carried to Kemet then to Canaan since they prolly never had seen a lion in Canaan or had any in Kemet. What d I dem think?

CONQUERING LION HAS PREVAILED!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/31/2014 12:49:26 AM

As far as I know the lion has been the symbol of royalty from ancient times. Good example with the sphinx as Heru was the original lion or lamb concept, it will be hard to find more ancient than that...

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 5/31/2014 4:04:44 AM

The Lion of Zion, 1 Haile Selassie, JAH Ras TafarI

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/31/2014 3:17:26 PM

In response to the question "What does the name Judah mean?" by Dean VanDruff.

Judah means "praise", or "to praise".

Gen 29:35 (NIV) She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "This time I will praise the Lord." So she named him Judah...

It is pronounced "Yehuda". It is where the word "Jew" comes from. Many of the other tribes were scattered or rejected by God, and so the Levites, Benjamin, and Judah were collectively called the "Jews": those left to "praise God" on earth

The Lion is Symbolic for The King of Creation , the sun is a lion when it rises all shadows scatter!

Ps 51:15 (NIV) O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.

Ps 71:23 (NIV) My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you-- I, whom you have redeemed

Messenger: DURU Sent: 6/7/2014 9:40:11 AM

blessed to all

yes I, the lion also symbolizes as "consciousness" InI inner light , this is why heru is the symbol of a conscious man and set the unconscious man controlled by the mind,ego,emotions, Imaginations,desire,senses etc... the battle is the effort to be conscious and unconscious on every seconds or situations , after this battle when being conscious with out any effort or being spontaneously conscious ,this is the stage that ausar is ressurected ,since ausar symbolizes the "awakened man " king of kings , with the help of auset(compassion) tehuti(wisdom) set (mind or ego ) is defeated .

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 6/7/2014 2:52:30 PM

Stumbled across dis on facebook just now..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10450143_10204048683006191_4356288887255330945_n.jpg

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/23/2014 6:27:11 PM

SULULTA, ETHIOPIA

GREEN GOLD RED

SELASSIE I LIVE

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I