Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5690&start_row=21

Does anybody know what this is?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 6/10/2014 3:32:35 PM

give thanks for the link Ras Nazir, ini been learning a lot about martial arts and was always curious about the hand mantras as to gaining and releasing energy. As far as the i know, the hand sign used by H.I.M is mainly the trinity sign but still it has a high energy power which gives a person strength mentally and physically and also distinguishing a Rastafari from a bald head in a dis time. Give thanks

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/10/2014 3:49:57 PM

True Idren.

I am sure there is more to

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/10/2014 4:01:51 PM

True Idren.

I am sure there is more to it then just a trinity sign.People who are not RasTafarI hold the position in meditation.And when Iman hold it,it helps I connect to Selassie I and I also feel expanding of I awareness and energy flow...

BLESS UP

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/11/2014 1:59:27 PM

Idren ConsciousRas, has Iman seen in KMT, MONTU ARTS, before martial arts ever existed. Africans Iriginally I brother.

Awo Ras Nate, I&I find that the hands naturally position in this way when I&I Iditate in JAH Ites. Sometimes in Iditation Iwombman will notice that such a position has come unintentionally. Can the I's relate?

More love and Inity
Qedamawi Haile Selassie

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/11/2014 2:24:53 PM

Yes Impress.

Iman can relate to that.It comes naturally and unintentionally whenever I can hold it...

And give thanks for that info and pic.I notice that martial arts practice helps with confidence against Babylon and physical as well as Iritual discipline and strength

Selassie I Bless.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 6/11/2014 2:34:37 PM

Styles of stickfighting

Istunka (Somalia) Nguni Stick Fighting (South Africa) Nuba fighting (Sudan) Surma stickfighting (Ethiopia) Tahtib (Ancient Egypt)

Folk wrestling

Laamb Wrestling (Senegal) Evala wrestling (Togo)

Bare knuckle boxing

Dambe (Nigeria) Musangwe (South Africa) Moraingy (Madagascar)

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/11/2014 4:06:25 PM

Fencing
Tire Machet (Machete Fencing) - Ayaiti(Haiti)

Kicking Dance Style
Capoeira - Brazil

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/11/2014 11:48:02 PM

Peter had a great love for martial arts, in particular kung fu. Peter and Bob both shared a great interest and like for Bruce Lee too. Both were ardent lovers of sports and would spend their free time going through a kung fu work out routine.

Peter's love of kung fu was more publicised and well known than that of Bob's however. Costume was an integral part of Peter's stage act and so because of this Peter would just as often be seen wearing a ninja outfit as he would tracksuit or Japanese kimono's. Peter's stage actions were heavily surrounded by his love of kung fu, integrating roundhouse kicks, chops and punches into his stage movements, making for some stunning visuals. Peter was an imposing figure standing more than 6 feet, tall and gangly and seemingly all legs. Peter's roundhouse kicks reached unparalleled heights of more than 7 feet high. Chops and blocks were also coreographed into his acts too, all used in perfect time with the rhythm, as if it was the rhythm pulling at him, making him kick, punch and block the evils of babylon on stage. Bob would also incorporate kung fu routines in his stage performance too, one such occassion can be seen during Jammin at the November 13, 1979 concert at the Uptown Theater in Chicago. Bob shadowing boxing, ducking and jiving in time with the rhythm.

Peter had a great love for Bruce Lee and the resemblances between the two are uncanny. Lee was all steely sinew, cocky, with a threatening stare and not afraid to point a finger--a Clark Kent who didn't need to change outfits. He was the redeemer. Sound familiar? Those exact same words could be used to describe Peter. Many would describe Peter as cock with an equally menacing stare. Peter know doubt had a great deal of respect for Bruce and one wonders if maybe Peter saw

Peter's martial arts interest made him an even more dangerous individual, not someone you would want to anger, though Peter never used his martial arts skills to injure, purely for fitness and

In one interview Peter claimed that martial arts didn't originate from China or Japan, but in fact they

Peter was a black belt in karate. He claimed that he needed to be an expert in martial arts to protect himself and that it was a part of the african culture. "To have a woman in some parts of Africa, you must be able to kill a lion with your hands. If you can't do that, you are not a man".

Bruce Lee died at age 32 under a cloud of controversy, in his mistress's home, of a brain edema, which an autopsy said was caused by a strange reaction to a prescription painkiller called Equagesic. At that point, he had starred in only three released movies, one of which was unwatchably bad, the other two of which were watchably bad

Both Tosh and Lee had a cockiness that passed for charisma. Whilst Lee was physically jumping in the air and simultaneously kicking two bad guys into unconsciousness, all while punching out two others, Peter was doing the same, only to Babylon. He was fighting down the evils of babylon.

When one takes a look at the skills required to be a successful martial artist, one can say why Peter had such a great interest and passion.

Possess confidence at all times Sock as soon as possible Puzzle the opponent, never do the same thing twice Move whenever the opponent gets set to hit

Peter was never short of confidence, sometimes this confidence could come across as arrogance or cockiness. Meanwhile, Peter would never do the same thing twice, always unpredictable, a mystical spirit who would always move out of the way of adversity before getting hit. Though Peter took more than his fair share of beatings by babylon he survived. Holding his head high and defending himself, with blocks and chops, all important skills involved with martial arts. Defence is

Other skills involved in mastering martial arts include:

Technique should be natural blending of stillness and sudden, violent destructiveness. Always ready for any move.

Little learning is dangerous. Don't telegraph moves, use common sense in martial art. Timing! Keep eyes open. When opponent advances, one intercepts.

Little learning is dangerous, this is why Peter was constantly learning new things in every day to day life, creating and inventing new words and increasing his learning capacity.

Peter was a fitness fanatic, keeping himself in great shape and eating the correct foods. Abiding by the philosphy of your body is your temple, all this gave Peter great strength, agility and balance. An example of Peter's agility and balance is shown when riding his unicycle, this required enormous

When babylon advanced Peter was ready to intercept, out-thinking babylon, when faced by more than half a dozen cops with batons being weilded at his skull he laid down and played dead, outsmarting the Police who had thought they had finally silenced Peter once and for all.

During Peter's concert in Toronto 1979 he demonstrated many of the disciplines involved with kung fu, including some devastating round house kicks, his legs towering over his band members

During Peter's hellfire and brimstone performance at the One Love Peace Concert Peter went "dressed for battle" wearing a black karate suit. His powerful set saw him openly light up a spliff onstage and denounce the Jamaican heads of state. A kung fu fighter taking the opportunity that had presented itself, knowing Bob was to appear later that evening Peter wanted to make his mark, whilst Bob was unifying Manley and Seaga, Peter was denouncing them and humiliating them, after all Peter claimed peace can only be obtained in the cemetary.

Fists of Fury, The Chinese Connection and Return of the Dragon established Bruce Lee as an international movie star. Tosh was an avid viewer of these three films, and amongst his most watched movies. Lee's role in Enter The Dragon made him into a legend. However, Lee's untimely and premature death meant that he was not able to reap his rewards and go on to worldwide fame. The same can be said about Peter, in 1987 Peter had just released No Nuclear War, just two months after it's release Peter was murdered in his house. That same year his No Nuclear War album won the grammy in the debut category for Best Reggae Album. Like Lee, Peter was not alive

Peter truly was a stepping razor, with actions that could back up his

http://intelligentdiplomat.free.fr/articles/article13.html

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/12/2014 9:11:44 AM

Nice visuals Jah Child

Maybe not just reggae but definitely during the time in JA Kung-Fu films were the next best thing to Wild Wild West films. It wasn't just Peter......

Some extra inspiration for de I...70s style

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/14/2014 1:52:34 PM

To anyone interested in marial artsI highly recommend the book:

Tao of Jeet Kune Do

by Bruce Lee

He is a Master and the book is not just physical, but gets into the philosophy and spirituality if martial arts...... It's as much introverted as extroceted work.

Here are some quotes from the Masters boo “ I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.

“ Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one

“ Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

“ Be happy, but never satisfied.

“ Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.

“ Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.

“ Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

“ A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

“ I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.

“ If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

“ If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.

“ Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.

“ A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.

“ To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.

“ The doubters said, "Man can not fly," The doers said, "Maybe, but we'll try," And finally soared In the morning glow While non-believers Watched from below.

“ The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

“ Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

“ If you don't want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today.

“ It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.

“ Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.

“ Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it.

“ Not being tense but ready. Not thinking but not dreaming. Not being set but flexible. Liberation from the uneasy sense of confinement. It is being wholly and quietly alive, aware and alert, ready for whatever may come.

“ You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.

“ A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.

“ Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.

“ The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take its course, and your tools will strike at the right moment.

“ Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality.

“ Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life! Do not be concerned with escaping safely- lay your life before him!!

“ A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence.

“ Ifhere is a God, he is within. You don't ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I