Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5688&start_row=11

Where does Iyaric end and Jamaican begin?

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/28/2014 3:13:10 PM

Or the Queen could be talking about InI thick Southern Georgia accent. :)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/28/2014 3:18:30 PM

Who say that?

Tell her to know herself!

They are a vibrant community in JA. They have various Indigenous set ups on the Island like Accompong.

Them speak the same patois just different levels, maybe hardcore If the I overs (lol)? True like the 'Bush' Rasta......ones that are more 'removed' from society will have a deeper dialect. Words like Obruni, and others from West Africa.....even some pidgin....often creeps through. But this isn't just for the Maroons...... like Obeah, various things we managed to keep direct through slavery!

Big up all carribean Maroon! Iman no salty about the treaty, for all we know could have been lie!

Blessed

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/28/2014 3:19:08 PM

King Nazir, I remember I first heard some Goergia rap and talk I couldn't understand much, thickly southern but different from I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/28/2014 3:25:17 PM

Big Up the Deep SOUTH

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/28/2014 3:36:21 PM

Seems they still speak/spoke some form of Twi/Akan language. They really interest I, i admire them. Suriname has some strong Maroon/Kromanti too, got a Video "Suriname meets Ghana" one Akan man met a true Suriname River Kromanti they spoke Akan/Twi to each other. Had some yah i read but guess they got big eyed wit dey bravery tryd to control the whole mouth of d Mississippi.

Big Up ALL dem Maroon!from JA, Ayaiti, Guyana, Suriname, Garifuna, Gullah/Seminoles and all dem wha got killed off and all d Maroon spirited ones yah today freeing up from slavemaster, LIVE UP and ON!

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/28/2014 3:41:30 PM

Seen Brothers. Big LOVE from InInI. InI say that because Iman talked to Queen JAH Child and Iman know I accent is thick and FULL of southern street slang. InI am still getting used to speaking Iyaric. Iman feel InI type and write it pretty well but I dont get much practice because people around here, would not Overs I if I did.

InI cant wait Intil InI get the Yard going. Hopefully Iman will have PLENTY of RastafarI Kings and Queens coming from Old man to Pickney. On a side note, InI got approved for a $8,000 dollar business card and now Iman am placing order to InI Ital Herb wholesaler and getting Yard started. So if the I's need some Herbal Remedies (soaps, lotions, Herbs, teas, etc) it should not be too long before Iman will be able to mix and ship them for the I's. InI will start thread about it soon when it gets start.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/28/2014 9:58:23 PM

Bless up I&I for the Iducation, and bless up JAH JAH works. Ises Itinually.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/29/2014 1:27:41 PM

Like some of the Moorish establishments in da US, the Maroon towns operate over dem own jurisdiction as indigenous people. Them no under Jamaican law IMF pressure or American influence. Countries within a country. Dem maintained dat since dem reach from off the boat

Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I