Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5680&start_row=1

Senegalese Christ

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/22/2014 10:36:14 PM

These 'Muslims' give praises to a Black Messiah, who believed salvation came in this time through hard work and not a God in the sky waiting to return. No 5 x day rituals, but high priests and Iritual healers. He used the reLIEgion to fight against French colonialism........and created one of the most economically powerful brotherhoods in West Africa. Not without criticism.......... But I can overs this. Better than French christianity or arab-empowering Islam.

Cheikh Ahmadou Bamba Mbacke
"There is only one surviving photograph of Amadou Bamba, in which he wears a flowing white robe and his face is mostly covered by a scarf. This picture is venerated and reproduced in paintings on walls, buses, taxis, etc. all over modern-day Senegal."

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/22/2014 11:17:19 PM

Yes Iyah, dey wear natty also what dey call N'diange (strong hair) and dey till d ground think dey follow Islamic halal laws for food so dey nyama nyama flesh. I for one got much RASpect fa these from what I read to know about dem, met one in NO chat a lil bit real upfull vibe. A great musician of d brotherhood "Cheik Lo" tho he sings in languages I dnt kno

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/22/2014 11:49:15 PM

Yes I, and make pilgrimage to Touba, Senegal.... not Mecca. Iman yet to reason with them. I know Cheikh Anta Diop was a member...... Powerful brother. What you read on them brethren?

African Ipremacy

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I