Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5674&start_row=11

Jola (Juju) Initiation Ceremony

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/21/2014 11:55:56 PM

Yes I. some are satanic. De fact dat a practice is done by an African doesn't mean we should condone it even when we see it to be evil. Yu seh its Babylon to identify satanic practices as satanism, I seh dem who take part in such practices including dem who condonne such evil are Babylon. Babylon n Satan is one ting. Anyone can be Babylon. Dats why de say ''Death to black n white downpressors''. If yu yoself condone such acts then yu catch a fire

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/22/2014 12:02:21 AM

To bring back balance, the Jola initiation welcomed MANY Rasta. The video posted talks about a recent ceremony with Sizzla Kalonji and the President of Gambia involved. The initiation included the sacrifice of chicken but this was obviously optional for the Rasta / vegan initiates. This thing I posted was mainly for a tribal name-change and welcoming into a traditional African system.

Also, from what I see by numbers alone.....as many if not more blood sacrifices can be related back to a Judeo/Christian/Islamic doctrine, then indigenous African traditions.

When Obeah was used to defeat slavemaster and help the Hatian revolution, a so I know that is not the science / spirituality but the person using it whe can make it good or 'evil'

Haile

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/22/2014 11:46:22 AM

Trow Fyah on I cuz I don't choose to use d word satanic to describe what one wud consider "evil", Europeans called all Africans spiritualities satanic. I choose not to call it dat becuz satan means something that's of satan but I don't kno satan, satan ain a real personage to I. If d I chooses to use d term dats fa d I, Satan and Babylon different thought come to I mind when I hear d terms, Babylon being a real operation dats goin on and visible and Satan some mythical "BEING" controlling evil in d Irth, like Satan is d ruler of d Babylon operation or supm. I don't deal wit MYTHS and mythical Beings as being REAL personages.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 5/22/2014 12:12:52 PM

Sizzla Kalonji was initiated on the 15th of may.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20140519/ent/ent2.html

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I