Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5672&start_row=31

The complete Nazarite Vow?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/3/2014 4:40:55 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/3/2014 4:42:25 PM

If im not mistaken, isnt El / Eloheim mentioned first in the Bible? Infact in the Torah alone doesn't the specific name for God change a few times. With some suggestions they originate from the old Canaanite Gods?

Voodooruuts! Where you at?

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 7/3/2014 4:59:34 PM

Truth King GA. InI have no idea what the I John is sighting. There are many different translations of the name of Elohim, Hashem, Jehovah, Yah, YHWH, YAHWEH, JAH, God, etc. How is that blasphemous? JAH has a few different names depending on what translation or what type of LIEble is being used at that time.

I don't think I overstand what you are sighting? Care to sight up and elaborate further? Is JAH "blasphemy" too?

Selassie I shall conquer all eVILE that is babylon. JAH RastafarI

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/3/2014 8:46:12 PM

Who knows what dat name was and how it was pronounced since dat language didn't have vowels, da people wha spoke died da language died later people added vowel points but not to dat word sep fa dem who made it Adonai. Dat language was reCONstructed using Greek, Arabic, prolly Syriac by foreign people so who knows! And the pronounciation woulda been different from region to region. Yah, Jah, Ia, Ea or all variations of da same word which are prolly variations of RA with a rolling R sound. Elohim is plural, The Most High God (El Elyon) was a Canaanite diety dat Melechizidec worshipped as he was da preist King of Canaan not Israel. The Canaanites was the hebrews according to Joseph when he was locked up in Egypt That burnin bush Sanai god was a Medianite God, Bethel (Beit El) is house of EL (El Canaanite god)not house of God, dig dey play games with translating and transliterating. The closest pronounciation I think to d original if there is a such would prolly b by d Vodun practitioners of Togo and Benin, d Ewe (Evhwe) people who call d power of thunder Yehwe, or sum people of Burma wha call they god Yawah and certain Native Americans had a similar pronounciation.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/3/2014 8:54:45 PM

Jamaicans swop out H's wit vowels da I heard a Jamaican say IHOP it threw mi off at first, he pronounced it Hi'yop, people Louisiana pronounce OIL as Erl, NY'rs pronounce moTHer as muVa down HEAR we say mudda but it's spelt MOTHER, so wats da big deal d I make on 4000 year old pronounciation?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/3/2014 9:12:57 PM

Look I yah Garvey's Africa, wzam wit it King, Blessup Nazir! Also Iyahs from I study YAH was first a feminine aspect of diety associated with d moon, and also d earth in Akan thought as in d Adinkra symbol Asase "YAA" Duru!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/4/2014 1:02:19 AM

Bless up Kings and Scholars!! Iyah Ises Itinually for that thorough and succinct history lesson.
More love and Inity!!
Haile I!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/4/2014 6:52:29 AM

Give thanks idrin. I know the I dem could clear dat up. Bless up too Dr Nazir I forgot to mention the I in the I studies.

Im sure I read somewhere that in Canaan they worshipped more than one God similar to KMT. And El was the 'most high' or original and yhwh / yah were descendants of El? Its a fact that well accredited bible scholars are at least unsure about the modern comprehension of El and Yahweh being one and the same.

And whAppn to Asherah?

And thats just the bible. If we look at what our people were calling 'God' before that it gets even deeper.

As far as KMT. We have Ra like di I mentioned. There was also a moon 'God' called 'Yah'. Two sky gods from kemet Ra and Yah..... before any tribe of Judah came into effect. Make of that what you want....

Point being, no one name is more sacred over another. They are all the creation of man.

Better stick with HIM

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 7/4/2014 9:37:26 AM

InI phone messed up and lost half d post. Going to fix it and repost

JAH Guide and protect InInI.
Selassie I

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/4/2014 12:29:01 PM

Yes GA fatrue, and if one look at Gen 40:15 one can see Joseph call Canaan the land of the Hebrews, this is way before Joshua's conquest, so d Canaanites were d hebrews to joseph! Scholars say d book come from different schools of thought a YHWHist and a ELOHist dats y dey got two versions of d same story a few times, like creation and Jacobs name changing, d arc and so forth dat never was meant to b together.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I