Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5672&start_row=11

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/17/2014 8:00:21 PM

Iya Garvey's Africa this is a verse in the Tanahk that sight like the I was saying about sacrifices.

"For I desire goodness, not sacrifice, complete obedience to JAH is more important than any offering"

Bless up Iya's

Selassie I JAH RastafarI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2014 6:10:20 AM

Blessed my lord,

But InI didn't need to sight the verse to come to that overstanding.

I'm a little funny with some of the Hebrew texts and traditions at the moment, especially those written while in 'exile'

Have you heard of metzitzah b’peh? It was in the news the other day...... SMH.

BLess up anyway! InI consciousness from Jah > scriptural instruction.

Especially when it was the scripture that suggested sacrifice in the first place.... to then use the same scripture again to disprove the need for sacrifice seems strange but a so it go with the Ible.

Fyah Blaze

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/18/2014 7:30:04 AM

Fyah Melt dat, I year but dat or read but it not too long ago how dey suck dem chillun lil meme, matter a fact dey had dis lil Jewish kid workin wit I and I aks im but dat,

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/18/2014 8:12:26 AM

Seen Iya's. Most "holy" books are exactly that "holy", i.e. full of holes and CONtradictions.

Isn't that the I GA speak of similar to pedorasty? The metzitzah b’peh?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2014 8:19:57 AM

Them claim it is the iriginal way things were done with circumcision. FYAH on circumsize, and LAVA on any man who want to mix up with metzitzah b’peh; shot them and kill dem. It done for them.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/ny-newborn-contracts-herpes-after-metzitzah-bpeh/2014/02/03/

EDIT: Maybe a next reasoning on brit milah is needed.... As many of the Idem follow Hebrew instruction but I never see it as a part of Rasta livity (and better it keep that way). Burn FGM and MGM.

The wicked man reasoning who is too inna the Bible...

Brit Milah, Genesis 17

10 This is My covenant, which ye shall keep, between Me and you and thy seed after thee: every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 And ye shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of a covenant betwixt Me and you. 12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every male throughout your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any foreigner, that is not of thy seed. 13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised; and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. 14 And the uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken My covenant.

Also, Leviticus 12:3 provides: "And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised."

According to the Hebrew Bible, it was "a reproach" for an Israelite to be uncircumcised (Joshua 5:9.) The term arelim ("uncircumcised" [plural]) is used opprobriously, denoting the Philistines and other non-Israelites (I Samuel 14:6, 31:4; II Samuel 1:20) and used in conjunction with tameh (unpure) for heathen (Isaiah 52:1). The word arel ("uncircumcised" [singular]) is also employed for "impermeable" (Leviticus 26:41, "their uncircumcised hearts"; compare Jeremiah 9:25; Ezekiel 44:7,9); it is also applied to the first three years' fruit of a tree, which is forbidden (Leviticus 19:23).

However, the Israelites born in the wilderness after the Exodus from Egypt were not circumcised. Joshua 5:2-9, explains, "all the people that came out" of Egypt were circumcised, but those "born in the wilderness" were not. Therefore Joshua, before the celebration of the Passover, had them circumcised at Gilgal specifically before they entered Canaan. Abraham, too, was circumcised when he moved into Canaan.

The prophetic tradition emphasizes that God expects people to be good as well as pious, and that non-Jews will be judged based on their ethical behavior, see Noahide Law. Thus, Jeremiah 9:25-26 says that circumcised and uncircumcised will be punished alike by the Lord; for "all the nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in heart."

The penalty of non-observance is kareth (spiritual excision from the Jewish nation), as noted in Genesis 17:1-14. Conversion to Judaism for non-Israelites in Biblical times necessitated circumcision otherwise one could not partake in the Passover offering (Exodus 12:48). Today, as in the time of Abraham, it is required of converts in Orthodox, Conservative and Reform Judaism. (Genesis 34:14-16).

As found in Genesis 17:1-14, brit milah is considered to be so important that should the eighth day fall on the Sabbath, actions that would normally be forbidden because of the sanctity of the day are permitted in order to fulfill the requirement to circumcise. The Talmud, when discussing the importance of Milah, compares it to being equal to all other mitzvot (commandments) based on the gematria for brit of 612 (Tractate Nedarim 32a).

Covenants in ancient times were sometimes sealed by severing an animal, with the implication that the party who breaks the covenant will suffer a similar fate. In Hebrew, the verb meaning "to seal a covenant" translates literally as "to cut". It is presumed by Jewish scholars that the removal of the foreskin symbolically represents such a sealing of the covenant.[1]

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/18/2014 4:12:51 PM

True circumcision is that of the heart.
Wich means to cut off all wickedness from InI inner being.

As for boasting on the flesh,Iman consider it folly and misoverstanding to deal with that in this time.

Cutting off 20,000 nerve endinings from the genital organ?NO WAY.

If JAH wanted us to be that way we would be born like that.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 5/18/2014 11:52:32 PM

InI recently found a new translation of the bible that has many references to the DSS as well as other scriptures that are normally overlooked by most of Babylon's translations. Very good translation, NLT (New Living Translation), if you ask I.

Jah Bless

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/19/2014 2:57:17 AM

Yes Iyahs...
Iwombman have to agree, circumcision of foreskin is nauseating... Who is going to chop I&I son? They will have to chop Iwombman first.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/21/2014 1:31:46 PM

InI am interested in how the I's sight up about the health reason's that some say that circumcision helps with. InI guess Iman will post them in here seeing as this reasoning moved away from the Nazarite Vow and turned into a circumcision thread.

InI am going to post what web-md says about circumcision aswell as 10 reasons not to do a circumcision, and InI would love to hear how the I's sight pon this.

Web-MD (for circumcision)

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.

A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.

Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.

Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).

Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.

10 Reasons NOT to circumcise

Because there is no medical reason for "routine" circumcision of baby boys. No professional medical association in the United States or the rest of the world recommends routine neonatal circumcision. The American Medical Association calls it "non-therapeutic." At no time in its 75 years has the American Academy of Pediatrics ever recommended infant circumcision.

Because the foreskin is not a birth defect. The foreskin is a normal, sensitive, functional part of the body. In infant boys, the foreskin is attached to the head of the penis (glans), protects it from urine, feces, and irritation, and keeps contaminants from entering the urinary tract. The foreskin also has an important role in sexual pleasure, due to its specialized, erogenous nerve endings and its natural gliding and lubricating functions.

Because you wouldn't circumcise your baby girl. In the United States, girls of all ages are protected by federal and state laws from forced genital surgery, whether practiced in medical or non-medical settings, and regardless of the religious or cultural preferences of their parents. There is no ethical rationale for distinguishing between female and male genital alteration. If it is wrong to remove part of a baby girl's healthy genitals, then it is wrong to do the same to those of a baby boy.

Because your baby does not want to be circumcised. Circumcision painfully and permanently alters a baby boy's genitals, removing healthy, protective, functional tissue from the penis and exposing the child to unnecessary pain and medical risks –for no medical benefit. What do you think your baby boy would say if he could tell you?

Because removing part of a baby's penis is painful, risky, and harmful. We know babies are sensitive to pain. Many circumcisions are performed with no analgesic, but even when pain control is employed, the pain is not eliminated. As with any surgery, complications can and do occur with circumcision. These include infection, abnormal bleeding, removal of too much skin, loss of all or part of the glans, urinary problems, and even death. All circumcisions result in the loss of the foreskin and its functions, and leave a penile scar.

Because times and attitudes have changed. The circumcision rate in the United States is now below 40% (and much lower in some parts of the country), down from 81% in 1981. More than 60% of all baby boys in the U.S. leave the hospital intact, as more and more parents realize that circumcision is unnecessary and wrong.

Because most medically advanced nations do not circumcise baby boys. People in Europe, Asia and Latin America are often appalled to hear that American doctors and hospitals remove part of a boy's penis shortly after birth. Approximately 75% of the men in the world are not circumcised and remain intact throughout their lives.

Because caring for and cleaning the foreskin is easy. A natural, intact penis requires no special care, beyond gentle washing while bathing. Later, when the foreskin can be retracted (something that often does not occur until adolescence), a boy can be taught to pull back his foreskin to wash his penis. Forcible retraction of the foreskin results in pain and injury, and should not be done.

Because circumcision does not prevent HIV or other diseases. Over the years, the claims that circumcision prevents various diseases have repeatedly been proven to be exaggerated or outright fabrications. Most men in the United States are circumcised, but our STD rates are as high as or higher than those in countries where circumcision is rare.

Because children should be protected from permanent bodily alteration inflicted on them without their consent in the name of culture, religion, profit, or parental preference. Under accepted bioethical principles, parents can consent to surgery on behalf of a child only if it is necessary to protect the child's life or health. "Routine" circumcision fails this test because it painfully and permanently removes a normal and healthy part of a boy's penis, does not protect the child’s life or health, and in fact creates new risks. Removing the foreskin is no more justified than removing a finger or any other healthy body part.

InI just felt like posting this seeing as there is so much CONtradiction on this topic. It does seem though that the reasons NOT to are more plentiful then the reasons to do it.

Is it just because of "religious" thought? Or are there actually some benefits that are of worth?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/21/2014 4:28:01 PM

Fireburn circumcision without any apology. Rasta is a trod where by ones try to live as natural as posible. Natural livity include our bodies. I n I try to keep our bodies in its natural state. Dis is to say, in de form we were created. Dats why I n I avoid de cutin n combin of our hair. De creater created us with fore skins so if u cut yo fore skin yu insult de creator. I n I nah care what Babylon seh about dis dehumanisin act dem call circumcision but I n I seh fire burn circumcision.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I