Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5666&start_row=1

What is to be righteous???

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/14/2014 9:07:32 AM

Does it mean not to sin at all???
What is to sin???
Can we be righteous without completely not sinning???
If it doesnt mean not to sin at all,then how many times can one sin and continue to be said a righteous one?
And how many times can one sin to be called a sinner??
What defines a righteous Mankind???

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2014 9:24:39 AM

Righteous is one of the most subjective words available. A man can murder in the name of righteousness.

An elder told I, Consciousness always better than Righteousness.

I interpret that as always think things through, know yourself and be true to who you are in any decision. Rather than being blindly guided by faith/religion/belief.... What is righteous to somebody could be wicked to another person. So the title of the thread / reasoning becomes 'What is right from wrong?'.... KNOW YOURSELF!

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/14/2014 9:29:28 AM

Thanks for the I quick rasponse.

Then what is Consciousness and how can it be achieved??

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2014 9:34:15 AM

Knowledge of self, self awareness.

I values of 'right and wrong' are guided by I experience from creation. Ancestral and natural law.

I just checked & any definition of Righteous/Righteousness seems to include some form of reference to laws from man claiming to have Gods instruction.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/14/2014 9:45:50 AM

Yes I bro Garvey n Zion I can feel yo fire. Giv thanks. all I haffe do to is to try n live ital n good every day to praize Mother Nature glorifyin I creator in I. I seh do good.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/14/2014 9:57:58 AM

True brethren GA.

If a man is conscious then he cannot sin.
Consciousness means awareness of oneself and the things that you do.
While religious "righteousness" only teaches men to repress sinful desires.But repression only makes the problem grow bigger within,and then comes a point where people cannot control it and explode.So to become truly righteouss/conscious one has to look within.And completely destroying the wickedness within oneself is essential, instead of repressing and making it worst.

Zion Mountain:how many times can one sin and continue to be said a righteouss one?

When a man sins in his dreams,at the moment he wakes up he realizes that it was not real and he feels no guilt,the dream has completely disapeared along with everything done in it.Well it's the same thing when a man awakes from unconsciousness into conscioussness and becomes aware,everything that was done before becomes unreal and forgotten.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/14/2014 11:27:16 AM

G.A the I said

" values of 'right and wrong' are
guided by I experience from creation.
Ancestral and natural law."

What do the I mean about this ya??

Blackheart
Yes I my king,long time since I heard from the I.

RAS-NATE-1995

Wisewords Iyah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2014 12:28:32 PM

Natural laws..... you must overs what that is king. Laws of nature.
Ancestral law.... I mean as a people what did we accept? what didn't we accept?

I've heard Rasta define right from wrong as nothing less than:

"the removal of white supremacy from the psyche of African people."

Iman can work that definition too....

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/14/2014 1:49:28 PM

King Rastafari is our Righteousness

Abram believed the LORD, and Jah credited it to him as righteousness

And if we are careful to obey all this law before the LORD our God, as he has commanded us, that will be our righteousness

The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.

Messenger: Righteous Lion Sent: 5/14/2014 2:20:50 PM

Can we obey ALL of Jah's commandments? Even if we try to, if we disobey one, we destroy the rest of them. So what make us righteous is to accept the One who is Righteous! Jah Rastafari! (Romans 6:1-2) "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2. Jah forbid. How shall we that ARE DEAD to sin, live any longer therein?

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I