Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5656&start_row=1

Is outside assistance detrimental to black independence?

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/11/2014 8:26:39 PM

InI am not sure how I feel about this so I ask the Kings and Queens...

I overstand the want and need for the black community to sustain, support, and govern itself. Would it be a contradiction to achieve this with the assistance of those outside that community?

This is on my mind because a white Christian close to I will be going to a black nation as a missionary. While I know they have the best of intentions, I worry that this might not be the most beneficial for the people it is supposed to help.

thanks for your time and consideration, lift up JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/11/2014 8:39:02 PM

Fyah on missionaries

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/11/2014 9:06:36 PM

I know there is plenty of history to show how wrong it can go. The I doesn't feel it can ever be of any benefit?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/11/2014 9:10:34 PM

Help and missionary help are two different things. Missionaries can never be right. International evangelical imperialists. They were thrown out of Ithiopia back to europe by Fasilides.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/11/2014 9:17:04 PM

Seen and overstood King

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/11/2014 9:22:39 PM

Yes I, burn missionary, read King Leopald of Belgium letter to his missionary to The Congo! It seem like every time outside help is given its for the benefit of the outside in the long run, never for long term benefit of the Black community. American Civil Rights Movement for example, started by outsiders wit the illusion of Black equality but really cause Blacks to become more dependent on outsiders as all Black ventures down to the upliftment of outside ventures. Black in America really went in a reversal after intergrating as all conscious elders tell It was d worse thing for us, it wasn't till after CRM d NAACP got a Black president which took 70 years. Ousiders mostly will gi lil help for a much greater reaping for their own. Gotta b careful
Self Support Live Up

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I