Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5655&start_row=1

Curious Question?

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/11/2014 8:23:44 PM

Theist- Belief in a God who punish sinners and saves the faithful

Ethicist- Salvation by performing the right actions

Monist- Salvation by overstanding that all is the Supreme Being an nuttin else exist

Polytheistic Monotheist- Salvation by approaching the Supreme by His/Her manifestations Nature, cosmic forces, mystical experience

Pantheistic Monotheist- Salvation by devotion to d Supreme who manifest in All things, leads to mystical union

Mysticist- Salvation by disciplines that lead to union with the Supreme Being

weh d I dem sight d I self on dis RASTAFARI trod if one can using dese terms or another? Iman aks cuz I readin a book "Mysteries of Isis" and as author explain certain Kemetic and Indian Yoga philosophies I sight much RASTAFARI wiseness. it then come to a chart wit dese terms and definitions so if ones could, weh d I sight Rastafari to d I.

Give Thanks Still

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/11/2014 8:43:09 PM

Yes I. Thiest comes from the Greek word Theos, literally meaning God. Thiest = Greek (Christian) overstanding of 'God'.

Fyah on that.

Rasta surpass ALL ism skism

Bless up VDR!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/11/2014 9:00:49 PM

Give Thanks Iyah, but sum Ras deal in "Christian" thought, but I sight connection wit I and d author "Muata Ashby" break down on Kemetic Icept on connecting wit d Iyest. Give Thanks Still fa D I Isponse, yes King Fyah Burn d Greek out, Kemet I seek out
Live Up King

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/11/2014 9:01:16 PM

These are terms to define the the thinking behind religions, as a livity we encompass much more

We burn the wicked and know JAH help the righteous

We adhere to a strict code of ethics to trod the path of righteousness

We know JAH is without beginning or end and present in all things

We know through a closeness with JAH we will reach Zion

We practice things such as meditation, yoga, and ital livity to attune ourselves to JAH's vibration

We are all these things, we are none of these labels. We are RasTafarI!!!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/11/2014 10:06:10 PM

Yes I, just sum time one hafta use certain terms to explain wit d English language, and yes dat what d author use them for the explanation of diff religion thinking, and sum RAS use dem ideology terms of dem religion thinking so I use d English word wha describe dem. Iself SelfInally don't seek "salvation" from no God or other, only to Innect and stay Inited wit I what English words can't explain.
Bless Up Iyah, I deg d I tho, Give ThANKHs

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 5/12/2014 9:27:37 AM

Seen King. Part of Iman's intent was just trying to illustrate how if one were to describe RasTafarI with those terms all might apply equally given your perspective.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/12/2014 10:00:43 AM

Give Thanks Iyah, Bless Up!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/12/2014 10:01:59 AM

Give Thanks Iyah, Bless Up!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/13/2014 12:37:01 AM

Doesn't matter how one unites with Jah, as long as it leads to unity with Jah.

Doesn't matter where you from and the path you got to take to get to Jah Jah inaZion, just get there, and help others on their path even if not identical to yours its one aim and one destination

One Love, One Jah
Haile Selassie

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/13/2014 2:37:39 AM

Fatrue fatrue fatrue!!! Blessed Love!
ANKHS UP SHENU!!!

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I