Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5641&start_row=1

Whats going on in Nigeria

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/2/2014 8:41:10 AM

Boko Haram / The Congregation of the People of Tradition for Proselytism and Jihad

The killings
The car bombs
The capture of the 250 schoolgirls
Sambisa Forest hideouts

Fiyah on the wickedness happening over in the West of Africa. May JAH Rastafari bring some kind of resolution.

But I overstand that all the information on the Boko Haram (that I have seen) comes from the West / babylon. And I overstand for an Anti-Western or Anti-Babylon group much of this information will be false propaganda....... and lie.

But the situation doesn't look good...... Im trying to figure out what they are all about and why they are doing whatever they are doing. Is there a misconception? Or are the media 100% here? (They usually aren't)

I know the Islamic faith often has promises of being rewarded by '100 young (African) virgins' and things of that nature so the latest stories of the abduction of the 230 schoolgirls are more than alarming...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Chibok_kidnapping
https://www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2014/04/article_3113594.html/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/01/world/africa/nigeria-abducted-girls/
http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/car-bomb-kills-19-nigerian-capital

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/2/2014 9:18:17 AM

I have to agree Western education IS sinful.

But this Islamic (JudeoChristian) lifelong ideology of 'we must convert everybody' has to STOP. This is the Bible/Quran/Torah going wrong in the worst way.... And they all advocate this form of behaviour toward 'Gentiles' ..... When one chooses a religion OVER your nation / family then there is something wrong.....

Is this really whe dem about?

I wonder if them know the only reason Islam was first 'practiced' (loosely) in Africa was to increase the trade / economy, as to engage in world trade at that time of history one would have to do so... But Mansa was an African first.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 5/2/2014 9:25:06 AM

Yes king.It's always important for InI Rasta to be aware of these happenings today.

It seem like Imanity has gone completely crazy.Muslim teens are tought by their parents or propagandists that Allah will reward them with 72 virgins in paradise who renew their virginity,if they kill innocent people.SMH.The ways a yute is taught he will keep when he is old...

In the name of God you kill,in the name of your God
In the name of God you conquered,in the name of your God
In the name of God you hate,in the name of your God
In the name of God you boast,in the name of your God

All religion should be wiped out so that people may just live...

-Ziggy Marley

May Selassie I redeem mankind
JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/2/2014 10:12:40 AM

Boko Haram been at it for a few years I blee, some in Nigeria think they backed by d west. I think it's prolly true in order to defuse d country as Nigeria was set to last 100 years with colonial times included and projected to slit sometime around 2015. The Niger Delta is rich in oil (4th leading imported in US or a 4th of US oil is from Niger) and is forecasted for rise drastically in coming years so they want control of all dat oil. Prolly why JewWISH people are there telling the locals they are JewWISH descendants and converting them just to get d oil and whatever other resources is there. They are playing that game all over AFRICA under "AFRICOM". The HIGHEST will give them their due but it hurts dat many will suffer before they get theirs, but one day d bush meat go catch d hunter.

Blessed Kings!

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 5/2/2014 10:58:17 AM

I feel like the issues will never stop until the ways of colonialism end. especially in africa, there was already the genocides in rwanda and sudan. both over ethinicity (I am not entirely sure though). until the world learns that love is the only way to peace and happiness, murder and rape and pilliging will all hold fast. I get the feeling Nigeria is in for alot of suffering in its near future(more so than seen now)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/2/2014 11:05:55 AM

Haile Selassie I. Greetings and blessed love I&I Kings and Queens.

To Itinue those lyrics by Ziggy, a crucial line,
"What divides [I&I] is an illusion, made up by men in their CONfusion."

Peace and Itection to the I's worldwide, and down with the wickedness of the adversary.
I know barely anything about Islam so I cannot explain why these atrocities happen or whether the media coverage is accurate, but all I can say is that people who harm other people obviously have missed the point of whatever religion it is that they are practicing.

Still I wanted to ask, based on what Brother Garveys Africa said, "When one chooses a religion OVER your nation / family then there is something wrong....." Have not most or all Rastafari chosen to walk in the ways of the King of Kings and received seclusion, disRASpect or persecution from I&I nations and families? Isn't that in a way choosing Rastafari over I&I families and nations?

I do not own a TV, so the I's recent posts on world events are the only form of global news I see, and in Iwombman opinion Garveys Africa has been sharing some vital stories lately. So give thanks Itinually for the Iducation. Blessed love.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/2/2014 11:52:22 AM

Yes this are rasta issues most definitely. I dont watch the news / tv also JahChild but have one or two resources I use for African affairs. And this sitution cant be ignored. In response to your question: I only speak for I self but my overstanding of Rastafari promotes the idea of family and PanAfricanism. So to murder your brother and kidnap your own african sisters in the name of religion or god
. Rasta teaches nothing like that

If a Scripture or teaching teaches that sort of behaviour toward I family I man would burn the Scripture quicker than following it
Seen? Hence my strong views with certain part of the bible. None of that is black supremacy which must come first.

Voodooroots - I never lookes at it from that angle. I like that reasoning brother
Have you any more sources? More on the west / cia involvement would be interesting. Well actually, the same thing went on with the 'rebels' in Libya

Id like to know what their doctrine specifically is if at all they have one

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/2/2014 1:40:16 PM

Seen and overstood King.
About Iman news sources, what are some trustworthy(or trustworthier?) places to keep in mind?
Give thanks and praises Ras.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/2/2014 1:41:18 PM

Checking out worldwatchmonitor.org now... but it seems like that server is down? Give thanks still.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/3/2014 12:05:56 AM

JAH Child, the I said,
--------------------------
people who harm other people obviously have missed the point of whatever religion it is that they are practicing.
--------------------------

It really depends on how a person looks at it. In both the Qur'an and the Bible, a person can find justification to kill man, woman and children, just because those people follow other Gods. The Qur'an is even more direct about that, it doesn't just show examples but it gives clear instructions to do that.

That is one of the points that Garveys Africa is making when he burns out the Bible. I definitely burn out those teachings and example, it is not RasTafarI Way. That is why it is important for people to use their conscience to make sure they only deal with righteousness.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I