Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=564&start_row=1

Swastika

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/17/2005 5:57:13 PM

Blessed love Teff,

I believe that you are correct in this. First of all Hitler changed the shape of the old swastika to change its meaning. I don't think that because one man wants to make it into something else that it should be rejected. As we discussed the terms of officiality on other reasonings, the change the Hitler made were not official. This is just people who have nothing else better to do than to look at something and find a problem with it. If it truly stands for peace and unity, then let it stand, sybolism can not be described by shapes or words, because when we use offensive language or gestures, it's not the words or gestures themselves, but what was meant by them. If flipping the middle finger around meant "I love you" then it would be okay, but as we all know that it not its sybolical status. Let what is right remain.

Blessed love

Ras Zion I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/17/2005 6:54:30 PM

I have seen a lot of skin heads with the swastika on there arm, and i have seen them in the pages of a book i was reading about africa(egypt).i talk to these northen indians i know and they have what looks like a swastika but the arms are pointed different, anything can be a idol. i would not use them but I do not have problem with them as long as there not ment to push hate.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/17/2005 6:54:59 PM

It maybe shouldnt be banned but should we use it? Up to each and everyone but myself I would not use it just because of the confusion it creates among the ones that dont know the true meaning and I would no want to have to explain myself to all the unknowing people. Afer all I still think it should be up to the individual and not some governing body.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/18/2005 12:07:53 AM

Symbols mean different things to different people. The people of Europe have there reasons for hating that symbol because of what it represents to them. Do you think the people that carry that symbol in Europe carry it for with any good intentions? There may be a rare few in Europe who carry it according to the way you speak, but those are not the people who are being targeted by the ban.

RasTafarI have their own symbols that they hold and other symbols that they reject. So just as I wouldn't want other people stopping I and I for rejecting a symbol that I and I don't want in our place, I don't have any desire to stop them from rejecting that symbol because I Iverstand their reasons.

Although it might be smarter for them to not ban it because it is a good way to identify those who are interested in that.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/18/2005 5:05:49 PM

What I can't understand is why they have to have a symbol in order for the unity, that they claim it stands for, to continue in unity or their beliefs? I mean its almost like idol worship, because the swastika doesn't bring the beliefs or unity, the people bring that. I mean I don't know how it can be shaped or molded, except into to the lives of those who believe it. I guess in the same sense there is a certain self secutirty issue that I think may cause some of the problem.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/18/2005 6:54:06 PM

Yes my bredren there is no luck, all of the fruit of our lives have been hand choosen by His Majesty.

Haile Selassie I Livith

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/19/2005 9:23:10 AM

Ightes!

Yes, the swastika symbol(Hakenkreuz in german) was not created by Hitler, he just used it.

And though I know how it is meant when I see it as graffiti on walls over here in Germany/Austria... and yes, they shall ban it. Here in Austria and Germany it is already baned... you will get problems when wearing/painting etc it... and that is good! NeoNazis should in NO WAY be supported!

Selah

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/19/2005 9:25:31 PM

Agreed. As I said before, no person should feel the desire to use this symbol knowing the history of its use. Unfortunately, no matter what its origin, the Nazis and now the Neonazis have misused this symbol and dragged it in the dirt and stained it with human blood all over.

It is unfortunate to see even today so many young brethren and sistren being misguided or making wrong choices and ending up within narrow minded people that show only conditional love and otherwise hatred and jealousy and still have not understood or even searched for the truth in any of the right places.

I have seen my share of confused people growing up in Germany, many due to lack of love and without enough spiritual and social support make all the wrong choices and take no responsibility and rather blame their weaknesses on other people.

InI all have already made great progress and will keep spreading TRUTH and LOVE all over for every day is a new chance and a new beginning for all of us to become righteous or become more righteous.

ONE LOVE, people get ready!
Lets spread goodness Itinually

Jah RastafarI

Bergy

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/20/2005 9:18:30 AM

Idren, the banning of anything poses a threat to all that is good and bad. I don't agree with many traditions of man made organizations but I don't feel it is right to ban them because it opens the door for the judgement of anyone's personal beliefs and FREE DUM's to be banned at the various discretions of those who engage in spiritual and ritual wickedness in high and low places.

RSK

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/20/2005 9:48:19 AM

I dont have an opinion on banning or not I am just saying that I see no reason for anyone to associate with the symbol given the message it sends due to historical happenings regarding the symbol.

I am not sure if anyone on earth should have the authority to ban it, probably not.

Bergy

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I