Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5632&start_row=1

Stop saying "Selassie I"

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: LijTafari Sent: 4/28/2014 3:07:19 PM

HIS name is Haile Selassie I. He is the power of the trinity.
Haile - Power
Selassie - Trinity

Check your Word,Sound, and Power. Rasta, if you keep shouting "SELASSIE I" you are implying that InI King of Kings is power-less.

Shalom.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/28/2014 3:47:03 PM

Who are you calling a Rasta?

Who is Rasta? What is that?

Iman a RasTafari

Now stop the semantics what exactly was the i trying to prove with this post. Rather them bawl for Selassie I then a next name. Nobody thinks a disrespect when we say Selassie I. And by your logics I wonder if you still say Jah?

Its all metaphysics

Selassie I and I and I

Messenger: LijTafari Sent: 4/28/2014 4:14:51 PM

Stop the Semantics?
Isn't InI pure language an African Semitic language?
Do you know your Amarina QwanQwa?

InI trying to prove that it is hypocracy and foolishness to decode Babylon's Word, Sound, and Power and then to make a new language with errors, and cons, and a lack of Word, Sound, and Power. That's what InI trying to prove.
Of course no one means disrespect. But it is InI job to correct that "Rasta's" who are claiming RasTafari, and are IGNORANT to elements in InI Livity. So we need to correct this IGNORANCE in InI house because IGNORANCE is the original sin. So why is RasTafari in a state of inertia? Because we have disobedient, rebellious, and IGNORANT, "Rasta's
and there is a difference between "Rasta" and "RasTafari"

InI am not trying to condemn you, InI only seek to correct and Iron sharpen Iron.

Shalom.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/28/2014 4:54:36 PM

RASpect I&I.
Give thanks Iyah LijTafari for the Iducation of the Amharic language, a beautiful and power-full tongue. But I&I agree with King Garveys Africa also. The word SELASSIE itself is a word of power, and when Iman and Iwombman say Selassie I it is saying, "The Trinity I&I" which is true, or to say Selassie the First is saying "the Trinity is the first," also implying that the Trinity is the First amd the Last, Alpha Omega, Aleph Tov, which is true. So Iwombman see nothing wrong with Iman and Iwombman chanting Selassie I, in fact it is a beautiful thing. And also, man and wombman always going to say what I&I want, so no point commanding "stop saying", but as ALWAYS give thanks for the Iducation King.
Blessed shalom, echad I&I. POWER AND GLORY I&I&I SELASSIE THE FIRST AND LAST.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/28/2014 5:34:18 PM

The power behind the word sound of Selassie I has nothing to do with the trinity. Its HIM direct...the image of His Majesty is conjured by the mind. The etymology or meaning has no relevance in this case. Its linguistics.

Like the power when one chants GARVEY. Did you know Garvey means rough? Still its irrelevant, when we say Garvey we dont think of that. When a name is said the person attributed is the focus not the meaning of the name. Iman say in this time we as a people have come to use Selassie although originally a title, as a Name. And when you shorten a name is not a disrespect. If anything its less formal as a sign of a personal effect. Do you have ones call you by your full name everytime?

We say Haile
We say Selassie I
We say His Majesty..

As long as its the same man we a talk I think the fire should focus elsewhere mi general. By the way your heeeaar how some man round here wha bawl Selasssssie I in full swing I dont think you would reason its a disrespect or a loss of any power.

Easy

Messenger: Timbaho Sent: 4/28/2014 10:23:48 PM

you must be on some higher heights because this is beyond my primitive understanding. basically Selassie means AbWoldeMenfesKidus in english that means father son holy spirit. Haile means power. the I is added after to keep the flow like Haile I. but also before like Haile I Selassie. but then usually it also follows after too with I Jah RastafarI. so you get Haile I Selassie I JAH RastafarI. you can also add Qedamawi {Emperor) at the start to give it more authority. the thing is even though God is powerful he doesn't always need to prove his power by using force. sometimes he chooses to remain humble. so it's ok to just say selassie I ~ if you want to add more power say it louder. you don't have to yell though God can still hear you even if you speak softly. he has excellent hearing.

hope this is of some service...

Messenger: Timbaho Sent: 4/28/2014 10:42:35 PM

I think if you choose to say Qedamawi you can drop the I before and after Selassie. it seems unnecessary. so instead say Qedamawi Haile Selassie JAH RASTAFARI <+> that makes the most sense to me. i use the ninja star symbol at the end because i get sick of always seeing dots. obviously though you can't express that symbol vocally but sometimes hand gestures can be used in a similar way, to give completeness.

Messenger: LijTafari Sent: 4/28/2014 10:49:50 PM

The "I" is not just thrown anywhere in InI King of King's name. It is not an element to try to make InI King of King's name "flow". His name already "flows" as so does his voice like water.

The "I" is Roman Numerical for 1; First.

Haile Selassie I (The First)

Qedamawi also meas one, or first.

Therefore, it is incorrect Amarina to say Haile I Selassie.

Yes, H.I.M. is the First Power of the Trinity.

Therefore, if you RasTafari have a good overstanding of your pure language, and of the Torah where it says "Thou shalt not take the name of Jah in vain", then you would properly say:
Qedamawi Haile Selassie I.

Don't short-circuit InI King of King's name. The name is the glory, and is rather to be chosen over silver and gold.

Shalom, RasTafari.

Messenger: LijTafari Sent: 4/28/2014 10:53:50 PM

The symbols make you sick? Check your Word, Sound, and Power RasTafari. Does it really make you sick?

The Word is produced by vibrations of the tongue, which brings Sound, and that Sound creates Power.

Therefore, you give these symbols Power of you. Put on Yeshua.

Shalom, RasTafari.

Messenger: Timbaho Sent: 4/28/2014 11:31:03 PM

the ultimate freedom is to just say whatever you feel in the moment

the Word originates it's source is a mystery

i should have said i get tired not sick because i am contradicting myself from my previous post in a different topic

i forgot how careful one needs to be when engaging in reasonings of this nature

every letter word sentence can be misinterpreted so easily

my humble apologies

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I