Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=563&start_row=11

www.jah-rastafari.com

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 1/19/2005 8:33:25 AM

The "elders of Nyah Binghi" are some guys who have taken that name and some people also call them by that name.
Again, the only true authority to give them that title is Jah. It is not enough for them to call themselves by that name and some people accept their claim.
Your reasoning is no different from and "recognized" government body. They all call themselves the representatives of the people and the arm of justice. But it is a false claim. But they don't accept it is false. If I tell George Bush that he does not represent the will of the people he will disagree, because he won the elections. He says that whoever wins the elections is the representative of the people.
You seem to be saying that whoever calls himself an elder of Nyah Binghi is actually an elder. So that means they have authority to name a site the official site.
If you want to defend your position, the only way to do so is to explain how you "know" that they are indeed "the elders of Nyah Binghi".
And the fact is that such a designation has not been revealed, so there is no way for you to support the claim with solid proof because the only reason you accepted the claim is because they said so.
The world is run by bluff, don't let people bluff you out of what is yours. If someone is really the true holder of any title or office then creation will manifest that designation and there will be no need to argue.
For example, take Selassie. He is king of kings by his nature, not because of the coronation on Nov. 2, 1930.
So if you want to tell me that those men are elders of Nyah Binghi because of their nature, that's okay. But I cannot accept something just on your word or their word, I have to see for myself.
Isn't that reasonable?

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/19/2005 9:18:48 AM

That seems to be reasonable if you contend that you have the authority to assess "nature".

This debate is most interesting. Please continue bredren.

RSK

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/19/2005 9:29:05 AM

Gideon... you must have much time left to waste on quarrels!
What you do is try to divide... brethren do not listen to such boys on ego trips!

Selah

Messenger: gideon Sent: 1/19/2005 9:53:19 AM

Great Japhet, this boy is just expressing his views. Anyway, no-one can divide what is one, so if I'm trying to divide then I'll only waste my time and prove that I am a stupid ego-tripper.

Anyway, back to the point. Thank you RSK for the comments.

About nature, we are just talking about truth. Every person knows some truth, so that means that every person has some authority to describe nature. For example when it is raining someone can know that it is raining, so that means they have the authority to say that it is raining, because they have been given that knowledge. And knowledge is authority to use words, because you know what something is.
Whenever someone makes a claim then they are trying to say they have authority, but many times it is a bluff, like when people say that if you do this or that you'll go to hell forever. Basically everything that people say is authority that they are claiming. It is up to the person who hears to decide if they will accept the bluff or try to figure things out for themselves.
For me I know what I know and that's all. If I don't know something and you tell me then I still don't know, because someone saying something is true doesn't mean it is true. So if someone says it's raining in Addis Abbaba at this moment, what can I say? I don't know anything about that, true or false. It's just like if the person didn't say anything, because my position hasn't changed. So people say that someone is an elder, I don't know.
But when I look at the situation there is no way I can think of how you can know that they are elders. So it makes me very doubtful of the claim.
If you do know who the elders are, then please let me know because I need to go and talk to them. I always seek knowledge. So if you know they are elders you should know what it takes to become an elder and you should know that these people fulfill all those requirements.
For me, I don't know what it takes to be an elder, because I have never used that term. And even if I know what it takes, I don't know these guys so I still wouldn't be able to say if they are actually elders or not.
All I have the authority to say is that they are called elders. That's because that's all I know.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/19/2005 11:13:17 AM

Obviously from the beginning for I movement we have always looked up to these Elder's mainly because of their dedication to the movement,I's and our land. This gives them the authority of knowledge, this authority all I's respect so with their blessing they have the "authority to claim" that the Nyah house in Toronto is Ifficial.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/19/2005 12:20:59 PM

" Whenever someone makes a claim then they are trying to say they have authority, but many times it is a bluff, like when people say that if you do this or that you'll go to hell forever. Basically everything that people say is authority that they are claiming. It is up to the person who hears to decide if they will accept the bluff or try to figure things out for themselves.

For me I know what I know and that's all. If I don't know something and you tell me then I still don't know, because someone saying something is true doesn't mean it is true."

"It's just like if the person didn't say anything, because my position hasn't changed. So people say that someone is an elder, I don't know.
But when I look at the situation there is no way I can think of how you can know that they are elders. So it makes me very doubtful of the claim."

So you doubting the knowledge of the Elders, if it wasnt for Elders we wouldnt be were we are today also I beleive the Nyah order is built apon by having Elders. It isnt like these people beleifs on RastafarI are not shared, to be and Elder of the Nyah order it means you have went through a long-progress of learning one with I would like to attain.

Your conscouness is high I say for you can partake in conversations that might be harder for me to Overstand, but your consiousness is more directed on yourself and not so directed to RastafarI livity-learning. You somehow do not beleive in the Elders which I beleive is sorta abstract to have in the Ideals of the RastafarI mind. I know that I do not have an authority to tell you this but I would love for you to learn this if not accept this. We should learn from eachother that is why we have wise-men "Elders" the ones who have an enhanced perseption of the Truth.

Ras ElIjah
(finishing my earlier statement)

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/19/2005 6:42:29 PM

I am not going to continue this folly, it has little to do with anything. If we are to continue in this mind set then we will never get anywhere.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/19/2005 11:43:54 PM

Gideon, you said,

--------------
So if you want to tell me that those men are elders of Nyah Binghi because of their nature, that's okay.
--------------

It is not that I want to tell you that, but if your asking the question, I will give I answer. Yes, it is nature of the Elders of the Nyahbinghi.

I know that the Nyahbinghi is True, and I can recognize the Spirit of True Nyahbinghi Idrens and Sistrens. I don't require Iself to prove Nyahbinghi to anybody else for I to know and accept Nyahbinghi. I know and accept this whether or not it is proven to somebody else, it is evident to I.

So I will speak of the Nyahbinghi as Nyahbinghi, regardless of what somebody else wants to say. You accept or reject what you choose, I have not interest in dictating what you accept or reject.

I have come to realize through some other conversations I have had, that I no longer desire to put my time into proving who RasTafarI is to somebody else. When I first heard of RasTafarI, I knew RasTafarI. I didn't require any proof or scriptures or anything else to know Jah. Through I trod as RasTafarI I have seen the proof, but I didn't require this proof to see it.

All those who can see RasTafarI will see RasTafarI. All who are with RasTafarI will be with RasTafarI. All RasTafarI know RasTafarI.

All who don't see RasTafarI will not see RasTafarI.

I prefer to spend I time reasoning about the Heights and Irits of RasTafarI, so Iron can sharpen Iron and I and I can rise Higher. This is useful conversation to I. I also speak of RasTafarI, for others to see the example that I and I should follow, and so those who seek RasTafarI can sight their God and King. I will leave the proving to those who want to prove it to others, I would rather Live RasTafarI.

The reason I bring this reasoning up, is because the same applies to the Nyahbinghi. I don't desire to prove Nyahbinghi to anybody else, those with eyes to see will see.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/20/2005 6:42:04 AM

Yes I! Dem cyan't cool Jah Fire, weak heart feel it, strictly Nyahbinghi!

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/20/2005 8:29:55 AM

Now that I realize it, the add says Ifficial Nyahbinghi House, not the Ifficial House of Nyahbinghi, so it's merely stating its officiality as being recognized by more than several elders.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I