Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5622&start_row=1

Horus rose from the Dead

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/20/2014 9:00:21 AM

Horus was born in a manger from the virgin Isis. Horus was twelve years old when he preached the Gospel to the elders in the temple. When Horus was thirty years old he was baptised, and began his ministry. Horus performed miracles and chased demons away. Horus was betrayed and crucified and died and was in the grave and rose from the death. Horus is the way, the truth, the light, the Son of God, the Messiah, the lamb of God, the Word made flesh, the Good shepherd, and the Anointed.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 4/20/2014 9:30:53 AM

Where did the I read/hear this?It look as if the I is simply replacing Yahshua with Horus.Iman never heard about Horus being a die-and-rise god.The only thing I am aware of is his father Osiris who is claimed by some to have risen from dead.

BLESSED

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/20/2014 9:59:27 AM

On the internet their the I can find pagan information. I and I rather have I and I Faith according to the Emperor Haile Selassie I Faith when he says: "Christ Our Saviour was sacrificed"; and we should live side by side with those because: "Our Lord Jesus Christ when He gave forgiveness to all including those that crucified Him"; -Is told by the Emperor in his speeches.

Did you know the Lion of Judah, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords carries his cross? It is clear that Ras Tafari is Christian Faith. Look here on the Lion pictures, you see a cross:

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 4/20/2014 10:13:56 AM

I see the Lion of Judah carrying a sceptre not a cross. Rulers and kings often carry them

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/20/2014 10:23:16 AM

On top of the sceptre is a cross.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/20/2014 10:30:15 AM

It look as if the I is simply replacing Yahshua with Horus

Thats a good one. They replace Christianity to fit their own pagan beliefs. Ras Tafari is the only way to salvation, there is no other

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/20/2014 12:08:38 PM

"The Egyptian Book of the Dead & the Ancient Mysteries of Amenta" by Gerald Massey.

"African Origins of the Major World Religions" by Yosef Ben-Yochannan, Charles Finch, Modupe Oduyoye, Tsegaye Gabre-Medhin, Wayne B. Chandler.

These two explain the origin of words such as Mashiach/Masih/Messiah and Chrestus/Christos/Chris

"SERAPIS CHRISTUS" and the Bishops of Christ

Jesus Ascended to Heaven?
Acts 1:2,3,9 =40 days after
Lk 24:1,9,13,15,29,33,36,51= same day as resurrection

Christianity replace other religion with Jesus, the others came first not the other way around.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 4/20/2014 12:57:33 PM

Give thanks for these books king.SEEN.

I argument was not "Egyptian god/s vs Christan god/s".

I argument was that Osiris rose from dead according to the books,and not Horus(as far as I know).

The reason I said Melchizedek replaced Jesus with Horus is becoz he wrote all the things written about Jesus and replaced them with Horus.

And except the similiraty that the both rose from dead and some other ones.

Are the stories really full copies?like the baptism,manger, driving out demons,miracles,betrayal crusifixion and all those things?

I haven't really read allot or know much about this.But I think the answer is NO.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/20/2014 2:30:40 PM

Yes I, according to Massey in a side by side comparison not all the things are there but some are the same but he don't have Horus rising from the dead

Egypt/Hebrew,Christian

HUHI/YHWH Father in Heaven
IU,Heru/Jesus Manifesting son of God
Ever coming MESSU/Messiah
Virgin Mother/Virgin Mother
Anup forerunner/John Baptist forerunner
Anup baptizer/John baptizer
Word made flesh/Word made flesh
KRST/Christ
Fulfills law/Fulfills law

that one book is more on the word play wit the African Origins cuz language is a key factor in overstanding concepts. Ex. The Hebrew concept of "Azazel" and the scapegoat, Azazel a word that lost its meaning over time and place and some gave it to mean a demon r supm, but the Akan of Ghana had the same scapegoat ritual that they release to "Asase Yaa" which is the Earth Goddess. So in sayin when dealing with the bible the word play is basically Greek interpretation from Septuagint as Hebrew hadn't been spoken for sumt time so some African tribe still did those rituals and words offer better translation of thought than English.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/20/2014 3:02:10 PM

The "Cross" became a Christian symbol after Constantine had a dream of a Chi Rho with the words "In this we shall Conquer". The cross is pre-Christian used any many ancient cultures even Ethiopia, as even Jesus told his followers to take up their cross before he ever supposedly got nailed to his.

Acts 5:30 Jesus hung from a tree
Gal 3:13 Christ release us from curse of the Law... Curse be he hung from a tree , this implies Christ being hung from a tree not nail to cross

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I