Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5608&start_row=1

Should Rasta trust the bible

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 4/13/2014 2:01:57 PM

Blessed love my lords and empresses Give thanks for this here reasoning.

It has become apparent to me and through recent reasoning with brother Garvey's Africa that InI are dipping too much into materials such as the bible in search for a deeper connection to Haile Selassie. The I has seen now that the bible is an accumulation of edited/stolen/plagarised sources, from ancient mythology(African,kemetic,Greek,mesopotamian etc).the old testament was voted on by the Israelites after Babylonian exile, similarly the new testament at the council of Nicaea in Rome by Constantine and his bishops.they chose/voted on the nature of the man people refer to as Jesus Christ, when InI became aware of the things it made the I shocked and aware to extent at which Babylon is going to enslave the minds of the people.How can we trust a book which contains so much corruption.

How can we use possible fictional stories to define Iselves in this reality world and allow to shape a possibly false idea of Jah by taking them as literal .nonetheless good livity can be learned from personal accounts in this book such as those seen in Ecclesiastes,proverbs, psalms etc because this is expression of these men's minds, reality you know, things the I could learn without ever knowing about a bible

Is it just conincidence that InI can sight Haile Selassie as the Almighty through the bible,or is that the bible is the so called book of life that we are supposed to seek and find his Majesty.it doesn't seem so to I right now as we can do this through other means,

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 4/13/2014 4:43:50 PM

I tend to agree that the Bible is full of corruption. I have trouble with many things in it. Leviticus for example is a horrible book

I find Jah and spirituality in myself and have at times found H.I.M. but only a few times

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/13/2014 5:39:35 PM

What is d "Almighty" to d I? Can a collection books Contain d "Almighty"; a collection dat covers ONLY about 3,000 (skips 400 between OT/NT) yrs of existence in one area of one people, was d "Almighty" not among other people n places? Thru all dese ages does not dis times need d "Almighty", is d "Almighty" not coming part d Atlantic fa InI? Well wat I tryna say is "D "ALL'MIGHTY" can't fit inside of a book"!!! D "Amighty" was before dis book and d "Almighty" is after dis book, IT is beyond dis book!!! D "Almighty" is within d I, in d I heart and in d I thoughts and will reflect in d I walk. If d I limit d I self to a book then d I limits d I and d Irit where as d Irit may try reach d I in a way dat don't go long with a book so d I go fight d Irit cuz sum 2500 yrs ago say so it go. So I wud say look into d I open d 3rdEYE, let ur EYE be single (Matt 6:22), for the Kindom if the "Almighty Jah" is WITHIN YOU (Luke 17:20,21), this commandment is NOT in heaven nor hidden from you, it's in thy mouth n heart (Deut 30:11-14)!!! Yes one can use d bible but we now have access to more than jus it but, dont take everything as literal dats in it. There's a lot of deeper meanings behind lot a things in there, u kno when u read a KJV d I is reading Masonic language which is meant to really pass d I but take what d I cud what's relevant for dis time and keep a moving.

SANKOFA!!!! Blessed Iyah!!!!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/13/2014 6:41:50 PM

Greetings and blessed love.
Give thanks for the reasoning Idren. I am asking Iself this question still every day. No answer for the I yet though. Keep studying, I&I must find the Truth buried under centuries of confusion.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/13/2014 7:03:38 PM

One thing d I dem need to realEYES is dat it was Babylon (greeco/rome) wha make d bible d bible. Dem books deh was never d/or a bible before Babylon got to dem, and before dat dey make certain scroll after Babylon captivity wit Ezra before dat only Moses Law ( prolly Deut, Lev, Numb) everything after dat was add on. Lonng fo dat WE had our own things in Africa, much left for all EYES to see written in stone! But keep study fasho and d EYE will open! Blessed Give thANKHs!!!!

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/13/2014 7:29:45 PM

The Bible is not the end-all be-all of of learning, knowledge, existence, or spirituality. The Bible has been used as a tool of babylonian downpression and an excuse for ignorance, slavery, hatred, and persecution. The Bible should not be interpreted literally in all cases.

However, this does not mean that the Bible lacks any goodness within it. Haile Selassie I, RastafarI, said that He glories in the Bible and that if One does not accept the Bible's great message with a clear conscience, One cannot hope for salvation. So if Haile Selassie I HIMSELF spoke of the Bible in this way (and by "the Bible" I mean the Ithiopian Geez/Amharic version, not KJV or Latin Vulgate), why should I and I RastafarI people not heed the King's Words?

I am by no means suggesting that RastafarI people should bow to the Vatican or babylonian christianity and become "Christians". I am also not suggesting that Incient African Spirituality is any less valid than the Bible or that Africans did not know of Jah before the Bible was even conceived of.

So should Rasta trust the Bible?

Don't trust the western translations, trust the Amharic/Geez version of the Bible that King Selassie I ordered to be published in Ethiopia.

--------------------------------------
The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.
--------------------------------------

Bible

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 4/14/2014 2:49:36 AM

The Lion Roars. Selah.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/14/2014 2:51:27 AM

Blessed I!

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 4/14/2014 1:35:09 PM

Greetings and all blessings to my brothers and sisters, this is my first time posting here.

I feel that more than any book we need to trust our hearts and ourselves. Rather than accepting any book whole cloth we need to study it, understand it within a historical context, and see if it rings true within our hearts. Jah will guide us.

I don't think the bible can be accepted at face value, but I also feel that disregarding it completely would be a mistake.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/14/2014 5:11:59 PM

What is da mistake b for disregarding d bible fully? Could d I explain dis fa I?

Give thANKHs Iyah Path Walker!!!

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I