Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5605&start_row=11

no belief in an Irator or Ible but acknowledging Selassie as the almighty

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 4/12/2014 6:10:07 AM

Idren show the I how the I is confused?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/12/2014 9:56:03 AM

IsIS blackheart.

Binghi brethren, I agree with the I still. One thing the I say:

"I wouldn't say the Bible is the only way to affirm oneself/livity but in this time it a source to introduce the I dem to to an upright livity, the parents don't teach it,the school teachers don't teach it, the system doesn't teach it, so naturally Is will to turn to what's at available whether it is or isn't the most legimate source"

- I would argue that the natural thing to turn to in this time to affirm ones self and ones livity is to look into the HISTORY of ones SELF and ones livity. The Bible attempts to give history as it is in part a historical book but only in part. It is also allegorical / fictional stories with meaning or metaphysical value only. And then theres the question of which parts were and weren't corrupted. Black people argue they are Hamites in the Bible, other black groups argue they are Moabites..... some that they are both...?!...this is a part of the confusion so many different interpretations have lead to...... You mention it may not be the most legitimate source...... Iah, in 2014 WE have our own sources of our own history. We can find out exactly who we are and who we have been through a variety of legitimate sources outside of the Bible. It is this that we need to encourage now. The tactic of awakening black people by telling them to find themself in the Ible may have worked in the 1940s, a few generations off the plantation when that is all we knew......but I'm not convinced this is now the best way.

When one looks to other sources (which are easily accessible) for knowledge of self and ones livity then one will start to develop a different (maybe updated) perspective to many of the biblical contradictions and conundrums.... and also traditional biblical stories you may have to now re-examine.

The morality of our people, accomplishments and downfalls, good and bad; what can be seen as 'cursings' what cna be seen as 'blessings' can be found easily through your own research. Or even better, from the vast amount of research that has already been done, by WE. Not given a book by OTHER people and told to believe and have faith.

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 4/12/2014 2:29:10 PM

Imqn agree eight the I that ones should look in themselves but Babylon set it so the people are not even in sort of mindset/mindframe where they would reflect with their Irits,if the Is don't know something it is more likely they will ask their parents or Google and most of what they come into contact with is falsehood and misnavigation.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 4/16/2014 11:28:08 PM

blessed to all

yes I, to say H.I.M is the almighty or d only god simply means there are false gods and a real god ,but still those are same as any religious dogmas which caused more separation rather than unity , life has no boundaries neither real nor fake are boundaries still.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/17/2014 5:13:54 PM

Iman seh,God is nature,the sun,animals,elements,even man.When I got to a point of Man,I then see H.I.M.Him is the manifestation of nature,or life itself thus HIM is the Almighty I.
That invisible visible.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I