Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5605&start_row=1

no belief in an Irator or Ible but acknowledging Selassie as the almighty

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 4/11/2014 10:24:22 AM

Yes Is and Is, one blessed love,satta massagana

InI overstand and know that Hails Selassie is InI Jah and King, still I would say InI gain this knowledge from greatly from books such as the Ible,Kebra Nagast and such, if InI beileive say the Ible can show I Haile Selassie as the sustainer of the Iniverse and the nucleus of our being and our livity as Rastas,how can Rastas burn the idea of a creator/God and beilieve say that Selassie is the almighty,the essence of his/her being/life, I'm not saying this is not possible the I just doesn't overstand the logic. Mutabaruka is one man who burns a lot of the mainstream concepts of Rastafari and didn't beleive in God, but the I see him as a Rasta elder same way.

On a slightly different note I see ones who say they don't believe in the bible especially in terms of the creation and ressurection accounts but use it to validate Haile Selassie as the most high whether as a special man or as God.Religion has and is still causing much confusion,and I know that rasta is a trod/livity/way of life not a religion and I know that some rastas are now putting greater emphasis on kemetic and ancient so called mythological ideas of Iration and how we were Irated.personally the I knows very little about this and the only way I see Jah is through I reading of the bible and other such historical events that show that Emperor Haile Selassie is the true and living God and Irator,sustainer and shining light of the world.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2014 11:33:58 AM

Blessed Love my Lord.

The concept is simple if I can explain a few things first. You use the word 'belief' a few times in the question. Rasta dont want to believe. Rasta want to KNOW. So in anything one reads or comes across it is about gaining knowledge and not just taking things at face-value. We have to use discern. Some people can read and believe, have faith. Others say No, where that text come from? why was it written and given onto them? Whe else can verify this? And so on. InI use critical thinking and won't fall fool again.

If the Ible can show the I, Haile Selassie is the 'sustainer of the Iniverse and the nucleus of our being' then that is good for the I. But I dont see this from the Bible. Maybe you could share? I see the Ible having a connection to Haile Selassie through his TITLES (King of Kings, Lord of Lords...) and his connection / lineage to people within the Ible like King David. Some people infer this then means he is Christ. Christ is not the sustainer of I Inverse nor the nucleus of I being. So how can that work? I have seen too much wickedness in the name of Christ to want to associate the Almighty with that name.

I look into certain things now and see say before the slavemaster gave us the Bible, we weren't necessarily all-Christians or even majority-Christians in Africa. As I go back further through I-history I see this even more so. I see we were Great, Royal and Godly people before any Bible was written, before any Hebrew text, before them claim Abraham entered Egypt. I then connect this to the MANY anti-black and anti-African statements within the Bible. I can go through these with you if you like? I can show the I where all of the foundation concepts within the Bible were copied / borrowed or 'coincidentally' similar to Incient concepts within AFRICA. I can show you how the Ible was used (with the Gun) to conquer Africa by Europeans. Take an indigenous village in Africa, where no missionary or Bible has ever passed - would these people ONLY be able to sight the divinity of Haile Selassie through a Bible? Theres no other way I can show my brothers RASTA ideology without using a Bible? I disagree Iah....

So one-time black people / Rasta used the Bible to see themself, and find their true identity pre-slavery. This was the only source we had, as the first English book we were allowed to read. We can now find ourself and our rightful place in history elsewhere.

But to deal with God now. What is God? Can words explain the definition and nature of God? The word GOD is a German word from as far back as only the last few hundred years. And nobody uses the word apart from Christians. So we have to relate the word God with the Christian God of the Bible. The same one who cursed the Canaanites and order their children to be murdered and women raped? The same one who cursed Egypt? The same who cursed the children of Ham for seeing his fathers naked drunkenness? The same one who floods the entire earth, killing everyone bar two people? And so on and so on... Read Ezekiel 5:10, 2 Kings 6:29, Lamentations 4:10 and tell me if a the same God? Are they the ways of Haile Selassie?

Rasta dont 'Burn God' how the I dem think. Rasta burn THAT DEH concept of God. I 'God don't move in that way.

Isiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Rasta God don't create Evil. So we move away from that concept to avoid confusion and stop using the word God. Infact, NOBODY in the Bible used the word 'God' as I said its a new word. So we Burn the word and burn SOME of the characteristics given to God by the Christian Bible.

'Haile Selassie is the ALMIGHTY, Haile Selassie is I and I' - no mention of 'God.'

Alright. Stop there. YES some can see Haile Selassie through the Bible. But I'm yet to meet a Ras who agrees with the text in its fullness; whether it was written that way, changed by the council of Nicea, changed by King James or whatever.

So I encourage the I dem to start to see Haile Selassie through many different sources and NOT just the Bible. Because if the Bible is proven wrong / inaccurate then where does your concept of Haile Selassie stand?

Other things to use to sight say Haile Selassie:

- Ethiopianism. The importance of ETHIOPIA to black people across the world historically. Our true and rightful home, origin. The importance of ETHIOPIA to all black people across the world who have been subject to colonialism, imperialism and white supremacy. Ethiopia, as our only place of Unconquered people. Ethiopia is the rallying point for we as Africans.

- African History. You mention Kemet, and this is a good source of Incient pre-Christian African history. Also remember the people of Ancient Egypt were African same way. Infact they travelled DOWN the Nile. Meaning the people we study in Kemet were originally Ethiopians (Nubians). African history should be studied holistically and including the reasons why and how Christianity was brought to Ethiopia / Africa.

- Garveyism. I don't need to remind you of the words of Garvey and Howell and all the others to sight Haile Selassie. One thing Muta emphasize is that, there was no mention of Christianity and Bible teachings here, despite Garvey being a Christian. The focus wasn't religion and Rasta isn't a religion. The Bible is a religious book. The focus of Garveys words and the UNIA was on NATIONHOOD, black nationalism, and black improvement. Garvey accepted members of all religions into his movement. Seeing God through our own eyes doesn't translate to becoming a Christian.

-Nature. Rasta livity and ital livity / Natures law will reveal everything to the I. I don't need a book and it wasn't a book which tell I say is ONE LIFE. Also is not because of the book and nazarite vow why IMAN Locks or why Rasta originally Locks. Is not because of the book why I stand as a PanAfrican with a revolutionary mindset. None @ all.

When one comes out of all religious retentions the I may have, and deal with spirituality. Man can sight Haile-I in everything. I read islamic, buddhist texts, even the mdu ntr, and can sight Haile Selassie in all of them. But choose to sight Haile Selassie from a higher level of consciousness. And reject anything which is harmful or against the upliftment of black people. Which I can show easy say the Bible, in its completeness, would fall into that category.

Search some of the old-time thread here on Garveys Avrica dealing with 'Burn God, Burn Jesus' and the Bible. Probably just search GARVEYS AFRICA, BIBLE. There must be a few by now :)

Anyway, the most important thing...

LIVE UP, and Remember HIM.
One black African Ipreme governance and rule.
Haile

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2014 11:48:33 AM

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5414&start_row=1&word_search=bible&SearchType=Phrase&search_user=garveys%20africa

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5348&start_row=1&word_search=bible&SearchType=Phrase&search_user=garveys%20africa

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5604

Since the I mention Fadda Muta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AJgN28JVN4

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 4/11/2014 6:17:56 PM

Blessed love Iya, the I felt a great joy reading the I's response

The I say you don't associate the almighty with Christ because of the wickedness used under the name. The I see Christ as vehicle of Jah, jah is Christ to I,its just as if one can king Emmanuel and king Selassie interchangeably because its Jah in both of these physical beings. Take how the islamist extremists defile the name of their higher power its just the same thing with Christ,I hear aestheists say oh Jesus this oh christ that but its something they don't truly beieive, don't you beileive that people misuse the name of rastafari and hails Selassie and spread a while heap of untrue things about him, the I must know say many are in a state of confusion and don't know what they are really talking about. If you take people tons zoo and show them a chimpanzee, some will say oh look at this monkey, but the chimp has no tail so it's an ape by definition,seen not every animal that sleeps in a pig pen is a pig.

In relation to what the I said about god slewing the Canaanites etc I would say that you shouldn't try to form an opinion on his actions, because jah does what he wants,should a servant question his master? It is very real that these things shown to us didn't happen like how it is shown to us. The I said you an show the I where the biblical stories were borrowed/taken from and I would like to know. You talk about how Africans were a great royal people,which time period are you talking about pre Arab colonisation of Africa or pre abraham.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2014 6:36:50 PM

I am talking about now, pre-Arab colonisation and pre-Abraham. There have always been great civilisations, leaders, communities and resources within Africa. The Kemetic civilisation alone lasted over 6000 years. Think about that, considering we are now only in year 2014....Only propaganda fed to us in the West will tell us otherwise.

And What the I say about the Canaanites.... The Canaanites were black people. History tells us this. So when one reads 'God ordered the slaughter' of them betcause they do not declare YAHWEH..... one has to really ask IS this Gods instruction? Or is this MANs (false)interpretation of how he THINKS or believes God wants him to do? Or even worse, is this put there on purpose by man to justify invasion and colonialisation? Because a so it sound - Just like when Bush / Obama dem go to War they say they have 'God' on their side... I couldn't work with a God that destroys people for not saying his name.... given that we have been praising different deities for longer than Christianity has been in existance. Haile Selassie is the almighty. Haile Selassie tell I he is a Christian ...BUT him say there is not one valid path or one valid religion over another.
Remember no words in the Bible were written by God. They all come from man and we are told to have *faith* and believe that the men responsible for these writings were doing so by Gods divine will........ But remember is not one book, is 66 books. So were all 66 books written as Gods divine will and inspiration? What about the books which were left out? What about the translation from the original black hebrews into greek with the Septuagint? What about the council of Nicea - the wicked Romans left it completely unaltered? What about the Beta Israelites / Falashas of Ethiopia who Ethiopian history and the Kebra Negast will tell you have been in Ethiopia since Incient times with Menelik I and Queen Makeda. They use a completely different set of books within their Ible:

"The Beta Israelite script:
Mäṣ;;;;ḥ;;;;afä Kedus (Holy Scriptures) is the name for the religious literature. The language of the writings is Ge'ez. The holiest book is the Orit (from Aramaic "Oraita" – "Torah") which consists of the Five Books of Moses and the books Joshua, Judges and Ruth. The rest of the Bible has secondary importance. The Book of Lamentations is not part of the canon.

Deuterocanonical books that also make up part of the canon are Sirach, Judith, Esdras 1 and 2, Meqabyan, Jubilees, Baruch 1 and 4, Tobit, Enoch, and the testaments of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Non-Biblical writings Include: Nagara Muse (The Conversation of Moses), Mota Aaron (Death of Aharon), Mota Muse (Death of Moses), Te'ezaza Sanbat (Precepts of Sabbath), Arde'et (Students), Gorgorios, Mäṣ;;;;ḥ;;;;afä Sa'atat (Book of Hours), Abba Elias (Father Elija), Mäṣ;;;;ḥ;;;;afä Mäla'ə;;;;kt (Book of Angels), Mäṣ;;;;ḥ;;;;afä Kahan (Book of Priest), Də;;;;rsanä Abrə;;;;ham Wäsara Bägabs (Homily on Abraham and Sarah in Egypt), Gadla Sosna (The Acts of Susanna) and Baqadā;;;;mi Gabra Egzi'abḥ;;;;ē;;;;r (In the Beginning God Created). Zëna Ayhud (Jews Story) and fā;;;;lasfā;;;; (Philosophers) are two books that are not considered sacred but have had great influence."

I have some question for the I:

The I believe the Ible is the ONLY way to Jah / to zion / to salvation / to be redeemed....
or the I believe the Ible is the only way to form a moral code of existance?

Also, if the I believe the story of Canaan to be the true actions of God, does the I believe the curse of Ham? And based on HAILE SELASSIE and his character, does the I believe these two examples of Gods actions to be revealed in the movements we have seen with His Majesty? Because thats where i disagree......To me, His Majesty doesn't move them way, I dont move them way, and neither do I people.

Finally, is the I aware of the story of Jesus: Virgin birth, death for our sins, resurrection, SUN of god etc, being taken from an earlier story of Isis (Auset), Osiris (Ausar) and Horus (Heru) from the very same place in the Bible which is allegedly (again) cursed by God?

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/11/2014 6:50:07 PM

Blessed Bobobinghi Jahcub
Give Praise unto the MOST HIGH GOD OF I AND I SALVATION JAH RAS TAFARI THE HEAD OF THE ORDER AND SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE. Yes I, I would just like to give thanks unto the I for bringing the I truth of RAS TAFARI upon the surface here on the internet. The BIBLE is a very logic books and it is alot of knowledge to read it and overstand it not like the rest who just believes; because the Emperor say we should seek and find the truths for ourselfs by reading the Bible. Did the I know that the Bible is the Book of Life, it is inspired by Jah Ras Tafari. I and I glory in the Ible.

Blessed Love
JAH RAS TAFARI

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 4/11/2014 11:29:38 PM

Blessed love my lord

The I wouldn't say the Bible is the only way to affirm oneself/livity but in this time it a source to introduce the I dem to to an upright livity, the parents don't teach it,the school teachers don't teach it, the system doesn't teach it, so naturally Is will to turn to what's at available whether it is or isn't the most legimate source,people see wickedness around them so it harder for them to learn through interaction with others, the system is taking people put of themselves, seen causing Africans sons and daughters to come of themselves and become European minded, but a European a livity can not bring prosperity to African,seen. As Malcolm X said by any means neccessary,.I believe say that even getting a basic understanding of the bible better prepares you to accept the fullness of Hails Selassie found in other places/sources. The bible says the kingdom of jah dwells within man so the even the Bible makes you less dependant on it with the passing of time in I opinion.

I don't believe say that the curse of ham is as big as certain ones point it out to be. The I don't believe a murderous god that can't work for I really, and I think that a lot of these things related to death in the bible are folly but still I couldn't say for sure, if god did slew Canaanites I don't see it as an anti black thing, japeth and Shem were black as well,the I don't personally beilieve in the so called flood of Noah,thatsb illusion to I, if such a occurrence happened to I it means that these wicked people were cut off from jah and he stopped showing compassion for them, still it doesn't make much difference to I. Yes iya, we must focus on this moment and follow the example of HIM,and his kingdom shall be with man and wombman and all direction and guidance required,my lord

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/12/2014 4:56:09 AM

Ises. Giv thanks bro Garvey Africa fo de Iledge n word sound. De bible is a confused book, dat can be seen even when bro Bobobinghi try to defend it him end up confused because him try to defend confusion. As fo de Almighty rasta people haffe iditate deep about who or what it realy is. Whosoever or whatsoever man n man blieve to be de almighty wasn't a big deal to I n I ancient Africa till de slave masters came with dem religion of confusion to brainwash, divide n mentaly colonise black people.
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/post-message.asp

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 4/12/2014 6:10:05 AM

Idren show the I how the I is confused?

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 4/12/2014 6:10:07 AM

Idren show the I how the I is confused?

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I