Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5603&start_row=11

black or white

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2014 10:15:31 AM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2014 10:18:37 AM

But it sounds like your more concerned wit how others see you. Did your mother and father and grandparents define themself as black? It doesn't matter how light / dark they are. It's bloodline and lineage.

Garvey said ONE drop of blood....Others would argue majority rules (ie there may be many branches to a family 'tee' but where does the Trunk lead?)

Knowledge of Self

Haile

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 4/11/2014 11:06:41 AM

well im not really interested in how others see me unless im seen as doing wrong against jah, then i would take a step back and care and check myself i just thought it was an interesting topic my friend said something to me about it when she found out my ancestory and i couldnt really answer so i thought i would post it and see how others would answer my question. some good did come out of it though as i am taking a step back and looking at myself. i guess even if you dont look at others mistakes and judge, if you dont look and fix yours it does no good so i am doing this and am glad i started this conversation. but i will admit i did care a little about the responses im not sure what i was worried about though i wouldnt find being told im either colour would matter that much. i think i was just fearing judgement... from myself maybe? im still not sure what i feared yet. it may have beeen the opinion of others. i am going to take the sabbath and take time to myself and set some time aside from my normal doings and think about who i really am, because i truly am not sure. i know im a child of jah but besides that im clueless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2014 11:51:13 AM

I'm actually intrigued how did you do this research on your family tree? What were the results, the I been vague so far. What were your previous thoughts?

And Yes - King, self reflection is essential. Enjoy!

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 4/11/2014 4:03:36 PM

well actually a about 7 years ago before passing to jah my great great grandmother showed me the family tree her father was able to create throughout his life but no on knows where it went my great grandmother died of cancer and she was the last one who knew where it was so my knowledge isnt the clearest but she showed them to me and explained what happened to them to the best of her ability

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 4/11/2014 11:30:36 PM

i cant say i know exactly how we became white if it was all rape or love throughout we do know of one case of a lighter skinned child from one ancestor during slavery that was from rape but other than that we dont know

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/11/2014 11:47:54 PM

Blessed Love! I love dat u can know ur fambly history way back in dem neh time deh! I found out dat I grampa grummo had run away she an she mo and bredda an siesta nem and hop a train a reach weh we at na, don't weh dey com fum tho. Dey was said to hav sum Indian in dem and I actually hav a picture of she but it ain dat clear.

RASpect And Love!

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I