Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5603&start_row=1

black or white

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: visiondou Sent: 4/9/2014 3:37:49 PM

im curious I am white in skin the story behind this is that when my ancestors where brought as slaves after rape from white "owners" our skin became white so am i still black or am i white as i look?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/9/2014 4:15:05 PM

I rusty brown skin color!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/9/2014 4:38:51 PM

You know the answer

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 4/10/2014 9:26:54 PM

well actually no Garveys im not sure if I would be considered just another white person or if my ancestory would still play a role in that. I know in america they only care about what color it is now but would i be considered with my ancestors or the skin i bear now? by personal opinion. I mean skin colour doesnt matter to me personally a person is a person just the same but just the thought makes me curious and brings wonder

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/10/2014 10:33:01 PM

Some African are born white skinned (albino), so only ur skinn turned after da raping by d devils, how far back is black ancestry, how far back is ur white ancestry, who's d majority (black or white), do u have "African features", do u have European features, wud someone recognize u as black or white, what do ur relatives say, if applying for a job which box u check, are u white when convenient, do u kno any of ur grandparents, great grand parents, what color were they are they, what they call dem selves, are u lighter than Damian Marley, .......?????

WHAT DO CONSIDER YOURSELF OR DO REALLY NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE? Ca if you don't know who you how can anybody else know who you are! First I ca tell you is to "KNOW THY SELF"!!!!!!
Live Up!!!

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 4/10/2014 11:40:47 PM

well I consider myself rasta, i consider myself black of heart, with eyes opening (not yet completely opened as my journey has quite many years left to go) I consider myself a child of jah. as for my skin i am not proud to know how it came about but I am proud to say it was given to me through ancestors who never gave up, and struggled each day, I am proud of who they were but am plauged through babylons oppressive ways. but to answer your question voodoo my anscestors were brought to america earlier in the slave trade of America i couldnt say what year specificly or what part of Africa, so I probably dont have many African features in me physically. I was just curious of what others thought. see if anyone else held similar questions.

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 4/11/2014 1:01:43 AM

I'll just be blunt. I'm white. Not a white rasta - just a white guy. No random black person in the family line....nothing. I'm a fan of rastafari and reggae/dub music. And I greatly appreciate the respect I get here

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/11/2014 7:08:59 AM

How does d I kno d I had African Ancestors from so far back? Did ur ancestors just mate within the lightskin/mix group or did dey pass for white n jus became white in society mating with whites weeding out any sign of Africaness. I live in Louisiana and I see bukoo people mainly from a certain parish wha got dis heavy Euro look to dem from skin to nose and hair some say dey black others say creole most younger are not as light as dey kinda got away from dey prejudice (back in da day dey use to look down on and not mix wit darker "picky head" people). Many whites have black ancestry in America as well as blacks with white ancestry, even George Lopez have 4% Black ancestry, but I wud say its up to u who U are, but jus don't expect everybody to agree wit u cuz if u look white then obviously not many people go look at u as being black.

Live Up!

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 4/11/2014 8:10:14 AM

that makes sense and i cant say much about them as i dont know very much im not even sure where i would find this out. but i know they were brought earlier in the slave trade and im sure i porbably do have some features but im not very good at telling that kind of thing so i guess i may have misinformed you, i dont expect to be agreed with. i do know i still have a few relatives with relativly dark skin tone

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 4/11/2014 8:45:22 AM

Now that i think about it i guess i dont really no myself as well as i once thought thank you for the wisdom voodoo it has helped me to see something big that i managed to miss by myself

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I