Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=560&start_row=1

new dreads

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Rasta Rob Sent: 1/11/2005 4:02:28 PM

InI have just started growing I dreads but I have run into problems. I dont know if InI is using da wrong product or what but InI dreads keep undoing themselves. InI thinks it might be cuz im mixed wit white and I hair is really curly but I really dont know. If any bretheren could help I out it would be appreciated vary much.(i suck at spelling).

Bless

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 1/11/2005 10:21:18 PM

Well I am not brethren but perhaps i can still offer the i some advice as to preventing your dreads from getting loose.The i could probably use rubber bands to hold the hair together, the i should also avoid petroleum and also conditioner to avoid detangling.This should be of some kind of help to the i.The i should remember dreads don't become dreads over night.Bless

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/12/2005 6:08:58 AM

I see what your saying, I am white and when I got my dreads done the man told me that you have to knot it up immediatiatly, no twist dread locking. So what you need to do is find someone who knows how to do this the technique using a comb to knot is called "backcombing". I suggest you look this up. When I got my dreads done the first time though he knotted my hair with his hands, But I dont know where he is so I will have to get someone to use his technique.

Recommended site:

Dread Head HQ

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/12/2005 9:12:03 AM

I have experience with several different hair textures as my children are mixed with Creole and I of Afrikan, Cherokee, Seminole, and Caucasian descent.

I have dreaded my own straight/curly hair and also my daughters straight hair. Whereas we dreaded for spiritual reasons, we have never helped people dread for fashion. We only utilize natural methods. I suggest the I should continue to twist and separate and let nature take its course. As the sistren so eloquently put it, it won't happen overnight.

If this is a spiritual transition, you will notice that your focus on spiritual matters will take precedent over your locs and by the time you have elevated spiritually, you will notice that you locs have begun to take form as they are antennas to help you with perception.

Jah Bless

RSK

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/12/2005 9:16:30 AM

Him did not have know dread,him had a afro.So i ask the people how do dreads make you strong.This thing comes up in my mind all the time,I post the the word dread,saying that we will be a dread to them that downpress,I call myself rasta for the same reason(and some).I know a lot of strong people that do not have dreads and still had or have power to make changes.From HIM,Marcus Garvey,all the way Robert Altheys ect...even bob did not have dread at the end, his power of healing never stopped. So i just do not know how people always talk about strength in the hair,your strength come from JAH and so did Samson.Even with out hair he killed people,even more then when he had hair.(if that is the strength that people are talking about)

onelove

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/12/2005 9:53:07 AM

Rock lets not get on this subject again. You pick what you want, what is said is seen.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dont worry Sent: 1/12/2005 9:56:46 AM

hey whatsup

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/12/2005 10:18:33 AM

i was not talking to you.i was posting my opinion.seen, maybe by you,but not by other.post what you want, back off the corrections on what i should post.this is the subject hair.something was said like the dreads is wear ones power come from, i know my power come from jah.so i am picking what i want and posting it in the right contexts.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/12/2005 12:08:21 PM

brethren, sistren

one correction, i've seen a young picture of HIM with locs

and Jah does grant strength

from personal experience, my dreading is always the result of seclusion which allows me a closer walk with Jah in study and preparation

one luv

RSK

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/12/2005 12:35:41 PM

The Rock,
Listen buddy Ive always been nice with you. Why you get this tone. What I have said is seen I said PICK WHAT YOU WANT, your power. I didnt object to what you thought I simply stated the fact we have already wasted to much time on this subject in a different topic. The reason people get dreads is because they want or they have a beleif that is helps them prosper, many have different views and perspectives on this and we havent found a solution that all beleive that is the Truth. By the way I didnt correct you at'tal I was simply try to reason with you that we shouldnt waste time on a topic thats only going to lead to wasted time and efforts when we could be inding solution's on different things or maybe read another chapter, you dig.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I