Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5589&start_row=1

TutankhTafari and the R1B1A2 LIE

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2014 9:16:45 AM

For anyone interested.

Googlesearch: King Tut / Tutankhamun and race - and you will find a longstanding debate (/warfare)and senseless arguing about the race of the son of Akhenaten. His name literally tranlates as the 'Living image of God" Tut-Ankh-Amun/Aten/TAFARI.

Some of you might remember a while back, during a Discovery Channel documentary, a few of King Tutankhamun's DNA markers were leaked on the show. iGENEA, a Swiss genetics company, took the opportunity to use the genetic markers revealed during the documentary (from a few screen captures) to reconstruct his Y-DNA profile. They claimed that more than half of Western European men are related to King Tut. This is being passed around as science and accurate (based off the Discovery Channels partial "findings")

Here are some interesting articles in response to the Discovery Channel based DNA claims:

Carsten Pusch, a geneticist at Germany's University of Tubingen who was part of the SAME team that unraveled Tut's DNA stated,

iGENEA's claims are simply impossible ... Pusch's team used snippets of Y-chromosome DNA to link Tut to his closest relatives, identifying his mom and dad. But they didn't publish the full genetic data that would allow genomics companies like iGENEA to link modern people to the Tutankhamen lineage ... But people hoping to prove that they've got an ancestor in common with the notoriously sickly boy king should take iGENEA's claims with a grain of salt, Pusch said: "It appears that they try to better sell their DNA testing kit by using the media attention connected to King Tut."

And Dr. Albert Zink stated,

Dr. Albert Zink from the EURAC [European Academy of Bolzano, an independent research center] in Bolzano and co-author of the 2010 JAMA publication screened the footage and confirmed that the company acts very unscientific," Pusch wrote in an email to LiveScience. "The Swiss company did not try to get into contact with us prior to launching their new Internet page."

So who are iGENEA?

iGENEA is a Swiss ancestry analysis company which I had deservedly mocked a couple of years ago because of its ridiculous claims. In my experience, commercial ancestry analysis outfits are often plagued by either of two problems:

1. They offer too little value, such as a breakdown of an individual into the categories of "Europe", "Asia", and "Africa".

2. They pretend to offer too much value, such as the ability to connect one's Y-chromosome with Old Testament priests, numerous ancient "tribes", or to break down one's genome to a very fine detail that is not commensurate with the power of the DNA evidence they collect (e.g., with the CODIS markers)

iGENEA is a great example of #2.

Now, they have done it again, pretending to be able to link men with a particular R1b1a2 haplotype with King Tut. Note that the Y-chromosome of King Tut has never been published, and speculation about it is based on some screencaps from a Discovery Channel documentary that may or may not belong to the Pharaoh:

iGENEA was able to reconstruct the Y-DNA profile of Tutankhamun, his father Akhenaten and his grandfather Amenhotep III with the help of a recording of the Discovery Channel. The astonishing result:

Indeed, the whole business of mummy DNA is highly suspect, as Jo Marchant has covered quite comprehensively in Nature News; see also King Tut's DNA in doubt.

The original paper in the JAMA was remarkable for its non-publishing of crucial data necessary to validate the claims within it. This is yet another argument against the flawed peer-review system whose main objective, it seems, is to take in money for journals and dole out prestige to authors, and not to do actual science.

http://dienekes.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/igeneas-king-tut-claims.html

So are there any other studies / conflicting evidence?

- Of course. But in the spirit of racist science, we aren't told about these:

"Now, onto more salient and fruitful information (that somehow went relatively unnoticed).

DNA Tribes autosomal STR DNA article shows that King Tut's DNA matches closely to Central Africans, although not exclusively. The results:

Results indicated the autosomal STR profiles of the Amarna period mummies were most frequent in modern populations in several parts of Africa. These results are based on the 8 STR markers for which these pharaonic mummies have been tested, which allow a preliminary geographical analysis for these individuals who lived in Egypt during the Amarna period of the 14th century BCE. Although results do not necessarily suggest exclusively African ancestry, geographical analysis suggests ancestral links with neighboring populations in Africa for the studied pharaonic mummies. If new data become available in the future, it might become possible to further clarify results and shed new light on the relationships of ancient individuals to modern populations."

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread884241/pg1

Still unsure?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/31/2014 10:16:35 AM

Can't memba weh I seen dis at but, it said dat but I think 1/4 of da males in a certain town in Western Europe were descended fum on African male a but 700 yrs ago and dey say "wat was dis black man doin in Europe at dis time". Mayb d I can search and post d link ca Iman seem to hav a problem postin links.

Question fa d I?
Do d I think Wes Ifrican descend fum Kemet?
Or Prolly Phonecian sailors?
Or Incient Sahara tribes?
Or maybe multiple Incient migrating tribes?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2014 12:09:53 PM

I've heard of that too but I think that's a different argument. They were basically trying to say the man in the picture above is white. Tanned European. They have consistsntly tried to keep the EGYPTIANS and NUBIANS as two seprecate races when it simply isn't true. The Egyptians including Tutankhtafari were all black African by whichever standard. They (pre dynastic to Narmer) came DOWN the Nile, so if we trace that backwards where does that point to? KUSH or Ta Merry or Nubia. The Egyptians are the Nubians... Or 'Ethiopians' if you want to look at it that way.

The idea of copying and pasting a few snippets from a recording off the discovery channel and filling in the gaps then using this as accurate evidence is terrible. They should be charged and locked up. On their website they are selling (for a high price) to 'Test your DNA and see if your ancestry links back to king Tut". - given they are a European company it servers their interests / profits if they put out such a claim.

The question you posted -

First off I don't see the Phonecians as seperate enno King. The evidence again being in the language. I see them as Punic Africans, spread beyond the border of what we now know as Africa. If we follow language, then influence of the Mdu Ntr goes into Arabia / Europe and West and South Africa. This implies a widespread migration. If we look to West Africa now there are definitely both Hebrew and Kemetic lineages (I can't think of exact names now as I'm not by my CPU but any Hebrew Israelite / Kemetologist will have that information ready). The Dogon come to mind but there's much more evidence than that. If we look to the megaliths and pyramids all in the same style as that within Kemet (although none as technically advanced) from mesoAmerica to stone henge, then again it suggests worldwide migration of a people with shared African knowledge or science. I think the true story of our people is older and more widespread than current history at this point would dare to suggest.

But to answer more specifically I think i agree with your last point. West Africans as we now know probably from a migration of different Ancient 'sub-Saharan' cultures and civilisations

West African history as of the past 1000 years is cool, still, we need to look more ancient than that. We need more information on the Nok culture from Nigeria from 3000 years back

Bless up king

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/31/2014 1:31:28 PM

Yes I, Of course dey were black dem Europeans kno dat but u kno dey system of supremacy but wa I mean dat dem white boy dem mite be descended fum King Tut but it is tru d Africans (like da one mentioned) dat was deh in West Europe gi'in dat wood to d white gal dem.
But I don't stud bout dem DNA scam n lie tho ca dey jus propaganda thing make ppl blee all dem lies wha dey tell, like dey say Jewish priestly DNA, say Lemba got priestly DNA but dey never find say dey find Aaron or Moses remains fa da compare to so all dey could say is Lemba and Ashkenazi got a common ancestor whoever he mite b, but I read once dat d Priestly yChromosome is only 1000 yrs old.

Yes Iyah, Iman try to look ina West Africa (Nok), Lake Chad area also, some say HUAn remains even older than Ethiopian ones were found near Lake Chad. What d I think of a Inner ( West, Central, Southern) African origin of HUEman versus Itiopi??

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2014 1:52:40 PM

Hahaha yes king. Nicely put. I see where your coming from now. Well I really do think at one point in Ancient History black Africans were worldwide. Running all over the globe. Dropping seed everywhere. It's what history suggests, anytime Africans have gone into Europe a so it go. So many Europeans with last names that if you were to Google them and type 'coat of arms' next to the name, you more than likely will see a good number of Black Moors (Africans) on the family coat of arms. They don't tend to like that. We know the Egyptians were "all loving" whenever they entered the Middle East and Europe too.

But all jokes aside we must learn from history - anytime this has happened it has turned sour. Right now we must adopt Garveys ideology, with the knowledge of past mistakes, no racial mix up in this time. Like we come to frolic in a Babylon. Lol

Anyway.... Nooooo king your last question no make sense to the way I see it.

Ethiopia.... Abyssinia.... Axum.... Pre-all of that was the very same land mass your describing. That IS Ethiopia to I. As first described. Ethiopia as we see it today is the remnant. But Dr Ben used to teach Ancient Ethiopia as the cradle of civilisation which encorporated what is now modern Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, and parts of the Congo. Central Africa yes I. They can't fool I with their modern colonial segragated state lines and country division, way of looking at the Motherland. Whether it was Ethiopia (as it's defined today) or not, it's the same Africans.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2014 2:01:47 PM

Even though it's a Westerners map this is how Africa was originally viewed. I like this because it gives more of a PanAfrican viewpoint of the continent than the modern post -scramble for Africa version of a map of Africa with a much smaller region of Ethiopia.

Based on the original map, humanity started de ya......and a so I sight Ethiopia

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/31/2014 4:10:07 PM

Yes I, but what I mean is when lotta ones say HUEman-oman start Ethiopia dey talk bout d "Lucy" but what I sayn is I read of older findings in more recent times near Lake Chad not try separate jus change location in /Ethiopi/Africa

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2014 4:13:53 PM

Yeah dem gone past Lucy I hear.

Until them find a next one and a next one..... In and around Central Africa / Ethiopia. They have problems with certain areas in Africa for archeology though, Ethiopia / Sudan border and into Sudan. Muslim countries (like Egypt) aren't too into that....

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/31/2014 6:26:03 PM

Yes I, true dat!

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 3/31/2014 11:23:53 PM

Those babylonians just can't bring themselves to admit that a great civilization could possibly have been created by Africans.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I