Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5587&start_row=1

Using the Internet for Research and Studies

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 3/30/2014 3:49:28 PM

Greetings,

Some of the I may be well aware of how to attain credible sources of information on the internet, while others may not. Either way, I'd like to bring this topic forward.

Firstly, it is of most importance that I and I use our JAH given ability to critically think about what we are researching and studying on the internet; or anytime I and I are given some information about a thing, we should reason in our heart and mind about it.

Secondly, on using the internet to find credible sources; here are a couple guidelines I and I can follow:

1. Refine your search. One way to help refine your search on the internet is to change the options/preferences on the search engine. Either go to "advance seach" and select the option for "*.edu" sites.

Or, for example, google has the "search tools" options. Click on it, next click on "all results", next click on "reading level". This will give you the option to select beginner, intermediate, and advanced. If the I selects intermediate or advanced, this will limit the search to more scholarly and informative articles and journals.

Some search engines even have the option for "scholarly journals". Though I believe google had this option; now they have the round about way to select that option, which I mentioned above.

2. Know the source. Who has written what you are reading? There should be some sort of citation to let you know. Wikipedia can be changed by anyone, at anytime, so it is not the best source.

More love and Life to all I and I,
May I and I find JAH light in the darkness,
and may JAH light reveal to I and I the truth which has been hidden.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/30/2014 4:25:03 PM

Wikipedia can be changed BY ANYONE?
That can't be true.The only reason wikipedia can be changed is for update of new information.Wich is beneficial over other sites.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/30/2014 5:51:10 PM

What makes a source "credible"?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/30/2014 6:09:49 PM

Iman always provide references. I think there should be a minimum of two where possible. However some concepts of discussion may be spontaneous or self created or through life experiences with real none internet and none connected to Babylon people..... In which case references may not b possible.

Give thanks for the post Iyah Oats

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 3/30/2014 6:17:35 PM

Yes I, wikipedia can be edited by anyone. Check for the Iself. Go there and look. Edit button on every subject. They ask that no one vandalize the articles; but some just go there and spread there lies anyways. This is why I say know who/where the information is coming from. Many statements on wikipedia have citations, and so you can check the source.

Yes I, what does make a source credible? One way is if the source can cite what, where, why, how and/or whom they got the information from. Once the I knows this one can usually decide whether the source is credible, and whether or not, if what they are being told is fact of fiction.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 3/30/2014 6:20:03 PM

True Garveys Africa, also everyone has their story to tell, each one teach one.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 3/30/2014 6:21:48 PM

Just some be telling lies and would have I and I stumble. Lots of misinformation out there.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/30/2014 6:26:55 PM

Give thanks for sharing this Iyah.

I always thought I could fully trust wikipedia coz all the info there comes from books and verified sources.And I didn't know anyone can just edit.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 3/30/2014 6:29:59 PM

Surething Brethren

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/30/2014 8:13:21 PM

Truth Rasta. Give thanks.
Approaching all things with a healthy skepticism helps I&I not to be deceived. Less conclusions are drawn this way, but I think it's worth it to leave some question marks instead of filling in the wrong answer.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I